What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Lol
ARs are just sporting rifles... Get your facts straight

What sport is that?

Competitive shooting, both single rifle, and 3 gun competition.....and, of course, self defense....

You need a semi automatic for this?

Ray said a handgun was just as good as a semiautomatic rifle for self defence.

I said a semi-automatic handgun is just as good because both guns fire the same amount of rounds in the same amount of time.

There you go. You don't need that AR-15.

Lol
Firearm ownership is personal, stay the fuck out of people’s personal lives you little weasel

The gun bunny solution to mass shootings?

MORE, FUCKING GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

In a Builiding of a mass public shooting, the police with hand guns are not outgunned by a rifle....the rifle is a long range weapon that loses it's advantage in the confines of a building....in fact, it can become a disadvantage in close quarters....

So you're saying that an assault rifle is a lousy self defense weapon. I agree.

It's also a lousy hunting weapon.

So we "need" them why?
First of all it depends on the set up, Ars can be set up to be a great personal defense firearms depending on the situation.
There is no better varmint rifle than an ar/m-4 platform. Obviously you use emotion to make up your opinion that makes you a fucking retard....

You can't use a .222 for varmit? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

.222?
Prairie dogs are a hoot to shoot… There are far too many of them, ARs and the like work best for eradicating the diseased parasites.

Wow, shooting harmless little animals get you off.

Prairie dogs carry the black plague… There are far too many of them, they deserve to die...

Last edited:
Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.

Oh, they do. Their solution is to arm everyone, because apparently this will somehow work. Yeah, more guns will mean more people die, which will then destroy humans in the US and when they're all dead, there won't be any gun crime.
No, just arm the good people as so they can then protect themselves from the bad people who are being created faster than a person can blink these days.

Now since you don't have any honest solutions on how to curb or stop so many bad idiots from getting on board the good people train, then just sit back and watch as the nation attempts to drain the swamp that has been created over time now.

And who are the "good people"?

Such a ridiculous concept.
You asking such a ridiculous question is the ridiculous concept that's going on with the left these days.

Why is asking who the "good people" are a ridiculous question?

Remember that each and every criminal was a "good person" before they become a criminal. That a lot of these mass killings were carried out by "good people".
The fact remains we have no criminal control in this country

Oh, they do. Their solution is to arm everyone, because apparently this will somehow work. Yeah, more guns will mean more people die, which will then destroy humans in the US and when they're all dead, there won't be any gun crime.

Funny I never said anything about arming everyone
I do know disarming everyone (who would obey the law) won't lower the murder rate
'Because I disagree with most of what you have to say (your fruitcake logic) does that mean that I want to disarm everyone? No, just the crazy people and it appears you may fit that definition.

It's the classic camel's nose under the tent

So you ban the Ar 15 then the next school shooter uses a Mini 14 then you want to ban that gun so the Mini 14 gets banned and the next school shooter uses a different semiauto then you want to ban that because it was used in a school shooting etc etc etc
Wrong.

But your post does fail as a classic slippery slope fallacy.

In fact, in jurisdictions where AR platform rifles and carbines have been restricted, no efforts have been made to restrict compliant platforms such as the Mini 14 or SU 16.

YET

The focus right now is solely on the AR but when you idiots finally wise up and realize the AR is no different from any other semiauto then the push will be to ban those as well

That is the game plan.....that is why they focus so hard on the AR-15...if they can get that banned because they can get gullible people to think it is too dangerous...there is no reason to prevent them from banning all other semi automatic rifles, pistols, shotguns and revolvers.......

There is no “common sense” type of gun control. The solution is common sense person control, by removing the liberal social structure that has been forced on our country. Remove the idea of entitlement, remove the basis for perceived injustice and you remove the persons reasoning behind mass shootings. Our schools have breeding grounds for this type of person. The ruling class narrative pushed by them is anti constitution, anti individual, and anti American.

It seems to me the idea that no solution exists is your only strength. Solutions exist, they work in the vast majority of Western Democracies because they do not have a 2nd A.

Come try and take my guns kid...…;)

Just don't shoot someone in back, or the UPS driver.

I bet Doc1 is one of those cowards who feel the need to carry a gun to go buy a six pack of Bud at the grocery store.
Lol
Depends on where you are, homeless people might try to take your bud...

What we have here is too fringe groups yelling at each other while they are so LOUD that the rest of us have trouble discussing anything. You people aren't necessarily right, you are just LOUD.

Well......loud is how you are heard. The left is loud via MSM. We don't have that, so we need to yell louder. All we really have is AM radio and Fox news. The MSM, Hollywood, education, the internet is all dominated by the left.

But because we yell louder doesn't mean we are wrong either.

In an 8 hour period in there, I saw just a couple or three posts by a few people. But there were 64 posts by the same 4 people trying to yell down everyone else though insulting posts. Your bunch tries to bury everyone elses inputs. It's hard to weed through all the Insulting Posts to get to the meat of the subject. Once your posts goes into the loud venue, people just stop reading it and your real message is lost whether its right or not.

So what you are saying is the left does not "yell?"

