What liberals do in their down time.

For those of us who actually WATCH Shakespeare plays and understand the many, many "updates" and variations that have been produced over the years, this is a storm over absolutely nothing. Shakespeare is still performed because he wrote about timeless conflicts and human situations.
Go see the play and think about its message and then if you still think this is a libtard's fantasy about killing Trump, by all means write about it.

For those of us who actually WATCH Shakespeare plays and understand the many, many "updates" and variations that have been produced over the years, this is a storm over absolutely nothing. Shakespeare is still performed because he wrote about timeless conflicts and human situations.
Go see the play and think about its message and then if you still think this is a libtard's fantasy about killing Trump, by all means write about it.
Justify it any way you choose.

Yeah, pretty sure their financial backers don't see it that way.

So what if the "updated" Caesar had been Obama instead of Trump? Sooner of later one of your nutjobs will try to murder the president and you can act all surprised and upset (with a secret smile).
casty.gif

It's wrong, making the likeness of Trump.
And they are paying dearly for it-

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/11/arts/delta-airline-trump-public-theater-julius-caesar.html

Et Tu, Delta? Shakespeare in the Park Sponsors Withdraw From Trump …
New York Times · 1 hour ago

That's fine. Killing a sitting President on stage is pushing the envelope. I stand by my defense of the play, though--a lot of the arguments in Caesar and the motivations about unseating the man in power are as relevant today as they were when Shakespeare wrote it; as they were when Caesar was assassinated.

That's fine. Killing a sitting President on stage is pushing the envelope. I stand by my defense of the play, though--a lot of the arguments in Caesar and the motivations about unseating the man in power are as relevant today as they were when Shakespeare wrote it; as they were when Caesar was assassinated.

Although, if it were Obama being depicted, it wouldn't be quite as "relevant".

What liberals do in their down time

laugh at candyass RW's , what else?

That sounds pretty whiny and not very relevant, to me.

What edge? In their tight little social and economic circle bashing Trump is accepted and even expected. It gets them smirks of gratitude at their fart sniffing/back patting parties.

Again, if they had did it with an Obama stand in, THAT would be pushing the envelope. This is just progressive mental masturbation.

How convenient.

It's wrong, making the likeness of Trump.
And they are paying dearly for it-

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/11/arts/delta-airline-trump-public-theater-julius-caesar.html

Et Tu, Delta? Shakespeare in the Park Sponsors Withdraw From Trump …
New York Times · 1 hour ago

It would appear that the sponsors recognize that boycotts can work both ways. Delta Airlines and BoA both withdrew their funding for this seditious production.

What liberals do in their down time

laugh at candyass RW's , what else?
I saw Macbeth in the park once (not in NYC). Just as the servant comes rushing in to say the King is dead an ambulance went screaming by. Even the actors did a double take and laughed.

whining the #1 RW hobby/sport ...

CLINTON
OBAMA
FAKE MEDIA

are the top 3 reasons they live for.

I really think they should have given the Lead Role to a Minority.

Maybe someone like Denzel Washington.
Don't you think?

They could have made his character's name something like Bahroke Insane O' Bummer.
How cool would that be?

I am sure the Media and The Left would have thought "Shaekspeare in The Park" was just wonderful....

pastor.jpeg

President Bahroke Insane O' Bummer

Last edited:

I suppose you thought "piss Christ" (a Crucifix suspended in urine) was "art" too. How come none of these rodents do the same thing to a symbol of Islam? Isn't taking a chance on getting murdered still considered "edgy"?

So what if the "updated" Caesar had been Obama instead of Trump? Sooner of later one of your nutjobs will try to murder the president and you can act all surprised and upset (with a secret smile).
casty.gif

Then the right would have become Shakespeare fans overnight. It works both ways.

Personally I think this group has the right to make the play though I think it's a bad idea and if the are boycotted out of existence then so be it. If they survive then that's OK too.

Forum List

Back