What makes up grocery costs being up over 25% in less than 4 years... under Democrats

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
March 2024, and the latest data shows food prices have risen a whopping 25.8% since then the election in 2020.

Now folks one costs of groceries that affects ALL phases of grocery prices... diesel fuel.
We all know that our personal gas prices have increased from 2020 an increase of $1.10 a gallon or 48.7%.May 5, 2024

BUT the cost of diesel fuel has gone up as this shows:
dieselfuelcost082124.png

Now groceries are part of "Trucks Carry Trillions of Dollars of Goods. According to the CFS, trucks transported 71.6%".

Now for those of you that think the milk you bought at the store...just magically shows up...
There are multiple steps in getting the milk to you and almost all involve trucks using diesel fuel.
So indirectly the price of milk includes the cost of diesel fuel to deliver all the steps to the ability for you to buy your milk.

galofmilk082124.png

We all know that our personal gas prices have increased from 2020 an increase of $1.10 a gallon or 48.7%.May 5, 2024
Gee, what could have been going on in 2020 to cause the price of gas to be so low? Taking a wild guess here..........was it demand for gas dropping off a cliff because trump shut the economy down in the midst of a global pandemic?

Grocery prices skyrocketed under Biden because his open borders let in 12,000,000 illegals who get free food while Americans need to take money from savings to put food on the table.

March 2024, and the latest data shows food prices have risen a whopping 25.8% since then the election in 2020.

Here is the not-spun data version of the above:

unadjusted-monthly-inflation-rate-in-the-us.jpg

We got hit with post-Covid recession inflation (which was a global phenomenon) and we've fixed it under Biden's administration.

Wage growth has been higher than inflation for 18 months now:

Picture1_b96c18.png

Last edited:

Now folks one costs of groceries that affects ALL phases of grocery prices... diesel fuel.

View attachment 999027
Now groceries are part of "Trucks Carry Trillions of Dollars of Goods. According to the CFS, trucks transported 71.6%".

Now for those of you that think the milk you bought at the store...just magically shows up...
There are multiple steps in getting the milk to you and almost all involve trucks using diesel fuel.
So indirectly the price of milk includes the cost of diesel fuel to deliver all the steps to the ability for you to buy your milk.

View attachment 999030
25% ???

That's a total fucking LIE.

Try 125%

Gee, what could have been going on in 2020 to cause the price of gas to be so low? Taking a wild guess here..........was it demand for gas dropping off a cliff because trump shut the economy down in the midst of a global pandemic?
Progressives told us they had all of the answers. They beat Trump down endlessly since before the 2016 election. Lie after lie after lie. The great unifier on day one attacked the deplorables and dregs. They screwed with oil production and the way it was carried. they had to expand production because the prices were going full tilt up. They stopped drilling or curtailed it mostly. And that is what helps oil to stay down as we have a lot of oil. Pipelines and drilling. Stupid asses keep voting for you.

View attachment 999027

View attachment 999030

It's not just the added cost of energy used to transport the goods but the energy used to produce the goods.

And Democrats refused to open up the lockdown after the two week “slow the spread” fraud was over.

To start democrat governors shut down the states, and you all flip flop on the shutting down stuff one minute it's TRUMP shut down, the next it's all Governments shut down. And if shut downs were bad why do you all defend Fauci who recommended the shut downs?

To start democrat governors shut down the states, and you all flip flop on the shutting down stuff one minute it's TRUMP shut down, the next it's all Governments shut down. And if shut downs were bad why do you all defend Fauci who recommended the shut downs?
Especially the schools!
The statistics are the below.
NOW the point is Trump wasn't it favor but let the states decide and this UNION leader..Randi Weingarten, president of the 1.8 million-member AFT along with Fauci wanted to hurt Trump in as many ways possible...
AT THE EXPENSE of under age 17 kids' education!
Now some of you say.."well the teachers were at risk."
FACTS
Among over 1 million child care workers, 405 died from COVID in 2020, the study found, using data from nearly every state.
Pre-kindergarten through 12th grade teachers, , had somewhat lower mortality rates than the typical worker.
Eight hundred and eight teachers at public and private schools died from COVID in the first year of the pandemic.

And so the country shut the schools at the insistence of the Democrats, Teachers Union and "scientist" Fauci!

coviddeaths6:23byage.png

Last edited:
Progressives told us they had all of the answers. They beat Trump down endlessly since before the 2016 election. Lie after lie after lie. The great unifier on day one attacked the deplorables and dregs. They screwed with oil production and the way it was carried. they had to expand production because the prices were going full tilt up. They stopped drilling or curtailed it mostly. And that is what helps oil to stay down as we have a lot of oil. Pipelines and drilling. Stupid asses keep voting for you.