What you're really upset about is not the number of posts, but that you are outnumbered. The majority on this subject are pro-gun. Therefore for every one post a leftist makes, it's battled with four opposition posts regardless of who posts them. Insults? That comes from both sides if you've been here long enough to realize it. I object to insulting posts unless one is reacting to a personal attack. I do that myself, but I never draw first blood.

I like civil discussions when it comes to politics. Insults are teen chat room exchanges. I avoid participating with flamers if possible. Speaking for myself only of course, I conduct myself here as if we were discussing issues at a bar or club in person. I don't believe in hiding behind a keyboard and tossing insults at people that may be 500 miles or more from where I live.

I am so difficult to handle there ain't enough of you to go around. So you just get LOUD. I am not loud but I do have a message without the petty insults to try and make myself look smarter, better looking, etc.. I have noticed that you are easier to read than most. I just don't particularly agree with everything you have to say. But, hey, that's what makes life interesting.

Yes, the Left Yells but I don't. But I find, in here, the major source of "Yelling" is from the fringe group of guncrazies. Rather than discuss and actually coming up with a solution (and yes, any solution I see I will pass on to other voters) they start in insulting and degrading the other person. I can't speak for MSN since I don't listen to that. I can't speak for Talk Radio since I don't listen to that. And I can't speak for
Pauxsnews since I don't watch nor listen to that. I speak for myself and the community for which I live in who have made changes to confront all the evils that are being shouted out to cover up an chance of coming to a solution. Newsflash: There is always a solution for most problems if we stop yelling and insulting each other long enough.

Right now, the Right needs to clean it's act in here and out of here. Do it before you lose more than you can afford to lose. And put a cork on the NRA meddling in local elections. One of the reasons so many Dems were elected into the house is that the NRA put money against the other side and the voters said enough. And the people voted in are Moderates. That should scare the hell out of everyone that is in the fringe on both sides.

Very few people base their vote on gun issues unless the left is once again making threats.

You want NRA money out of our politics? Fine with me, I'll work on that and you work on getting that union money out of the hands of Democrats; that trial lawyer money so our manufacturers can't get sued because somebody took their new toaster in the shower with them; that Sierra Club money that leads to very costly and job killing regulations.

This is not a one-way street you know.........

The anti gunner groups, Bloomberg in particular outspent the NRA this cycle.....so now they don't get to contribute money.....right?

I bet Doc1 is one of those cowards who feel the need to carry a gun to go buy a six pack of Bud at the grocery store.

So...to you making yourself defenseless and vulnerable is a sign of bravery? Really?
I mentioned it and you disagreed that it was a Machine Gun, fruitcake.

Your desperation is duly noted. As you know, and know well, the AR-15 is not a machine gun. Using a bump stock does not change the weapon. It is not being used as designed.

I once got a ticket for driving 104 on one of Florida's turnpikes. Was my '66 GOAT responsible? Actually, it was a bit over 110 but the patrolman gave me a break. I disobeyed the law, not the car.

Why do you continue to beat a dead horse? Other than your being a troll I mean.

Beating-Dead-Horse-GIF-S.gif
He’s a fucking control freak

But wouldn't you agree that most Americans (regardless of the percentage you think) use their guns for recreational or good purposes?

Every one of those good purposes can be affected without the need for a semi-auto magazine fed weapon...certainly without an assault weapon

The AR-15 is not an Assault weapon....what else do you have?

The AR-15 is a constitutionally protected weapon as are all firearms....what else do you have?

YOu know from the research I posted that magazines have nothing to do with death rates in mass shootings....why do you keep focusing on them?

Pretty dogs carry the black plague… There are far too many of them, they deserve to die...

PRAIRIE dogs...can be hunted with a friggin .22. Hell you can use a tube loaded semi-auto for all I care. You can use a lever action 30-30 if you want to pay a buck a shot.

You DON'T need an assault weapon.

But note...Rustic SELLS guns so it's in his interest to sell as many as possible

Pretty dogs carry the black plague… There are far too many of them, they deserve to die...

PRAIRIE dogs...can be hunted with a friggin .22. Hell you can use a tube loaded semi-auto for all I care. You can use a lever action 30-30 if you want to pay a buck a shot.

But note...Rustic SELLS guns so it's in his interest to sell as many as possible
The .223 is a 22 caliber round you idiot

Funny I never said anything about arming everyone
I do know disarming everyone (who would obey the law) won't lower the murder rate
'Because I disagree with most of what you have to say (your fruitcake logic) does that mean that I want to disarm everyone? No, just the crazy people and it appears you may fit that definition.

So you ban the Ar 15 then the next school shooter uses a Mini 14 then you want to ban that gun so the Mini 14 gets banned and the next school shooter uses a different semiauto then you want to ban that because it was used in a school shooting etc etc etc
Wrong.

In fact, in jurisdictions where AR platform rifles and carbines have been restricted, no efforts have been made to restrict compliant platforms such as the Mini 14 or SU 16.

