What Is Wrong With America ?

One would have to be a complete moron to not agree with the point that the super rich have, quite literally, thousands of ways earn money that are not taxable as income. Income and capital gains taxes impact the upper middle class a helluva lot more than they do the billionaires.

Sounds like you would agree with me then that we should raise taxes ON THE RICH. Make the ways they get money TAXABLE. Do what it takes. And close the loopholes, and keep closing new ones as they arise. This is part of what we're paying our legislators for. Let them earn their pay (and maybe their approval rates just might go up a bit)

I'm paying my legislator to keep those loopholes open!

And as a protector of the American people, I'm doing all I can to close them, and see that guys like you don't succeed in screwing up the country, for your own personal GREED.

If you don't see the connection between our first paragraphs, I don't see a reason to break it down all first grader style; and if you're too lazy to do a simple Google search for TPA abuse, I'm too lazy to bother doing your research for you.

End result. You couldn't answer the question because you know that your original statement calling the ACA a "problem" with this country, has a major flaw. And that flaw is that YOU could NEED that ACA someday (maybe even tomorrow, anytime).

Wrong, I actively refuse to participate in it. Obama's tax police can do wtf ever they want to me, I won't be a part of communist healthcare.

You can stop spouting that tired "people need it" bullshit anytime you want. There's nothing new or revolutionary about ACA except for insurance companies getting a bigger paycheck and taxpayers getting reamed harder by government & big business combined.

FALSE! The only taxpayers Obama has talked about raising taxes on is the very rich, so please don't spout that childish graffiti again. it's already been washed off the walls. And those are trivial issues compared to the primary essence of the ACA, that no matter what may happen, YOU will be able to get healthcare. That is of course what is new and revolutionary about it. So you and the Mr. Echos who thanked you for that hole-in-the-bottom post can go back to the drawing board, and come up with something else to attack the ACA with, but no matter what you come up with, there still is the main issue that whenever your illustrious insurer dumps you, (with ACA) you're still covered. And without ACA ? What do you do then ? You may answer yourself, or Mr Echo 1, or Mr, Echo 2.

One would have to be a complete moron to not agree with the point that the super rich have, quite literally, thousands of ways earn money that are not taxable as income. Income and capital gains taxes impact the upper middle class a helluva lot more than they do the billionaires.

Sounds like you would agree with me then that we should raise taxes ON THE RICH. Make the ways they get money TAXABLE. Do what it takes. And close the loopholes, and keep closing new ones as they arise. This is part of what we're paying our legislators for. Let them earn their pay (and maybe their approval rates just might go up a bit)

NO! Most certainly not! IMO we should all pay the same tax rates for the same items.

I see so we should eliminate all tax shelters like say Bill Gate's Charity Foundation. This to increase the amount of taxes we get from him. Is that your point?

Bill not dumb he'd just buy an island and leave you tax and spenders.

What's your annual income ? And how much tax (in $) are you paying. What's the matter ? Are you one of those richies I'm talking about, with tax shelters galore ?

Well, let's see, you want ALL of us to pay the SAME tax rates right ? That's what you said. So if that same tax rate was 20%, and one guy's income is $30,000/year, his tax would be $6,000, leaving him with $24,000/year. And if an income is $100 million/year (ex. movie actor Johnny Depp in 2012), after paying his 20%, he'd be netting $80 million/year. So Johnny Depp nets $80 million for making believe he's somebody else in front of a camera, and the other guy (who maybe risks his life for his money- firefighter, coal miner, soldier, etc) nets $24,000. So you'd be OK with that.

Well, guess what. That's why 80% of the American people want tax increases on the rich. Because of just that kind of talk, And I suspect if they all heard you talking here, the 80% might rise to 90% in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:
End result. You couldn't answer the question because you know that your original statement calling the ACA a "problem" with this country, has a major flaw. And that flaw is that YOU could NEED that ACA someday (maybe even tomorrow, anytime).

Wrong, I actively refuse to participate in it. Obama's tax police can do wtf ever they want to me, I won't be a part of communist healthcare.

You can stop spouting that tired "people need it" bullshit anytime you want. There's nothing new or revolutionary about ACA except for insurance companies getting a bigger paycheck and taxpayers getting reamed harder by government & big business combined.

