What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

Wait wait, that can't be right. I'm repeatedly told by black members on here that only whites commit mass murder.
Um yeah, in terms of individual mass shootings, it’s basically all white guys.

Ummmmm, you mean except for Virginia Tech, the worst school shooting, then you have the Navy Yard shooter, the D.C. snipers, the Pulse Night club shooting, San Bernadino, the Long Island train shooter.......
Those are still statistical anomalies. Most are white guys. Of course If you think bringing up the worst of them matters, you should consider the the Vegas shooter who committed the most out of any. Guess what? He was white!

And your solution to mass shootings?
A start would be better background checks and ending the gun show loophole. That wouldn’t be enough of course. It would require ceasing production of most guns.

Very few guns were ever used illegally purchased from guns shows. Such a policy would only make you feel a little better but not solve anything.

Wait wait, that can't be right. I'm repeatedly told by black members on here that only whites commit mass murder.

Ummmmm, you mean except for Virginia Tech, the worst school shooting, then you have the Navy Yard shooter, the D.C. snipers, the Pulse Night club shooting, San Bernadino, the Long Island train shooter.......
Those are still statistical anomalies. Most are white guys. Of course If you think bringing up the worst of them matters, you should consider the the Vegas shooter who committed the most out of any. Guess what? He was white!

A start would be better background checks and ending the gun show loophole. That wouldn’t be enough of course. It would require ceasing production of most guns.

Okay....how does background checks stop mass shooters? The Pulse Night Club shooter went through a background check for his security job, a background check for each gun purchase, 3 interviews with trained FBI interrogators over his accusations he was a terrorist, an under cover approach by the FBI and a detailed, year long background check....and almost every other mass shooter passed current background checks, which means they would pass any universal background check.

And mass shooters don't have to go to gun shows, they simply buy their guns with a background check at the gun store...and by the way, if they went to a gun show they would also have to pass a background check from the licensed dealers there...

What else you got?

There is no gun show loophole. There is no exception in the law allowing guns to be sold at gunshows without a background check.

Quit repeating liberal talking points, it makes you seem like an uneducated idiot.

7 Gun Control Myths That Just Won't Die

I'm not 100% sure I buy that blacks commit the most mass murders. I mean maybe I just don't hear about them when they happen but I always see mass murderers as white dudes. Maybe an Asian like the VT shooter I believe was, but it's mostly crackers.

Most people think of mass shootings as 8 or more people. They use the measure of four or more people which does happen in gang violence.

So....we have given you pages of the actual solution to mass public shootings....what is your solution....?
Gun control policies that work. Other first world nations don’t even have this problem. Unfortunately for America where there are an endless supply of fucking guns, it would require ceasing production. Yeah, yeah, you don’t like that idea. Don’t bother telling me.

And ceasing production would do what?

I'm not 100% sure I buy that blacks commit the most mass murders. I mean maybe I just don't hear about them when they happen but I always see mass murderers as white dudes. Maybe an Asian like the VT shooter I believe was, but it's mostly crackers.

Most people think of mass shootings as 8 or more people. They use the measure of four or more people which does happen in gang violence.

Gang violence isn't part of the definition for mass public shootings...as you know....but the gun violence archive needs to mix gang violence in or they can't get that number high enough to scare people....

Gang violence isn't part of the definition for mass public shootings...as you know....but the gun violence archive needs to mix gang violence in or they can't get that number high enough to scare people....

That's why they define mass shootings as four or more people. If they defined it as ten or more people, we would have very few mass murders.

Very few guns were ever used illegally purchased from guns shows. Such a policy would only make you feel a little better but not solve anything.
What are you basing that on exactly?

So....we have given you pages of the actual solution to mass public shootings....what is your solution....?
Gun control policies that work. Other first world nations don’t even have this problem. Unfortunately for America where there are an endless supply of fucking guns, it would require ceasing production. Yeah, yeah, you don’t like that idea. Don’t bother telling me.

Ceasing production of semi automatics specifically. Granted there are already a shitload of semi auto guns, but it would go a long way.

Ceasing production of semi automatics specifically. Granted there are already a shitload of semi auto guns, but it would go a long way.

That's fine, but you didn't answer the question: what would that solve in your mind?

FBI statistics.

That's fine, but you didn't answer the question: what would that solve in your mind?
Um people would stop buying them. Could they get them illegally? Probably, but if production stopped it wouldn’t be a problem after awhile.

17 mass shootings when the assault weapons ban was in effect...31 in the 10 years after

FBI statistics.
I don’t buy it til I see the statistics. It doesn’t really make any sense though. There’s no reason why that would be.

FBI statistics.
I don’t buy it til I see the statistics. It doesn’t really make any sense though. There’s no reason why that would be.

Sure there's a reason. Most of the sellers at gun shows are licensed dealers. As such, they are (by law) required to do a background check be it at a gun show or in their place of business. Even people who sell their personal firearms usually ask for ID of some sort. It would kind of be stupid not to because if that weapon is used in a crime, the detectives will trace it back to the last owner and they would have to answer questions about it.

Guns used in crimes are statistically stolen or purchased from straw buyers.

17 mass shootings when the assault weapons ban was in effect...31 in the 10 years after
----------------------------------------------- and how many people were murdered in the 31 mass shootings 10 years after the assault weapons ban Lesh ??

Um people would stop buying them. Could they get them illegally? Probably, but if production stopped it wouldn’t be a problem after awhile.

Then what you are talking about is outlawing gun manufacturing and sales which is completely unconstitutional. Gun manufactures are not going to stop making them on their own. A law would have to be passed prohibiting their industry which again, would be stopped by a federal court or eventually the Supreme Court.

Not even!!! the vast majority of mass shootings by the standard set by the liberal media and their friends are done by other than white shooters .

Then what you are talking about is outlawing gun manufacturing and sales which is completely unconstitutional. Gun manufactures are not going to stop making them on their own. A law would have to be passed prohibiting their industry which again, would be stopped by a federal court or eventually the Supreme Court.

The assault weapons ban was Constitutional

Forum List

Back