What legal standing does Barr have to NOT release Mueller's report to Congress?

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?
The law doesn't require it, dumbass. It's as simple as that.

There is no law regarding it's release.
There's nothing stopping it from being released in it's entirety.

Except political cuntery, that is.
Likewise, no legal authority to demand it. Except political cuntery, that is.

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?
When it IS released, and is far smaller than its full 300+ pages, Democrats will complain that Barr is covering something up. Actually, the report is likely to be chock full of classified information, that CANNOT be released, so the full report CANNOT be released and never will be.

Democrats, who make a habit of making themselves look stupid, will ignore this reality, and blabber about a coverup. Never before have so few insulted the intelligence of so many.
It's not hard to predict the ways the goal posts will be moved. First, the report, then the entire report, complete with classified information and innocent people's names. Then, finally, Mueller becomes a Trump acolyte, which they will claim to have known the whole time. They'll NEVER be satisfied. They can literally get every single thing they demand, but if it doesn't give them Trump in chains, they'll demand something else.
Kind of like 20+ years of accusations against Hillary. Cry us a river... and enjoy your medicine...

Mr. Barr is required only to provide lawmakers with very basic facts. He would be operating within the guidelines of the regulation if he were to give Congress a bare-bones notification that Mr. Mueller had concluded his work.

Will the Mueller Report Be Made Public? Answers to 6 Key Questions

28 CFR § 600.8 - Notification and reports by the Special Counsel.

Wrong.

See above post.

Your link says "can and should" release.

The law (as I posted the link) says "AG doesn't have to release"
If he doesn't release it, the Congress will simply start up their own investigations into the matter and drag it on for another 2 years.
They'll do that anyway if Mueller's report doesn't give them what they want. The reality is, that's all they have to justify their existence at this point.

When it IS released, and is far smaller than its full 300+ pages, Democrats will complain that Barr is covering something up. Actually, the report is likely to be chock full of classified information, that CANNOT be released, so the full report CANNOT be released and never will be.

Democrats, who make a habit of making themselves look stupid, will ignore this reality, and blabber about a coverup. Never before have so few insulted the intelligence of so many.
It's not hard to predict the ways the goal posts will be moved. First, the report, then the entire report, complete with classified information and innocent people's names. Then, finally, Mueller becomes a Trump acolyte, which they will claim to have known the whole time. They'll NEVER be satisfied. They can literally get every single thing they demand, but if it doesn't give them Trump in chains, they'll demand something else.
Kind of like 20+ years of accusations against Hillary. Cry us a river... and enjoy your medicine...
We quite enjoyed watching her ascend to the throne in Jan, 2017. Oh, that's right, it's April 1st.

The Grand Jury Testimony in question.3[p must be redacted by law.

That testimony concerns someone name, brought up during the Grand Jury inquiry who are NOT indicted. By law, those names must be redacted.

An example might be that if I were testifying before that Grand Jury and I mention that I had seen nat4900 in the company of a Russian woman who was also connected with the Russian military.

If there is no corroborating testimony, or for whatever reason, they have no reason to believe that nat4900 committed a crime, then nat4900's name must be redacted from the report. The reason is simple, nat4900 is innocent of any wrongdoing and should have his name made public,

Fine. Do that. Even replace Nat4900 by calling him/her Citizen A. But, put out the report.

We quite enjoyed watching her ascend to the throne in Jan, 2017.
You quite enjoyed the fruits of your 20+ years of cheerleading nothingburgers. Now, enjoy your few years of whining like a little bitch about the same being done to your cult leader. As we all know you will... the whining like a bitch part, anyway.

Clinton is pretty tough. I will give her credit. She humiliated Bernie Sanders, choked out Podesta and almost pulled off the Russian collusion hoax. I believe she will run again. And, she does have a chance to win.

They'll do that anyway if Mueller's report doesn't give them what they want. The reality is, that's all they have to justify their existence at this point.

Before your tie your shorts in a knot.........DO KNOW that regarding Trump's "misbehavior" there is one grand jury's testimony record before a judge in Virginia.....Another in Washington D.C..........An ongoing investigation on bank fraud and money laundering in the SDof NY......and an investigation by NYS AG on Trump's use of his "foundation" funds and "inauguration" funds.

