What makes people believe in primitive religions?

R

rdean

Years ago, when I was in the service, I had a roommate who was a Sikh from India. One year, he went home to visit and for his sister's wedding. When he came back, he told me he was in town and was walking by a Temple where some old men were sitting outside and smoking Temple Incense. He said it was daytime, but it was one of those days where you could see the moon. He said he pointed up at the moon and told those old guys that Americans had "walked" on the moon. He said they burst out in riotous laughter to the point of choking. So he asked them what was so funny. One of them said, "How can someone walk on a God?" and they burst out laughing all over again.

Now we know for sure the moon is a big ball of rock. Americans have been there more than once. Even Christians and Muslims and Jews know the moon isn't a "God", but it's a big rock. However, those old men still believe in spite of what anyone says. Do atheists see any difference between Christians, Muslims, Jews and those old men who believe God is a big floating rock?

How is that any different from thinking a magic man in the sky shat the universe out of his ass?

Years ago, when I was in the service, I had a roommate who was a Sikh from India. One year, he went home to visit and for his sister's wedding. When he came back, he told me he was in town and was walking by a Temple where some old men were sitting outside and smoking Temple Incense. He said it was daytime, but it was one of those days where you could see the moon. He said he pointed up at the moon and told those old guys that Americans had "walked" on the moon. He said they burst out in riotous laughter to the point of choking. So he asked them what was so funny. One of them said, "How can someone walk on a God?" and they burst out laughing all over again.

Now we know for sure the moon is a big ball of rock. Americans have been there more than once. Even Christians and Muslims and Jews know the moon isn't a "God", but it's a big rock. However, those old men still believe in spite of what anyone says. Do atheists see any difference between Christians, Muslims, Jews and those old men who believe God is a big floating rock?

I'm noit an atheist, but I don't see any difference between them and just about anybody. All of us have some belief we hold regardless of the facts.

When God is known better from the beginning of history, what do you block the known God with if you hate God? You invent your own religion to justify your denial of the true God.

This is exactly how religion was invented by men thousands of years ago. And Boss says because they men always believed, that is proof god is real. So all the lies about god from the first religion to the current religions. None of the religions or their believe in god has any real basis. No proof. All lies. No talking snakes, no people who lived to be 800 years old, no virgin births, no rising from the dead or miracles have ever really occured but because we believed in god(s) as far back as when we were apes, that means god must be real.

Oh, I thought about this the other day. The family is standing around a love one who was just killed by a bear. They are holding hands and crying and saying please bring him/her back, please. Well who the fuck are they talking to? They are talking to sheeba, or ramzie, or the sun god, or apollo, or whoever! Point is those stupid uneducated uncivilized monkey's were really stupid. Just look at a hillbilly in the hills of Kentucky. Now multiply their ignorance x 5. That's who came up with god.

When God is known better from the beginning of history, what do you block the known God with if you hate God? You invent your own religion to justify your denial of the true God.

How come god talked to adam and eve, mosus, noah & jesus but he hides from us now? Why do we have to believe our brainwashed parents and a corrupt church or burn in hell. Sounds like any other cult to me. Only difference between chrstianity and cult are the number of members.

I know you were brainwashed by a book that said believe my nonsense or burn in hell but that's all man made up shit. Here, wake up: Why there is no god

Ummm, which God are you talking about? Yours?

because we believed in god(s) as far back as when we were apes, that means god must be real.

So, apes are responsible for our concept of God. How many apes still believe in the God of their ancient ape fathers? Have the zoos done any recent studies? Maybe the ape's modern disregard for the God their fathers believed in, is the reason they have stopped evolving into college professors..........

Last edited:
Some people also see GAIA as a spiritual being AND a living organism or life form of its own, where even people and the ecosystems are part of the organism's organs
and interconnected internal systems, trying to maintain a balance for life.
The oil and water and other liquids are like bodily fluids.

So if Earth can be a living creature personified as a spiritual being,
so could the stars moons and planets be spiritual entities.

Like people who believe after death our souls become stars in the sky.

How come god talked to adam and eve, mosus, noah & jesus but he hides from us now? Why do we have to believe our brainwashed parents and a corrupt church or burn in hell. Sounds like any other cult to me. Only difference between chrstianity and cult are the number of members.

I know you were brainwashed by a book that said believe my nonsense or burn in hell but that's all man made up shit. Here, wake up: Why there is no god

Because God is Holy and righteous, He cannot look at man without judging sin.

Read Acts 5:4-11. Two people lied to God. Somehow the church came up with a saying that says, "You lie, you die" according to Acts 5:4-11. I have a sociological study that the average American lies 200 times a day. In God's presence, how many people do you think would be alive today?

Acts 5 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

If you want God in your life, are you prepared for the consequences which means changing and being fatally judged or would you like plan B where Jesus dies for your sin, you transfer your sin to Jesus to be judged on Jesus and you live eternally?

Read Acts 5:4-11. Two people lied to God. Somehow the church came up with a saying that says, "You lie, you die" according to Acts 5:4-11. I have a sociological study that the average American lies 200 times a day. In God's presence, how many people do you think would be alive today?

If you want God in your life, are you prepared for the consequences which means changing and being fatally judged or would you like plan B where Jesus dies for your sin, you transfer your sin to Jesus to be judged on Jesus and you live eternally?

Just so I'm understanding. You are quoting versus written by people who didn't know to wash after wiping financed by a gay guy?

A simple "yes" is sufficient.

Another pretty good site is The Skeptics Annotated Bible

because we believed in god(s) as far back as when we were apes, that means god must be real.

So, apes are responsible for our concept of God. How many apes still believe in the God of their ancient ape fathers? Have the zoos done any recent studies? Maybe the ape's modern disregard for the God their fathers believed in, is the reason they have stopped evolving into college professors..........

You know what I mean stupid. The humanoids that invented religion were basically 2 steps out of the cave. Why would we trust anything they believed especially when there is no proof? A rational sane not stupid person wouldn't. But you and boss can keep believing an ancient lie if you want.

How do you think you would do against one of these cave men on a math or science test? Scratch that. You are stupid. Point is, most of us would crush our ignorant uneducated ancient ancestors because they were barely more than monkey's when they made up god. They just learned how to make fire and spears. They were very afraid because every night a lion or bear would take one of the people in their tribes. To make everyone feel better, the leader said it was ok because that person is with the sun god now and where he is you are never hungry, never scared and never sick.

He basically told a fairy tale. And you still believe it. Oh yea, Christianity has a lot more details in their book so it's a little more than that, but basically they aren't telling you anything any other cult says. Stupid fool. :eusa_whistle:

I've noticed that atheists on this forum (and all other forums) are pretty damn rude.

rdean
Go ask the Muslims that question then get to back to us on their answer

Just so I'm understanding. You are quoting versus written by people who didn't know to wash after wiping financed by a gay guy?

A simple "yes" is sufficient.

Rdean,

I think a lot of people will be disappointed in heaven because their works will be tried in the fire by God and their works will burn up.

I think a lot of people will be disappointed because they didn't store up treasure in heaven.

I will be disappointed because I didn't do enough.

I think most people will have a rude awakening when they meet God.

I don't know what you are talking about and I really don't care.

Chuck

Last edited:

Oh Hell Rdean.,.....Wrong is wrong. Write down your theory of everything and let us critique it to death.

Forum List

Back