What is your EDC knife...

Real Steel H6-S1. Dumped a Kershaw Cryo II for it. Much better blade steel and design. The thumb studs are actually practical. Stoned off the recurve near the choil though, that was just silly and made sharpening on a flat stone difficult. I was fully Swiss Army Spartan until captured by the utitility of one handed opening. Don't think I'd upgrade. I've tried three, apart from the Swiss Army Spartans. A Kershaw, a Ruike and this. This has the least bad things on it and its loss/replacement won't bite too hard.

RSK7776.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t care for folders other than as a quotidian pocket knife.

When we lived in a bad neighborhood, I got the wife a reasonable lady-size fixed and taught her how to use it. For walking the dog and such.

Anyone trying to defend themselves with a knife is a fool. I use my knife for opening boxes and a million other tasks. For defense, a gun is the proper tool.

CRKT (columbia river knife & tool) Mt. Rainier all stainless steel model. I have carried it almost 40 years. ... :cool:

What do you carry...

What do you primarily use it for...

Would you upgrade to something else...
71Ymc%2BZOQaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Damn near perfect knife.

What is that...a Zing?

I have a Barge and just got the wife a Rove to carry.

Kershaw speedsafe.
Ah...I thought Speedsafe was the name of a line of assisted openers...didn't know there was an original Speedsafe.

A knife I can't open with one hand is useless. This is a great little knife. Holds and edge, excellent design. Kershaw is about the best brand I've ever owned. Buck and Gerber are trash in comparison.

What do you carry...

Gerber Applegate Fairbairn assisted-open knife like this one, except it's well-used. I use it for cutting cardboard, opening packages, and slicing my finger sometimes. Wouldn't trade it for anything else.

721849_76c404fc-5214-4db9-acdf-cf9d7be202db.JPG

My favorite knife of all time is the Mikov Predator. It's a leverlock automatic. I recently lost both of mine. They are somewhere in my house but I have no idea where. :D

mikov.jpg

CRKT (columbia river knife & tool) Mt. Rainier all stainless steel model. I have carried it almost 40 years. ... :cool:
Really?

What about 420J2 stainless steel? | BladeForums.com

420J2 was never intended as a blade steel. Its used primarily because its very inexpensive. * Edge retention is on the low end of mediocre, but there are worse steels. none of those worse steels are blade steels though, and 420J2 has the worst edge retention of all steels commonly seen in blades.

What do you carry...

Why do you live in a place where you need a knife?

Can you not make a good enough living to live in a safe place?

What makes you think it's about defense you retard? I use my for opening boxes, cutting my cheese, cutting electrical wires, you name it.

Forum List

Back