So, besides Mueller's FULL report and the 5 congressional committees' investigations, Trump's legal problems are Far from over.......

May be time to have your side bring up Benghazi........again......lol

Do you know what is in the report? If not, you can't say either way with any certainty. Just more crying from the extreme nuts.

I know it was not a problem to do so in the past. In all fairness though, this administration is the most corrupt and inept in history so.......

The Grand Jury evidence is not allowed to be released. Also if the Special Counsel does not find anything illegal, he is not allowed to say anything about the report. Under the previous rules, investigations and reports could be sent to Congress without any delay. Under the current rules, the report needs to go to the Attorney General and then he can make decisions. The other issue is the President's privacy as no crime was found to be committed, so part of the investigation into Trump could be considered private and irrelevant.

There are those with the clearance levels that could be allowed to see it, in its entirety and Congress could subpoena the document however many times the courts will ask Congress and the Executive Branch to work it out.

Your last sentence is just an opinion that is not relevant to the discussion.

The Grand Jury evidence is not allowed to be released.

Really?
Hmm.......

Text of Sirica Order and Opinion in Decision That Watergate Data Go to House

Get the court order, that is the legal end around, however, he is not allowed to release Grand Jury information. They are also bound by an innocent persons right to privacy, so there are areas that should be redacted.

Whatever the courts decide I am good with, just follow the law, because if the situation comes up again, and it doesn't favor you, then you will have lost your legal ground. This is my big issue with partisans, they will sacrifice a position because it suits them now, then when it goes against them, they cry.

Look at Congress, they are constantly screwing themselves over by playing these games.

Derp.....
Slow your roll, shirley.

That is how it's been done. Barr is just running interference for Daddy.

Name calling, pretty good to get you there already. So waiting for the courts is not considered “slow your roll”?

All I’m saying is be careful what you wish for, I have been watching the parties screw themselves over for decades.

Clinton is pretty tough. I will give her credit. She humiliated Bernie Sanders, choked out Podesta and almost pulled off the Russian collusion hoax. I believe she will run again. And, she does have a chance to win.

Her health isn't up to the task.

Whatever the courts decide I am good with, just follow the law, because if the situation comes up again, and it doesn't favor you, then you will have lost your legal ground.
But we already covered that. A judge ordered the release of the grand jury info in the Clinton investigation. So this is the "comeuppance", if you will.

Thirty years after the fact did a judge order a release of the grand jury in the Clinton investigation, are you wanting us to wait 30 years?

Also Starr reported directly to Congress, not the A.G.

Before your tie your shorts in a knot.........DO KNOW that regarding Trump's "misbehavior" there is one grand jury's testimony record before a judge in Virginia.....Another in Washington D.C..........An ongoing investigation on bank fraud and money laundering in the SDof NY......and an investigation by NYS AG on Trump's use of his "foundation" funds and "inauguration" funds.

So, besides Mueller's FULL report and the 5 congressional committees' investigations, Trump's legal problems are Far from over.......

May be time to have your side bring up Benghazi........again......lol
Still waiting to hear who Muellers boss was for 2 years...….run away from it bitch

Thirty years after the fact did a judge order a release of the grand jury in the Clinton investigation, are you wanting us to wait 30 years?
Huh? No, it was right at the time.

And it was irrelevant to whom Starr reported. The laws protecting grand jury info haven't changed much since then.

And it was irrelevant to whom Starr reported. The laws protecting grand jury info haven't changed much since then.

There were 11 grand jury investigations during the Whitewater investigation, only the parts that were relative for the indictment and evidence to impeach Clinton were released. No judge released the grand jury records until 2018.

Flip the OP around.

What legal standing does the House have to view the parts of Mueller's report that federal laws and the Constitution say he cannot turn over to them?

The Mueller report will be released, AND Barr, Mueller and Rosenstein will all be called to testify (under oath) before one or two House committees.
And when they say "No Collusion" under oath, you can have another tantrum

Forum List

Back