What is worse, Cuba's government or Hungary's government?

Supermarkets in Hungary,

List of supermarket chains in Hungary​

Aldi[edit]​

Aldi store entrance
FĂŒrdƑ utca 31.PetƑfi SĂĄndor utca 80.
Kandó Kálmán u. 2.MalomkƑ u. 3.
II., PasarĂ©ti Ășt 98.III., Huszti Ășt 33.III., RĂĄkĂłczi Ășt 38.IV., ÓceĂĄnĂĄrok u. 3-5.V., Kossuth Lajos u. 13.V., BĂĄthory u. 8.VIII., RĂĄkĂłczi Ășt 65.IX., TƱzoltĂł u. 10-16.IX., VĂĄmhĂĄz körĂșt 1-3.X., Kerepesi Ășt 73.XI., Kondorosi Ășt 7.XI., Soproni Ășt 60.XI., Hunyadi JĂĄnos Ășt 19.XI., RĂ©tköz u. 10/b.XIII., Rokolya u. 1-13.XIII., PannĂłnia utca 59-63.XIII., PetnehĂĄzy utca 12.XIV., SzuglĂł u. 60-62.XV., RĂ©gi FĂłti Ășt 64.XV., ErdƑkerĂŒlƑ u. 47.XV., KĂ©smĂĄrk utca 10.XVI., BökĂ©nyföldi Ășt 102.XVII., Pesti Ășt 237/pXVII., Pesti Ășt 2.XVIII., Cziffra György utca 7.XIX., Szalay u. 7-17.XIX., Hofherr Albert u. 38-40.XIX., ÜllƑi Ășt 280.XX., Köves Ășt 9.XXI., II. RĂĄkĂłczi F. Ășt 154-170.XXI., Szent Imre tĂ©r 6-8.XXII., HĂĄros u. 11.XXII., NagytĂ©tĂ©nyi Ășt 145-147.XXIII., Haraszti Ășt 32/b
KishatĂĄr utca 9/AOzmĂĄn utca 1.Ötvenhatosok tere 5/b.VincellĂ©r utca 5.
EszperantĂł Ășt 4.KandĂł KĂĄlmĂĄn tĂ©r 10.
Szauter Ferenc u. 3/CCsipkegyĂĄri Ășt 11.FehĂ©rvĂĄri Ășt 5/AMalomszĂ©ki utca 11.
Árpád utca 31.PetƑfi utca 56.
IzsĂĄki Ășt 69.RĂĄkĂłczi Ășt 13/A.Szt. IstvĂĄn krt. 30.
Kiss ErnƑ utca 13/APesti Ășt
KĂĄllĂłi Ășt 16/CPazonyi Ășt 40.Törzs utca 2.
Zsolnay Vilmos utca 48.Árnyas utca 25.TĂŒzĂ©r utca 5/A
Ágfalvi Ășt 4/AGyƑri Ășt 45.
Kossuth Lajos sgt. 119.Katona JĂłzsef utca 89.
Holland fasor 1.Jancsår köz 1-3.Szt. Flóriån krt. 11.
Demeter utca 2.Szent Gellért utca 49.
Dornyai BĂ©la u. 5.Észak-keleti ĂștgyƱrƱ 6.

Lidl[edit]​

Lidl store entrance
III. BĂ©csi Ășt 325-337.III. Huszti Ășt 20.III. Szentendrei Ășt 251.IV. Megyeri Ășt 53.VI. Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Ășt 61.VI. KirĂĄly u. 112.VIII. HungĂĄria körĂșt 26.VIII. Leonardo da Vinci u. 23.VIII. Teleki tĂ©r 1.IX. Gubacsi Ășt 34.IX. LobogĂł u. 12.X. CeglĂ©di Ășt 1-3.X. MaglĂłdi Ășt 17.X. Sibrik MiklĂłs Ășt 30.XI. BartĂłk BĂ©la Ășt 47.XIII. BĂ©ke tĂ©r 2-4.XIV. MogyorĂłdi Ășt 23-29.XV. ErdƑkerĂŒlƑ Ășt 36.XV. RĂ©gi FĂłti u. 1.XVI. JĂĄnos u. 196.XVI. ÚjszĂĄsz u. 47/BXVII. Pesti Ășt 2.XVII. Pesti Ășt 237/HXVIII. Cziffra György u. 115.XVIII. MargĂł Tivadar u. 83.XVIII. Nagykorösi Ășt 35.XVIII. ÜllƑi Ășt 379-381.XIX. BĂĄthory u. 6.XXI. Ady Endre Ășt 58.XXII. NagytĂ©tĂ©nyi Ășt 216.XXIII. CiklĂĄmen u. 3.XXIII. Haraszti Ășt 34-36.
Derék utcaFaraktår utca 58.
BĂĄnomi ĂștDobogokƑi Ășt
Jerevåni utca 42.Mécs Låszló utcaSzeszgyår utca 6.Tihanyi Árpåd utca 9.
Bereczk SĂĄndor u. 2.ElƑd vezĂ©r u. 3.FĂŒredi Ășt
Sopron utca 43.Tapolcai utca 45/A
CsermƑkei Ășt 207.Kiss ErnƑ utca 13/BPesti Ășt 5.
Debreceni Ășt 106/CPazonyi Ășt 37/A
Lahti utca 45.LĂĄzĂĄr Vilmos utca 10.Puskin tĂ©r 22.SiklĂłsi Ășt 52/A
BĂĄnfalvi Ășt 12.LĂłfuttatĂł utca 4.
MakkoshĂĄzi körĂșt 21.Szabadkai Ășt 1/C
Balatoni Ășt 21.Farkasvermi ĂștMĂĄrtĂ­rok Ășt 11.
SzĂ©chenyi körĂșt 4/BDĂ©libĂĄb utca 4-6.
KenyĂ©rvĂ­z utca 2.Verseny utca 30.Zanati Ășt
GyƑri Ășt 31.Szent BorbĂĄla Ășt 31.
BolgĂĄr u. 1.NaszĂĄly utca 20.
Cholnoky JenƑ u. 29/1.Észak Keleti ĂștgyƱrƱ 2.
ÁtkötƑ utca 3.PlatĂĄn sor 6/A