FALSE! The only taxpayers Obama has talked about raising taxes on is the very rich, so please don't spout that childish graffiti again. it's already been washed off the walls. And those are trivial issues compared to the primary essence of the ACA, that no matter what may happen, YOU will be able to get healthcare. That is of course what is new and revolutionary about it. So you and the Mr. Echos who thanked you for that hole-in-the-bottom post can go back to the drawing board, and come up with something else to attack the ACA with, but no matter what you come up with, there still is the main issue that whenever your illustrious insurer dumps you, (with ACA) you're still covered. And without ACA ? What do you do then ? You may answer yourself, or Mr Echo 1, or Mr, Echo 2.

So just because he only talks about taxing the rich, we should ignore him taxing everyone else? are you seriously this naive? how have you survived this long?

Theft at the point of a gun is not "practicality." If someone comes to your home and walks off with the food in your freezer, or your car that you need to drive to work, is that "practicality?" We make out like taking a % of someone's income is just the way it is, but when the money is taken from peter to pay paul it's no different than a felonious assault. We just white wash it and call it tax and spending policies.

When you look at the SS/Medicare stuff the bottom quintile get more out than they put in, the second quintile breaks even. The third quintile may or may not break even based on how many years they live past the average. The fourth quin-tile gets royally screwed over and the upper quintile gets a tax exemption preventing him from being more screwed over than the fourth quintile.

Someday you may BE that "Paul". Then what ?

Can't happen. I maxed out my SS/Medicare payments before I turned 35. I'm 50 now and have now paid well over 2times into SS/Medicare what I would receive if I lived to a ninety. I suppose if I retire early and live to 120-140 years old it might happen, but only because the dumb asses don't earn interest on my deposits.

You're talking about things that have NOTHING to do with what I said. You were complaining about taxing Peter to pay Paul. I said you may be that "Paul" someday.
You could suddenly lose every penny you have, and find your self at the mercy of the American people, and the govt programs they have set up to provide for the indigent, disabled, elderly, etc

If this happened to you, you wouldn't be anywhere near the first one. During the 1929 crash, people were jumping off of tall buildings (but they didn't have welfare then).

NO! Most certainly not! IMO we should all pay the same tax rates for the same items.

I see so we should eliminate all tax shelters like say Bill Gate's Charity Foundation. This to increase the amount of taxes we get from him. Is that your point?

What's your annual income ? And how much tax (in $) are you paying. What's the matter ? Are you one of those richies I'm talking about, with tax shelters galore ?

Well, let's see, you want ALL of us to pay the SAME tax rates right ? That's what you said. So if that same tax rate was 20%, and one guy's income is $30,000/year, his tax would be $6,000, leaving him with $24,000/year. And if an income is $100 million/year (ex. movie actor Johnny Depp in 2012), after paying his 20%, he'd be netting $80 million/year. So Johnny Depp nets $80 million for making believe he's somebody else in front of a camera, and the other guy (who maybe risks his life for his money- firefighter, coal miner, soldier, etc) nets $24,000. So you'd be OK with that.

Well, guess what. That's why 80% of the American people want tax increases on the rich. Because of just that kind of talk, And I suspect if they all heard you talking here, the 80% might rise to 90% in a matter of minutes.

Damn those poll numbers were in the 70's, did they do a new poll are you just too senile to remember your previous lies.

So just because he only talks about taxing the rich, we should ignore him taxing everyone else? are you seriously this naive? how have you survived this long?

We shouldn't ignore anything, but why would you worry about Obama taxing the lower classes when that has not been a policy of his, in words or actions ? So what is this then ? You dream up a scare scenario, and then make opposing it your position ? Perhaps you ought to be in pictures (where they talk about imaginary things)

Damn those poll numbers were in the 70's, did they do a new poll are you just too senile to remember your previous lies.

Well, EXCUUUUUUUUSE ME!!!!! Did I venture a % point or two too high ? HA HA HA HA !!! Oh man, this has been my best laugh of the day. Pheeeeww!!

