What legal standing does Barr have to NOT release Mueller's report to Congress?

LOL...

Barr quoted two sentences from a nearly 400 page report.

Uh huh. So you figure Mueller went on and on about what a criminal Trump is, and then included two sentences stating that he was cleared for Barr to "cherrypick" out? Is that what you're telling yourself happened to avoid admitting that you've wasted 2 years and tons of money?

And that's leaving alone the fact that Barr's summary included far more than two sentences, and the fact that there's no way Mueller would remain silent if Barr were lying about his report.

It quoted two sentences from the report of nearly 400 pages.

That is indeed cherrypicking. What is your definition?

I never said he was lying, liar.
Well that's what summaries are......

the definition of summary

un, plural sum·ma·ries.
a comprehensive and usually brief abstract, recapitulation, or compendium of previously stated facts or statements.
adjective
brief and comprehensive; concise.
direct and prompt; unceremoniously fast: to treat someone with summary dispatch.
(of legal proceedings, jurisdiction, etc.) conducted without, or exempt from, the various steps and delays of a formal trial.

Goddamn, dude.

Two sentences out of 400 pages can in no way be considered "comprehensive" as your definition requires.

You just proved why it is not a summary.

Damn, dude. 4 pages is not "2 sentences". Maybe you should have read the actual summary, instead of just the leftist blog headlines.

For the nth time.......Barr's report, " quoted" just two sentences of the actual Mueller report.

The rest is his own musings.

Get it yet?

we're not psycho and expect it right now.......you guys are...
Im not in Congress. But i am flattered you think i am so important!

Part of the thinking of congress is that,the lomger they wait,the more obstacles can form between them and the unredacted report.

we're not psycho and expect it right now.......you guys are...
Im not in Congress. But i am flattered you think i am so important!

Part of the thinking of congress is that,the lomger they wait,the more obstacles can form between them and the unredacted report.
Who cares what their thinking is? The bottom line is that they aren't entitled to have the report. What they get and when they get it is totally up to Barr.

NO, you eternal moron. What you have been saying for two years is that he won the election by cheating.

Try a strong laxative and check WHO has stated that the orange moron "cheated" to get elected.....

With the Kremlin's help, and dimwits like you.....he won "fair and square:".............LOL

LOL...

Barr quoted two sentences from a nearly 400 page report.

Uh huh. So you figure Mueller went on and on about what a criminal Trump is, and then included two sentences stating that he was cleared for Barr to "cherrypick" out? Is that what you're telling yourself happened to avoid admitting that you've wasted 2 years and tons of money?

And that's leaving alone the fact that Barr's summary included far more than two sentences, and the fact that there's no way Mueller would remain silent if Barr were lying about his report.

Uh huh. So you figure Mueller went on and on
LOL.....
Uh.....yeah. For about 399.9999999 more pages or so. Do you imagine those pages are blank?
Well according to Maxine Watters it is 3000-4000 pages.....and we know she is a genius that is never wrong

What does this have to do with anything?
Well you said it was 400 pages, she said 4000......I hope it doesn't require anymore explanation...or I've overestimated your intelligence

WTF?

Is it 400 pages? Yes. So WTF does Watters have to do with me?

Damn. Is it 4:20 at the russian bot hq. Yall have gotten especially dull.

I cannot possibly know Mueller does not have sufficient proof of a crime to indict or recommend indictment?
Correct. You cannot.
I Like how you failed to address this part:
What does "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime," mean to you?

Because they can extend immunity and exceptions for special considerations. So can judges.
These are offered post facto - after an act in violation of the law has been committed. Try again.

Why do you a court can force the AG to break the law?
Why do you think Congress can force the AG to break the law?

Please. This rambling nonsense is killing me. You are bringing nothing to the discussion. Enough spam. Apply some substance. Please.

You may be asking for the impossible, my friend.......and always remember the adage about getting in the mud with porcines.....

He's dragging his feet. He'll release a report so redacted that it will no doubt be subpoenaed. At which time it will be months before congress gets it. Just as planned.
Barr said he'd release the report when he is able to do so.
You have to wait, and no amount of whining will change this.

Sure. Check back with me when the subpoena goes out.

The intel committee has clearances as well.
There's no reason they can't see the full unredacted report.

Aside from the facts that 1) their clearances aren't relevant to this, 2) they have no legal standing to demand to see it unredacted, and 3) the law makes it up to the AG's discretion whether to release it at all.

Oh yeah, and then there's the piddy matter of the law requiring that certain things be redacted, but since when have leftists ever thought that laws and rights mattered more than their own whims?

They can subpoena and demand until their faces turn blue, but I would expect Barr to take legal steps to tell them to go pound sand with their illegal overstepping of their bounds.

Just stop.

Read this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ey-general-can-should-release-mueller-report/

Just stop. Your conspiracy theories are bad enough. I have no need or desire to read the op-ed conspiracy theories you read in order to create them.

It's the author of the special counsel regulation explaining that not only can Barr release the entire report but that he should. It's worth a read and full of insight. I get though why you want to avoid it. It kills the energy of your self righteous pontifications.

What does "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime," mean to you
It could mean many things. It could mean, for instance, that his actions would have been a crime, had anyone else committed them. Some voters may even disagree that hus acts do not constitute a crime. Even some prosecutors and judges may disagree. Again, the report will tell.

What legal standing does Barr have to NOT release Mueller's report to Congress?

None.
Thanks for revealing yourself as the world's biggest moron. He's the AG. He's the only one who has standing. The law specifies that he determines what is done with the report.
If congress subpoenas the report, they will get it.
lldpbmffwap21.jpg

Congress is going to get it without subpoenas, and they always were, no matter HOW much you want to pretend you have to "fight" for it in order to distract everyone from the fact that you were wrong for two years, you spent ridiculous amounts of taxpayer money being wrong, you still refuse to admit you were wrong, and you're still attempting to demand some sort of respect and standing as legitimate, credible, responsible citizens instead of the lunatic, partisan, mouth-frothing ass napkins you actually are.
What makes you think they'll get an un-redacted report?

Faith in our democracy requires that elected officials other than republicans have access to the unredacted report. Full stop.

What does "this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime," mean to you
It could mean many things. It could mean, for instance, that his actions would have been a crime, had anyone else committed them.
If the President cannot commit the crime of obstruction, there was absolutely no reason to investigate him for obstruction.
Grasp for another straw.

If the President cannot commit the crime of obstruction, there was absolutely no reason to investigate him for obstruction.
The president can commit the crime of obstruction. And every case is different. And mueller was not tasked only with investigating crimes.

Forum List

Back