Penny Market[edit]​

Penny Market store entrance
TemetƑ Sor 1/1BerĂ©nyi Út 14.
III. Huszti Út 36.III. PacsirtamezƑ U. 41-43.III. PĂŒnkösdfĂŒrdƑ U. 52-54.IV. Baross Utca 6.IV. KĂŒlsƑ SzilĂĄgyi Út 4.VI. KirĂĄly Utca 82.VII. Garay TĂ©r 20.VIII. JĂłzsef Krt. 45.VIII. HƑs U. 9.VIII. Könyves K. Krt. 62-64.X. KolozsvĂĄri Utca 55.X. Sibrik MiklĂłs Út 23.XI. RĂ©tköz U. 1.XIII. VĂ©sƑ Utca 11.XIII. VĂĄci Út 9-15.XIII. JĂĄsz U. 105.XIV. FĂŒredi Út 37.XV. RĂ©gi FĂłti Út 66-68.XVII. Pesti Út 16-18.XVIII. MargĂł Tivadar U. 31.XVIII. ÜllƑi Út 661.XIX. Ady E. Út 32-40.XX. TopĂĄnka U. 7.XXI. Kossuth Lajos U. 69.
MalomtĂłszĂ©l 27.KƑrösi Út 38.
PĂ©terfia U. 13-19.KĂŒlsƑ SzoboszlĂłi Út 1.SĂĄmsoni Út 99.
Baracsi Út 5.KenyĂ©rgyĂĄri U. 2.
Mátyás Király Út 139.II. Rákóczi Ferenc U. 96.
Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Út 133-135.Budai Út 24.
Tihanyi ÁrpĂĄd Út 89.Gerence Út 29-31.SzabadrĂ©v U. 20.
Kossuth Krt. 60.KodĂĄly ZoltĂĄn TĂ©r 8.Tordai U. 2.
Csapás Út 6.Frech Miklós U. 1.
Ilona U.1.Soltész Nagy Kålmån U. 40.Andråssy Utca 65.
Dózsa György Utca 160.Kalmår U. 8.
Csalåd U. 35.Låszló U. 10.Állomås Tér 6.
Zsolnay Vilmos U. 8.PĂ©csvĂĄradi Út 1.Megyeri Út 84.SiklĂłsi Út 68/ASztĂĄrai MihĂĄly Út 4.
MakkoshĂĄzi Krt. 27.VĂ­ztorony TĂ©r 3.Dorozsmai Út 52/A.
SzĂ©chenyi U. 104.Palotai Út 10.
Bolt Köz 2.Széchenyi Istvån Krt. 137.
Gazdag Erzsi U. 12.Körmendi Út 42-48.SĂĄrvĂĄr U. 1.
Ságvári Út 44.GyƑri Út 35.
Aulich Lajos Utca 1.Csillag U. 22.Dózsa György Tér 1.
KöztĂĄrsasĂĄg Útja 51.PlatĂĄn Sor 17/B.

Supermarkets[edit]​

NameStores
Auchan5
CBA (PrĂ­ma)141
Coop (Coop Szuper, Coop C+C)423
Spar (Spar, City Spar, Spar Partner, Spar Express)377
Tesco (Expressz, Szupermarket, S-Market)93

Regional and local chains[edit]​

NameStores
CBA2359
Coop5057
ReĂĄl2310
PrivĂĄt100+

Specialty chains[edit]​

Consumer electronics[edit]​

Cuban communist owned food stores Cuba
cuba-economy.jpg

Orban has methodically changed Hungary from a democracy to an autocracy. It's not even subtle.
He’s tough on judges

Something the left has not been favorable of in America

Though their attitude on that is subject to change with the new consrrvative supreme court

Hungary is not the problem of Hungary. The problem of Hungary is Orban. And as well the governments of Poland and Hungary have the problem that they are members of the EU but do not like to accept the independence of judges.

