What Justice Alito Wrote: These Are The Most Powerful Lines in the SCOTUS Decision Overturning Roe v. Wade

Alito ROCKS. :rock:

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.23.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.24.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.27.34 AM.png

Pretty straight forward. What an excellent legal scholar and originalist, Alito is.

Still, the sweetest line in the decision, the most succinctly satisfying, the most delicious:

Held: The Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; Roe and Casey are overruled; and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the people and their elected representatives.​

• Banned
Still, the sweetest line in the decision, the most succinctly satisfying, the most delicious:

Held: The Constitution does not confer a right to abortion; Roe and Casey are overruled; and the authority to regulate abortion is returned to the people and their elected representatives.​
I couldn't agree more!

The decision was literally to give legislative authority over abortions back to the people .... and now leftists are freaking out because they now have to make decisions for themselves.

I guess they have become so used to being sheep, following and told what to do, they now lack the ability to think for and govern themselves.

• Banned
The decision was literally to give legislative authority over abortions back to the people .... and now leftists are freaking out because they now have to make decisions for themselves.

I guess they have become so used to being sheep, following and told what to do, they now lack the ability to think for and govern themselves.
That's the absolute truth. The Supreme Court pulled the plug on them.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you, toobfreak, for your cogent observations. As a result of my years of research in natural, constitutional, statutory, and case law vis-a-vis immigration, nationality, and citizenship law, I'm generally steeped in the terms, in the categories, and in the of reading case law. You nicely summarize Alito's key justifications for the Court's ratio decidendi regarding Roe's subversion of the 14th Amendment, used to concoct an extraconstitutional right, and Cassey's especially arbitrarily imposed theory of personhood against the constitutional prerogative of the people.

I haven't had time to read the decision yet, and I'll be looking for something else as well. Alito's "dissent, by contrast, would impose on the people", entails language that suggests the exclusive purview of the people's state legislatures per the 9th and 10th Amendments. Is Alito signaling that Congress has no say, i.e., no right to nationally codify abortion?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Leftist tears:

If you have a pool of tears, and I have a straw—look, there it is, that's the straw—and you have a pool of tears. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your pool of tears.​
I drink your pool of tears.​
I drink it up!​
straw.jpg

Last edited:
Meanwhile, the craven and cowardly “incrementalist” judicial “philosophy” of the Chief Justice is shallow and ineffective. Why not grab the lion by the tail and start making judicial decisions on … the Constitution … instead of some woke bullshit?

Why is that so difficult for Robert’s to wrap his mind around?

Meanwhile, the craven and cowardly “incrementalist” judicial “philosophy” of the Chief Justice is shallow and ineffective. Why not grab the lion by the tail and start making judicial decisions on … the Constitution … instead of some woke bullshit?

Why is that so difficult for Robert’s to wrap his mind around?
He's lost his control over the conservatives on the court.

He's lost his control over the conservatives on the court.
So it seems. Good. If the government is doing X and a genuine and honest legal analysis shows that X violates the Constitution, then rule accordingly. Why the fuck would it need to be incrementally curbed? Our CJ is too concerned with the irrelevant.

Just do your job Mr. Chief Justice Roberts.

Forum List

Back