YET

The focus right now is solely on the AR but when you idiots finally wise up and realize the AR is no different from any other semiauto then the push will be to ban those as well

That is the game plan.....that is why they focus so hard on the AR-15...if they can get that banned because they can get gullible people to think it is too dangerous...there is no reason to prevent them from banning all other semi automatic rifles, pistols, shotguns and revolvers.......

Ban assault typerifles & high capacity magazines. You need neither.

Wrong.

YET

Ban assault typerifles & high capacity magazines. You need neither.

What anyone needs or doesn't need is not for you to decide
Never was
Never will be

You left out the mos important. It's the one designed to do the most damage in the fastest time. And you left out that it was designed as a combat rifle. Then you left out that there are much better alternatives. You left out that it has the body count record for mass shooters. You left out that it's easy to conceal and transport it.

I don't advocate outright banning of the AR but I do advocate better controls on it through common sense firearms regulation.
hey didn't you just say the 5.56 was a round designed to wound not kill?

make up your mind

and you know as well as I do that an AR fires no faster than any other semiautomatic rifle

Let's take a look at the Vegas shooting. Over 500 people were wounded versus 57 confirmed dead. It does a lot of both wound and kill and it does it very fast and efficient. It's design, for the day, was dead on for combat.

it is no faster than any other semiautomatic rifle and here you are saying you don't want to ban all semiautomatics while calling to get rid of just one type because it's "too deadly"

I don't want to ban any of them. But I do want some checks and balances. When one weapon is as efficient in killing and wounding as the AR then it's worth seriously looking at.

The fact is, if you are going to go balls out for 10 minutes, the AR IS much faster than the sporting semi autos. If you are talking about one 30 round mag then no it's not. But bring lots of mags and the AR is now being used for what it was originally designed for and it's better at it than all the others.
Na, not really

ARs are just sporting rifles.... no two ways about it

All weapons are sport until someone takes aim at a human. It still goes back to the humans choice of taking that aim, and never is it the weapons choice. Trying to convince a lib of that is hilarious.

The post never said it was. Wow, this is why people complsin with stupid people running around with these weapons.

Partly because there is no real difference between an assault weapon and any other magazine fed semi-auto weapon...and no real need for either of those very dangerous weapons

That statement is just foolish.

Please give us your definition of an assault weapon. Not your fantasies, what is the definition of an assault weapon. What is the difference between that and, say, an AR-15?

You will agree that a M-16 is an assault rifle, right? And that definition has nothing to do with the A in the AR. It's used to assault in a war condition and it's pretty damned good at it. It's normally used in it's single shot setting because it just wastes ammo otherwise. So now you have a single shot M-16. Can you tell me the difference between an AR-15 and a M-16/M-4? And don't give me that crap about the AR must being a sporting rifle. You may be right but the sport animal it was designed to assault is human. All other uses are secondary.

So you agree that the AR-15 is far from being any sort of Assault Weapon. THANK YOU!

Follow along kiddies.

We're told that it's important to have an AR-15 because it is a good gun for shooting squirrels...

We're also told that it's not a good self defense weapon (there are many much better)...

And that the main reason for having one is a "defense against the government"...but that it's not a military grade weapon.

Of course defending oneself against an actual military with a weapon that is admittedly not military grade sounds silly but then the entire gun hugger argument is pretty fucking silly so....

Oh and no...the gun huggers have no solution to mass shootings or gun violence because ...they just don't see it as a problem
Someone else’s firearm ownership is none of your fucking business, and certainly none of the federal government business… That’s what we have learned kiddies

ARs are just sporting rifles.... no two ways about it

Then how could they be a credible defense against a government that has an actual military?
First of all the military is overwhelmingly pro second amendment, they would never go against their own… And against the constitution
Federal government would have to use the CIA/FBI/NSA/homeland security/ATF to confiscate firearms from the public… They could not use the military, the use the military domestically against citizens?Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia
Themilitary would Would never go for that to begin with, they would turn their weapons on an oppressive federal government...

How do you think a bunch of rag heads in Afghanistan have foiled every empire over the course of history with much lesser?
am glad mass shooting idiots have not figured this out yet. With buckshot, one magizine could kill 50-100 people in a tight crowed.

We've had shotgun attacks in this country and they invariably lead to lower body counts.

We've SEEN what assault weapons can do to a crowd
Not with that specific gun, dumb shit.

The solution to mass shootings is for you and your candyass ilk to quit being hoplophobes.

am glad mass shooting idiots have not figured this out yet. With buckshot, one magizine could kill 50-100 people in a tight crowed.

We've had shotgun attacks in this country and they invariably lead to lower body counts.

We've SEEN what assault weapons can do to a crowd

Wrong....

Parkland....AR-15 18 murdered.

Crimea 2 weeks ago, 5 shot, pump action shotgun against college students.... 21 dead.

Virginia Tech, 2 pistols, 32 dead.

The post never said it was. Wow, this is why people complsin with stupid people running around with these weapons.

LUsh said use a .22 instead of a .223 you moron so obviously he she it doesn't realize that a .223 is a .22 caliber round

Forum List

Back