What legal standing does Barr have to NOT release Mueller's report to Congress?

What I think is more than fair, is the releasing of Mueller's OWN "executive summary" since Mueller is smart enough in that summary to have redacted grand jury and classified info and methods.......

THAT is what can and should be released TODAY

IF there is an executive summary by Mueller, that too would have to be reviewed by the Attorney General before it could be released. What makes you believe that if a summary by Mueller existed, it would be exempt from review?

Here, try this, wait until the report is released lest you make an even greater fool of yourself.

If you want the Grand Jury testimony released there will be a court involved. Depend on how the Democrats want to play this.
And if so, the court will have to judge the right to privacy of those indicted and the need of the state to protects its sources and methods against the political agenda of the Democrats.

You meant to say it will be judged on whether the grand jury testimony is material to the investigations of the appropriate congressional committees.

That is true however with no indictments, it would all be kept from at least the public since the Grand Jury didn't indict anyone. Had Starr found nothing on to indict on, the Grand Jury testimony would not have been made public at all.

Not true at all. A president can't be indicted. Right?

Read this.

Text of Sirica Order and Opinion in Decision That Watergate Data Go to House

My mistake in the terminology. The courts indict, the legislative body impeaches, the Starr Report had enough evidence for impeachment. When the House went for impeachment they still could not bring in parts of the Grand Jury report and that is why in 2018 Bill Clinton was arguing to keep those files from being made public, which he lost.

The Mueller report claims there are no indictments, which also means not enough evidence to impeach or to proceed with a Senate hearing. So unless a court rules in the favor of Congress the Grand Jury information stays sealed.

The rules for the Special Prosecutor have changed significantly since the Clinton and Starr. The powers of a Special Prosecutor were reduced because of abuse.

My little joke..........

Its like Barr did a report on Dickens' Tale of Two Cities.....and just wrote....."Dickens said in the novel that it was the best of time...."

If you had read the book, "A Tale of Two Cities" could you not write a four-page summary? I did so in high school when we wrote "book reports". I wrote numerous times on my favorite novel, "Moby Dick". I don't recall any of those times, except once, where it exceeded four pages.

What is your definition of a SUMMARY?

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?

The short answer is none. Congress has the Constitutional Right to receive the Special Prosecutor's Report without delay and more importantly WITHOUT REDACTIONS!!!

Where in the Constitution does it cite that?

With the appropriate caveat to members of Congress that names and methods of classified investigations NOT be revealed to the general public, what is the legal standing for Barr to not release the report? (of course, with the exception that Barr IS a Trump stooge appointed SPECIFICALLY to protect his cult leader.)

So, I ask again.....since Mueller's report was authorized by republicans and fully funded by all of us tax payers, what is the LEGAL PRECEDENT for the report to not be FULLY disclosed?

The short answer is none. Congress has the Constitutional Right to receive the Special Prosecutor's Report without delay and more importantly WITHOUT REDACTIONS!!!

the moron believes he's exonerated ? so why is he holding it up ? Like his taxes ,,his school grades ?? A born again thief

the moron believes he's exonerated ? so why is he holding it up ? Like his taxes ,,his school grades ?? A born again thief
Barr did not come to the job clean He came as Scumps AG

Clinton is pretty tough. I will give her credit. She humiliated Bernie Sanders, choked out Podesta and almost pulled off the Russian collusion hoax. I believe she will run again. And, she does have a chance to win.

In my opinion, not a chance. If for no other reason, of which there are many, her health will not permit her to run.

Hillary Clinton's failure to work hard during the campaign was not due solely to her overconfidence but also due to her health.

Clinton is pretty tough. I will give her credit. She humiliated Bernie Sanders, choked out Podesta and almost pulled off the Russian collusion hoax. I believe she will run again. And, she does have a chance to win.

In my opinion, not a chance. If for no other reason, of which there are many, her health will not permit her to run.

Hillary Clinton's failure to work hard during the campaign was not due solely to her overconfidence but also due to her health.
RALLIES/SPEECHES HELD (IN 2016):

• CLINTON: 278+
  • TRUMP: 302
FUNDRAISERS ATTENDED:

• CLINTON: 350+
  • TRUMP: 50-60
PRESS CONFERENCES OR MEDIA AVAILABILITIES (IN 2016):

• CLINTON: 25 (each ranging from 2.5 minutes to 25 minutes in length)
  • TRUMP: 22 (last full press conference was July 27)

At least 22 women have publicly accused President Trump of sexual misconduct since the October 2016 release of a 2005 Access Hollywood tape where Trump is heard bragging about grabbing women’s genitals and kissing them without consent. and repubs here love it What scumbags they are

Careful, good folks.......You may be mixing up the law that allows and dictates the role and responsibilities of Special PROSECUTOR with that of a Special COUNSEL

Barr got the job because the unsolicited memo he sent to D.O.J. Barr is stepping over Constitutional Rights of the Congress to hold the Report until he can do more redactions. Not that this clearly lame attempt will prevent full Special Prosecutor's Report from being released.

That ain't Barr said, Cons are jumping on something that was never said.

So, besides Mueller's FULL report and the 5 congressional committees' investigations, Trump's legal problems are Far from over.......

May be time to have your side bring up Benghazi........again......lol

Without question, you are losing more sleep over any legal issues in the Trump household. All the investigations you cite have found NOTHING in over three years. Yes, he's arrogant, rude and crude, that is not illegal nor is it an impeachable offense.

As for Benghazi, it was proven that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and failed former President Barack Hussein Obama failed to send help to Benghazi allowing the first U.S. Ambassador to be killed while on duty in many decades. They then said it was due to a film, which was proven a blatant LIE.

Keep up the good work, I appreciate you continuing to focus on the failure of the Democrats.

Im%20going%20to%20bed-M.jpg

so do you know where in the Constitution that is says Congress has a Constitutional Right to receive the Special Prosecutor's Report without delay and without redaction's?

Barr got the job because the unsolicited memo he sent to D.O.J. Barr is stepping over Constitutional Rights of the Congress to hold the Report until he can do more redactions. Not that this clearly lame attempt will prevent full Special Prosecutor's Report from being released.

Please show us the Constitutional Rights of Congress to see the Special Prosecutions Report. I have asked this earlier, you must have missed it.

That ain't Barr said, Cons are jumping on something that was never said.

It seems you are jumping on a Constitutional Amendment that was never written.

RALLIES/SPEECHES HELD (IN 2016):

• CLINTON: 278+
  • TRUMP: 302
FUNDRAISERS ATTENDED:

• CLINTON: 350+
  • TRUMP: 50-60
PRESS CONFERENCES OR MEDIA AVAILABILITIES (IN 2016):

• CLINTON: 25 (each ranging from 2.5 minutes to 25 minutes in length)
  • TRUMP: 22 (last full press conference was July 27)

Have a link with the numbers?

Forum List

Back