What is the republican solution to ending mass shootings? Why don’t they ever offer solutions?

probably a small amount eh, its the price we Americans pay to have the RIGHT and Freedom to own guns Lesh .

Then what you are talking about is outlawing gun manufacturing and sales which is completely unconstitutional. Gun manufactures are not going to stop making them on their own. A law would have to be passed prohibiting their industry which again, would be stopped by a federal court or eventually the Supreme Court.

The assault weapons ban was Constitutional

He's not talking about a specific kind of firearms, he's talking about all firearms. Big difference.

So you ignorant liberals want to make it impossible for this country to manufacture military weapons. So when the war starts I am sure our enemies will sell us some to kill them, you people are the stupidest shit to ever be dropped from the cow. When the hell are we going to put these people in the asylum where they belong they are an extreme danger to this country’s well being.

So you ignorant liberals want to make it impossible for this country to manufacture military weapons. So when the war starts I am sure our enemies will sell us some to kill them, you people are the stupidest shit to ever be dropped from the cow. When the hell are we going to put these people in the asylum where they belong they are an extreme danger to this country’s well being.
------------------- the only thing these libs care about is SAFETY and Free Healthcare 12 Icer .

probably a small amount eh, its the price we Americans pay to have the RIGHT and Freedom to own guns Lesh .
Ohhh...so eventslike Parkland and Sandy Hook and Vegas and Orlando...are just the "price we pay" for you to have your squirrel guns huh?

I'm sure that comforts the loved ones of those victims

Gun control policies that work. Other first world nations don’t even have this problem. Unfortunately for America where there are an endless supply of fucking guns, it would require ceasing production. Yeah, yeah, you don’t like that idea. Don’t bother telling me.

And ceasing production would do what?
Ceasing production of semi automatics specifically. Granted there are already a shitload of semi auto guns, but it would go a long way.

That's fine, but you didn't answer the question: what would that solve in your mind?
Um people would stop buying them. Could they get them illegally? Probably, but if production stopped it wouldn’t be a problem after awhile.

Then what you are talking about is outlawing gun manufacturing and sales which is completely unconstitutional. Gun manufactures are not going to stop making them on their own. A law would have to be passed prohibiting their industry which again, would be stopped by a federal court or eventually the Supreme Court.
I didn’t say it was possible - it’s just what is needed. Obviously the GOP that sucks NRA lobbyist dick wouldn’t allow it. Of course, according to Scalia, gun control is constitutional. Think of it this way: slander is illegal yet it technically falls under freedom of speech.

Ohhh...so eventslike Parkland and Sandy Hook and Vegas and Orlando...are just the "price we pay" for you to have your squirrel guns huh?

It's the price we pay to have firearms period. You are the one obsessing on guns and types of guns.

And ceasing production would do what?
Ceasing production of semi automatics specifically. Granted there are already a shitload of semi auto guns, but it would go a long way.

That's fine, but you didn't answer the question: what would that solve in your mind?
Um people would stop buying them. Could they get them illegally? Probably, but if production stopped it wouldn’t be a problem after awhile.

I didn’t say it was possible - it’s just what is needed. Obviously the GOP that sucks NRA lobbyist dick wouldn’t allow it. Of course, according to Scalia, gun control is constitutional. Think of it this way: slander is illegal yet it technically falls under freedom of speech.

We do have gun control. There are over 200 federal regulations on firearms on top of additional state and even city regulations.

Even if the Republicans would allow it, the courts wouldn't. Firearm ownership is a constitutional right.

A start would be better background checks and ending the gun show loophole. That wouldn’t be enough of course. It would require ceasing production of most guns.

Very few guns were ever used illegally purchased from guns shows. Such a policy would only make you feel a little better but not solve anything.
What are you basing that on exactly?

FBI statistics.
I don’t buy it til I see the statistics. It doesn’t really make any sense though. There’s no reason why that would be.

Sure there's a reason. Most of the sellers at gun shows are licensed dealers. As such, they are (by law) required to do a background check be it at a gun show or in their place of business. Even people who sell their personal firearms usually ask for ID of some sort. It would kind of be stupid not to because if that weapon is used in a crime, the detectives will trace it back to the last owner and they would have to answer questions about it.

Guns used in crimes are statistically stolen or purchased from straw buyers.
No actually. At gun shows, they are exempt from needing background checks. As long as the dealer doesn’t have previous knowledge that someone is a dangerous felon, they can sell it.

We do have gun control. There are over 200 federal regulations on firearms on top of additional state and even city regulations.

Even if the Republicans would allow it, the courts wouldn't. Firearm ownership is a constitutional right.
Yeah, I know we have gun control measures.

Rather aribitrary to say banning of types is illegal but other gun control measures aren’t wouldn’t you say?

Rather aribitrary to say banning of types is illegal but other gun control measures aren’t wouldn’t you say?

I'm sorry, but I don't follow what you're asking.

Very few guns were ever used illegally purchased from guns shows. Such a policy would only make you feel a little better but not solve anything.

FBI statistics.
I don’t buy it til I see the statistics. It doesn’t really make any sense though. There’s no reason why that would be.

Sure there's a reason. Most of the sellers at gun shows are licensed dealers. As such, they are (by law) required to do a background check be it at a gun show or in their place of business. Even people who sell their personal firearms usually ask for ID of some sort. It would kind of be stupid not to because if that weapon is used in a crime, the detectives will trace it back to the last owner and they would have to answer questions about it.

No actually. At gun shows, they are exempt from needing background checks. As long as the dealer doesn’t have previous knowledge that someone is a dangerous felon, they can sell it.

No, that is totally false. A gun dealer is held to those standards whether they are selling a firearm in their shop, at a gun show, or even from their home. By the way you are talking, it sounds to me like you never been to a gun show.

It's the price we pay to have firearms period. You are the one obsessing on guns and types of guns.
------------------------------------- i don't worry about comforting all the dead that died in car accidents either . Car death are the price we pay to have the FREEDOM to use cars to travel Lesh ,

The Supreme Court allows regulation on guns, yet you claim banning certain types is unconstitutional.

FBI statistics.

No, that is totally false. A gun dealer is held to those standards whether they are selling a firearm in their shop, at a gun show, or even from their home. By the way you are talking, it sounds to me like you never been to a gun show.
Ive never been to a gun show but I know how they work. The federal background check is only required for commercial sale. It is perfectly legal for you to sell your gun to a stranger without a background check. That is why it is allowed in gun shows given that the sale is not commercial.

------------------- the only thing these libs care about is SAFETY and Free Healthcare 12 Icer .

And ummmmm

At least One other thing.

FBI statistics.

Ive never been to a gun show but I know how they work. The federal background check is only required for commercial sale. It is perfectly legal for you to sell your gun to a stranger without a background check. That is why it is allowed in gun shows given that the sale is not commercial.

Yes it is commercial. If a gun seller never owned the gun he is selling and a licensed dealer, it's law that he has to run a background check.

The Supreme Court allows regulation on guns, yet you claim banning certain types is unconstitutional.

No, what you stated is that we stop gun manufacturing in the US. By that statement, it means all gun manufacturing--not just specific weapons. That's what I was responding to.

Okay, so any level gun control is bad which is of course retarded on its own, but the right can’t even think of any alternatives to curbing gun violence. Saying “no” to everything accomplishes absolutely nothing. It’s astounding we are still at square one.
Republicans are the only ones that have come up with a solution.
More open carry.

Worked real well in 1871.

Forum List

Back