And what is going on in Cuba I have absolutelly not any concrete idea about. They have nice old cars there I heard. And the terrible concentration camp Guantanamo is in Cuba, isn't it? But that's a serios problem of the USA.
I think the communist government in Cuba has not worked for the people. I agree with your assessment of Hungary and Poland. When Americans see that as a preferrable form of government, that is concerning. Trump loves Orban. He would prefer his authority as President. Trump tried to over ride the checks and balances of the executive branch.

Why do so many people criticize Mr. O (and implicitly the Hungarian people)?

Yes, I know next to nothing about Hungary.

But I hear tell that Mr. O. is just saying something like: "If countries like the United States, England, France, Sweden, etc., want to embrace multiculturalism, that's fine with us. But we Hungarians feel that a homogeneous society is more congenial. In other words, we prefer to be the Japan of Europe. Please let us live in peace."
His words do not bother you.

Lefties seemed to admire the crooked Ukraine regime but they dislike the relatively friendly government of Hungary. What gives? I guess it beats talking about the mess the Biden administration is in over Taiwan.

s
Lefties seemed to admire the crooked Ukraine regime but they dislike the relatively friendly government of Hungary. What gives? I guess it beats talking about the mess the Biden administration is in over Taiwan.

Viktor Orban is dangerous. Texans better wake up. What the hell are you going to do about all the brown skinned, mixed race, non Protestants in Texas?

Cuba's government is by far worse than Hungary's government. You see Cuban refugees rafting across the Florida Straits in large numbers but not so with Hungarians they seem to be happy where they are

What is worse, Cuba's government or Hungary's government? Cuba is as close as you can get to pure Communism in the real world. Hungary is an authoritarian, close to a dictatorship, with goals of purity of races. Orban said, "we do not want to become peoples of mixed race." Who does that sound like?
We do not want Communism for obvious reasons but the far right is embracing Orban and his Hungarian government. This is a threat to democratic union. It has to be stopped.

Interesting.

Communism IS authoritarian by design and in practice so they if your description of Hungary is correct they are similar at least in one respect.

Cuba however is clearly worse being as close as you can get to pure communism it is a shit hole

I think the communist government in Cuba has not worked for the people. I agree with your assessment of Hungary and Poland. When Americans see that as a preferrable form of government, that is concerning. Trump loves Orban. He would prefer his authority as President. Trump tried to over ride the checks and balances of the executive branch.

Do you think Trump actually knows what Orban is about or just caught up in the moment?

He’s tough on judges

Something the left has not been favorable of in America

Though their attitude on that is subject to change with the new consrrvative supreme court
Move to Hungary Mac- we do not want Hungary here. You belong in Hungary, Russia or North Korea. The USA is far to good for you

Last edited:
Interesting.

Communism IS authoritarian by design and in practice so they if your description of Hungary is correct they are similar at least in one respect.

Cuba however is clearly worse being as close as you can get to pure communism it is a shit hole
The US needs neither form of authoritarianism. Stop all people pushing either.

The US needs neither form of authoritarianism. Stop all people pushing either.

Hungary was Communist until 1989. They've really been through some ugly bloodletting.

To my knowledge the government in Hungary is popularly elected

Judges are not

Are you mad? Independent judges are a base for every democratic system where elections make any sense at all. A system which starts to eliminate an independent system of justice will land in a tyranny where nobody will have any right to vote for anything else than the will of a leading tyrant.

Last edited:
Do you think Trump actually knows what Orban is about or just caught up in the moment?
Trump knows authoritarianism. He has shined on authoritarian leaders; Putin, Kim Jong Un and shied away from democratic western countries.
No. Does courage bother you?
You must think Hitler was a very courageous human.

His words do not bother you.
I do not know any of his words other than those related to ethnicity.

I have read that he believes Hungary is a happier country if everyone remains a Caucasian and a Christian.

He does not hate anyone.

He does NOT say that other countries should follow Hungary's example (or Japan's example, either).

Israel, for example, also believes that the nation's survival depends on remaining a Jewish nation. It harbors no "dislike" for other groups.

So, NO: his words with which I am familiar do not "bother" me.

Trump knows authoritarianism. He has shined on authoritarian leaders; Putin, Kim Jong Un and shied away from democratic western countries.

You must think Hitler was a very courageous human.

Trump embraces Viktor Orban and Putin. Hungary is an autocracy.

Forum List

Back