What 'progressive' ever said that they had "All the Answers"?

:linky:

Since that's an entirely delusional statement, it's not worth considering the rest of your post - no doubt it's just more delusional nonsense.

Especially the schools!
The statistics are the below.
NOW the point is Trump wasn't it favor but let the states decide and this UNION leader..Randi Weingarten, president of the 1.8 million-member AFT along with Fauci wanted to hurt Trump in as many ways possible...
AT THE EXPENSE of under age 17 kids' education!
Now some of you say.."well the teachers were at risk."
FACTS
Among over 1 million child care workers, 405 died from COVID in 2020, the study found, using data from nearly every state.
Pre-kindergarten through 12th grade teachers, , had somewhat lower mortality rates than the typical worker.
Eight hundred and eight teachers at public and private schools died from COVID in the first year of the pandemic.

And so the country shut the schools at the insistence of the Democrats, Teachers Union and "scientist" Fauci!

View attachment 999059

To date, there have been 111 reported Covid cases resulting in 1.2+million deaths:

Without the lockdown those numbers probably would have been more than double.

My son took remote classes, in High School, during the lockdown and in his first year of college. He's now graduating with a double major.

The lockdown did not adversely affect his education at all.

But keep trying - I find your BULLSHIT very entertaining!

What 'progressive' ever said that they had "All the Answers"?

:linky:

Since that's an entirely delusional statement, it's not worth considering the rest of your post - no doubt it's just more delusional nonsense.
I agree with you, I've never heard one progressive say that had "all the Answers"... you are right.

What I have heard were two statements by a progressive leader:

I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

The EFFECT:
Americans due to progressives are paying 44% more for gas of at least 155,520,000 of Americans with driver's license
that commute via their car to work every day. Thanks to progressives!
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/aut...vers and annual,older have a driver's license.

The Effect:

GaspricesBidenVSTrump081224.png

I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, "

The result:
Illegalsundertrumpvsbiden081224.png

Repeated lie Berg, you have the credibility of a crook. Look at the price in 2019 if 2020 doesn't do it for you. No don't, your spine can't take it.

What I have heard were two statements by a progressive leader:

Because tribalist morons like you only hear and see what they want to.

You don't want to hear Biden say this, and so you don't.

"Let me — let’s debunk some myths here. My administration has not stopped or slowed U.S. oil production; quite the opposite. We’re producing 12 million barrels of oil per day. And by the end of this year, we will be producing 1 million barrels a day, more than the day in which I took office. In fact, we’re on track for record oil production in 2023."

You don't want to see these objective facts, and so you don't.

107317243-1697232614314-1vek3-u-s-oil-production-hits-new-high_1.png

To date, there have been 111 reported Covid cases resulting in 1.2+million deaths:

Without the lockdown those numbers probably would have been more than double.

My son took remote classes, in High School, during the lockdown and in his first year of college. He's now graduating with a double major.

The lockdown did not adversely affect his education at all.

But keep trying - I find your BULLSHIT very entertaining!
Personal anecdotal and glad you had no effect.
Now for the rest of the kids?
"worse learning outcomes that are causing intergenerational inequalities, but also induced multiple physical and mental health issues and even crises among students at all levels"
Students of lower socio-economic classes are dealing with the worst consequences as they are not able to afford the means of online schooling, especially in low- and middle-income countries like Bangladesh.

The 2022 PISA results reveal that the COVID-19 pandemic had substantial effects on education systems around the globe. As shown in Figure 1, the OECD as a whole saw test scores decline in math and reading by 15 and 10 percent of a standard deviation between 2018 and 2022 in math and reading, respectively.

Need I go on or are you going to admit you and your son are a one-off? Anecdotal. NOT what has happened to the majority of students!

Because tribalist morons like you only hear what they want to.

You don't want to hear Biden say this:

"Let me — let’s debunk some myths here. My administration has not stopped or slowed U.S. oil production; quite the opposite. We’re producing 12 million barrels of oil per day. And by the end of this year, we will be producing 1 million barrels a day, more than the day in which I took office. In fact, we’re on track for record oil production in 2023."

Bullshit peddlers like you don't want to hear it, and so you don't.
So this was "bullshit"???? He didn't mean it?
I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

The EFFECT:
Americans due to progressives are paying 44% more for gas of at least 155,520,000 of Americans with driver's license
that commute via their car to work every day. Thanks to " I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

Forum List

Back