BTW, >>> A March 2 NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll found that 81 percent of people would support a surtax on millionaires to help reduce the budget deficit, - 55% said totally acceptable + 26% said mostly acceptable

http://www.capitalgainsandgames.com/blog/bruce-bartlett/2292/americans-support-higher-taxes-really

http://online.wsj.com/news/interact...f=SB10001424052748704728004576176741120691736

Last edited:

Well, EXCUUUUUUUUSE ME!!!!! Did I venture a % point or two too high ? HA HA HA HA !!! Oh man, this has been my best laugh of the day. Pheeeeww!!

Great deflection there lefty.

What deflection ? I had said 80%, and you bitched that number was too high. Based on the NBC/Wall St Journal poll (81%), I was letting you slide for 1%. You're welcome.
Should I not be so generous next time ? :lol:

PS - there's nothing "left" about high taxes on the rich. It's actually a conservative policy, that helps to provide the funds needed to bolster National Security, as Eisenhower had 91-92% tax on the rich, and no US president was more conservative than him. (as I showed in more than 1 post earlier)

Last edited:

What deflection ? I had said 80%, and you bitched that number was too high. Based on the NBC/Wall St Journal poll (81%), I was letting you slide for 1%. You're welcome.
Should I not be so generous next time ? :lol:

PS - there's nothing "left" about high taxes on the rich. It's actually a conservative policy, that helps to provide the funds needed to bolster National Security, as Eisenhower had 91-92% tax on the rich, and no US president was more conservative than him. (as I showed in more than 1 post earlier)

Review post 449 where you said 76% and take your generosity and shove it. What ever happened in the 1950's has nothing to do with today. BTW you're only a couple of years older than me.

Please be brief. I will briefly state that there probably are 100 things (or more) wrong with America, but I will state just one for now >>

America is too much run by rich people. Members of Congress, the President and Vice-President, and members of the Supreme Court are generally all rich people. What do they know about middle class, lower middle class, and poor people's lives ? How can they make decisions about things they have no experience with, or have long forgotten from years past ? When have these people ever been unemployed, and out looking for a job, with a wide variety of things being used against them ? (credit reports, smear talk from former employers often untrue, etc). The last time I applied for a job I was told I would never get hired because employers require RECENT employment in that job occupation (within last 2 years). There's probably a long list of ways people can be denied a job, that shouldn't exist, and don't make sense.

shit-for-brains poor folks blaming rich folks on their problems seems to be a major problem...

Please be brief. I will briefly state that there probably are 100 things (or more) wrong with America, but I will state just one for now >>

America is too much run by rich people. Members of Congress, the President and Vice-President, and members of the Supreme Court are generally all rich people. What do they know about middle class, lower middle class, and poor people's lives ? How can they make decisions about things they have no experience with, or have long forgotten from years past ? When have these people ever been unemployed, and out looking for a job, with a wide variety of things being used against them ? (credit reports, smear talk from former employers often untrue, etc). The last time I applied for a job I was told I would never get hired because employers require RECENT employment in that job occupation (within last 2 years). There's probably a long list of ways people can be denied a job, that shouldn't exist, and don't make sense.

mebbe you should get off your lazy ass, quitchur bitchin', and get training for something that employers are looking for...

eta: myself, I might hire you as a diamond-in-the-rough raw electrician's trainee at $10-$12/hour... with higher wages and full benefits to follow...

but your attitude leaves a lot to be desired...

Last edited:

mebbe you should get off your lazy ass, quitchur bitchin', and get training for something that employers are looking for...

eta: myself, I might hire you as a diamond-in-the-rough raw electrician's trainee at $10-$12/hour... with higher wages and full benefits to follow...

I doubt he could remember where the white and black wires go.

Why you gotta make those wires white & black?

j1h.gif

Last edited:

j1h.gif

If you ever stripped back the insulation on a piece of romex wire you would know, black, white and copper. Didn't invent it but have run a few miles of it. You'll be happy to know they have included diversity in the colors of the outside insulation depending on the wire size.

What's wrong with America...?

too many folks like you who bitch and moan about what's wrong with America...

j1h.gif

If you ever stripped back the insulation on a piece of romex wire you would know, black, white and copper. Didn't invent it but have run a few miles of it. You'll be happy to know they have included diversity in the colors of the outside insulation depending on the wire size.

wow.

Forum List

Back