What law(s) would have stopped the Buffalo shooting?

I don't know about this particular case, but, in many of these cases these people were clearly a danger to society and could have been locked up for a long time, just based on the things they had already done. Our justice system just lets these people run around loose and then the left want to make laws to keep guns out of the hands of the people who shouldn't be running around loose in the first place.
Unfortunately involuntary commitments are hard to obtain and keeping them locked up long term even harder. We have many Supreme Court and lower court rulings that have made it extremely difficult.

The Buffalo shooting suspect bought a gun just a few months after a police-mandated psychiatric evaluation that followed a shooting threat.

Despite A Mandated Psych Eval, Buffalo Shooter Bought A Gun
Did the shooter have a hunting permit? According to New York gun laws no one over 16 can buy a rifle without a hunting permit.

Did the shooter have a hunting permit? According to New York gun laws no one over 16 can buy a rifle without a hunting permit.
Not that I can find, that's a requirement for visiting aliens but I don't see that as a general requirement to purchase a rifle for citizens.

No, we want legally eligible gun owners to be able to carry so they can stop these incidents before they become mass shootings.
That is absurd. We need an army surrounding every public building where more than two people congregate so you can play with your stupid gun toys.

That is absurd. We need an army surrounding every public building where more than two people congregate so you can play with your stupid gun toys.
If you had a valid argument to make you wouldn't have to lie so much.

I own property in four counties in two states, we don't even have any security at all much less an army on site at any of our public buildings, stores, banks, etc because it isn't necessary.

Who is going to shoot up a courthouse, school, or church where they know there's a good chance 20% or more of those present are armed and willing to drop them like a rock if they try?

Lying not only doesn't help your case, it shows you have no argument to make.

It does, that's why guns nuts get erections over mass shootings.
If you had a valid argument to make, you wouldn't have to lie.

If gun owners in this country were even remotely that psychotic our population would be reduced by at least half in five years.

Nah. He just has a fixation on other people's erections.
12008-thumbs-up-icon.png

Science says
What science?
No, we want legally eligible gun owners to be able to carry so they can stop these incidents before they become mass shootings.
That is absurd. How do you have a gun owner in position at the right time and right place to always prevent a mass shooting when some nutjob is ready to go off. I don’t want an Oath Keeper or Proud Boy or Pro Life White SupremecIst anywhere near a public event or grocery store where my family and I should be free to go.,

What science?

That is absurd. How do you have a gun owner in position at the right time and right place to always prevent a mass shooting when some nutjob is ready to go off. I don’t want an Oath Keeper or Proud Boy or Pro Life White SupremecIst anywhere near a public event or grocery store where my family and I should be free to go.,
Already posted a link, Tardboi.

I own property in four counties in two states, we don't even have any security at all much less an army on site at any of our public buildings, stores, banks, etc because it isn't necessary.

Do you own property where mostly black Americans live. You want 20% total strangers by chance being in a grocery store to know what to do when they hear or see shots being fired, then every fifth person is running around between seventy year old granny’s and young moms with a kid in a shopping cart. All with guns drawn in civilian clothes firing at that guy with a handgun or that guy with a rifle and he hen come to find out a car backfired.

You create the carnage demanding proliferation of firearms in everybody’s hands and propose a solution that creates more carnage, chais and fear at best.

You are a basket case with some kind of hero wannabe complex and they don’t test fir racist tendencies to sell guns in any state.

Forum List

Back