What legal standing does Barr have to NOT release Mueller's report to Congress?

It's not for you, it's for nat
Then use private messages.

And I didn't miss the context, I ignored it. I just directly answered that question with my own thoughts.

Bucky, the dimwit wants an answer from me???

I told the idiot that Mueller responded to Rosenstein (twice).......Let me try again.....

MRS. MUELLER???

LMAO
I didn't see you popup in my reply list...naughty naughty

Now that we know Rosenstein is the boss and someone who doesnt like Trump, can you tell me, who helped Barr write the summary?

I can't believe this thread, based on self-demonstrated ignorance, is still going.

If no one has answered your question yet, gnat, the answer is 'EXISTING LAW'!

:p

We don't need to explain anything to the dems. They can just sit there and watch what happens. These whiny threads don't do anything except waste time. A morons just filed an amendment to eliminate the Electoral College, duh.

We quite enjoyed watching her ascend to the throne in Jan, 2017.
You quite enjoyed the fruits of your 20+ years of cheerleading nothingburgers. Now, enjoy your few years of whining like a little bitch about the same being done to your cult leader. As we all know you will... the whining like a bitch part, anyway.

You know the other guy lost the argument when he abandons all pretense at debate and becomes a 5 year old on the playground. Enjoy your status, hope it's not permanent. Oh, and Hillary still isn't president.

They'll do that anyway if Mueller's report doesn't give them what they want. The reality is, that's all they have to justify their existence at this point.

Before your tie your shorts in a knot.........DO KNOW that regarding Trump's "misbehavior" there is one grand jury's testimony record before a judge in Virginia.....Another in Washington D.C..........An ongoing investigation on bank fraud and money laundering in the SDof NY......and an investigation by NYS AG on Trump's use of his "foundation" funds and "inauguration" funds.

So, besides Mueller's FULL report and the 5 congressional committees' investigations, Trump's legal problems are Far from over.......

May be time to have your side bring up Benghazi........again......lol

But, but, but, Hillary!

Flip the OP around.

What legal standing does the House have to view the parts of Mueller's report that federal laws and the Constitution say he cannot turn over to them?

Feels is more important than poppyhead lawz.

The Constitution gives "sole Power of Impeachment" to the House, and the House Judiciary Committee has jurisdiction over impeachments. They must receive the full report, which is in part an investigation into potential wrongdoings by the president, in order to be able to do their job.
The law does not allow them to receive the full report.

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?
The law doesn't require it, dumbass. It's as simple as that.

There is no law regarding it's release.
There's nothing stopping it from being released in it's entirety.

Except political cuntery, that is.
Likewise, no legal authority to demand it. Except political cuntery, that is.

More like oversight, chief.

I know it was not a problem to do so in the past. In all fairness though, this administration is the most corrupt and inept in history so.......

The Grand Jury evidence is not allowed to be released. Also if the Special Counsel does not find anything illegal, he is not allowed to say anything about the report. Under the previous rules, investigations and reports could be sent to Congress without any delay. Under the current rules, the report needs to go to the Attorney General and then he can make decisions. The other issue is the President's privacy as no crime was found to be committed, so part of the investigation into Trump could be considered private and irrelevant.

There are those with the clearance levels that could be allowed to see it, in its entirety and Congress could subpoena the document however many times the courts will ask Congress and the Executive Branch to work it out.

Your last sentence is just an opinion that is not relevant to the discussion.

The Grand Jury evidence is not allowed to be released.

Really?
Hmm.......

Text of Sirica Order and Opinion in Decision That Watergate Data Go to House

Get the court order, that is the legal end around, however, he is not allowed to release Grand Jury information. They are also bound by an innocent persons right to privacy, so there are areas that should be redacted.

Whatever the courts decide I am good with, just follow the law, because if the situation comes up again, and it doesn't favor you, then you will have lost your legal ground. This is my big issue with partisans, they will sacrifice a position because it suits them now, then when it goes against them, they cry.

Look at Congress, they are constantly screwing themselves over by playing these games.

Derp.....
Slow your roll, shirley.

That is how it's been done. Barr is just running interference for Daddy.

Name calling, pretty good to get you there already. So waiting for the courts is not considered “slow your roll”?

All I’m saying is be careful what you wish for, I have been watching the parties screw themselves over for decades.

There's no courts involved, shirley.

You apparently don't know what a summary is. It was a 4 page summary.......I've seen those before.......maybe if you dealt with documents and no flipping burgers you'd know it as well.
So, dimwit.....do you think that Mueller had his OWN fucking summary of the 400 page report?
You keep asking this like it means something.

Whatever the courts decide I am good with, just follow the law, because if the situation comes up again, and it doesn't favor you, then you will have lost your legal ground.
But we already covered that. A judge ordered the release of the grand jury info in the Clinton investigation. So this is the "comeuppance", if you will.

Thirty years after the fact did a judge order a release of the grand jury in the Clinton investigation, are you wanting us to wait 30 years?

Also Starr reported directly to Congress, not the A.G.

Thirty years after the fact did a judge order a release of the grand jury in the Clinton investigation, are you wanting us to wait 30 years?

No.

It was televised in 1998.

The whole premise of this thread is a lie. It’s another false narrative being screamed by the Dems, hoping the uninformed believe it.
All Republicans voted to release it. Trump stated to release it, and Barr will release it by Apr10.

The Grand Jury evidence is not allowed to be released. Also if the Special Counsel does not find anything illegal, he is not allowed to say anything about the report. Under the previous rules, investigations and reports could be sent to Congress without any delay. Under the current rules, the report needs to go to the Attorney General and then he can make decisions. The other issue is the President's privacy as no crime was found to be committed, so part of the investigation into Trump could be considered private and irrelevant.

There are those with the clearance levels that could be allowed to see it, in its entirety and Congress could subpoena the document however many times the courts will ask Congress and the Executive Branch to work it out.

Your last sentence is just an opinion that is not relevant to the discussion.

The Grand Jury evidence is not allowed to be released.

Really?
Hmm.......

Text of Sirica Order and Opinion in Decision That Watergate Data Go to House

Get the court order, that is the legal end around, however, he is not allowed to release Grand Jury information. They are also bound by an innocent persons right to privacy, so there are areas that should be redacted.

Whatever the courts decide I am good with, just follow the law, because if the situation comes up again, and it doesn't favor you, then you will have lost your legal ground. This is my big issue with partisans, they will sacrifice a position because it suits them now, then when it goes against them, they cry.

Look at Congress, they are constantly screwing themselves over by playing these games.

Derp.....
Slow your roll, shirley.

That is how it's been done. Barr is just running interference for Daddy.

Name calling, pretty good to get you there already. So waiting for the courts is not considered “slow your roll”?

All I’m saying is be careful what you wish for, I have been watching the parties screw themselves over for decades.

There's no courts involved, shirley.

If you want the Grand Jury testimony released there will be a court involved. Depend on how the Democrats want to play this.

If you want the Grand Jury testimony released there will be a court involved. Depend on how the Democrats want to play this.
And if so, the court will have to judge the right to privacy of those indicted and the need of the state to protects its sources and methods against the political agenda of the Democrats.

Forum List

Back