What my dog does when I leave. GoPro footage

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

When this guy attached his friend’s GoPro video camera to his dog’s collar, he expected to catch his dog up to all manner of mischief and have a good laugh. In reality, the footage was genuinely upsetting and has changed his relationship with his dog forever.

The dog didn’t go in for the predictable, home alone domestic destruction, or start breaking into all the ‘banned’ areas of the house. He just broke his heart.

The footage has been edited down, but appears to show the dog persistently pining for its master.

It all starts off rather well, as he bids farewell.

Some dogs suffer from serious separation anxiety. Small dogs are bred to be pack animals and just do not do well on the alone as it is against their nature. When I was growing up we had two dogs that were complete opposites in that way. One of them could not stand being alone for a minute--wouldn't even stay in a room alone. The other one was more of a loner who just liked to find a quite place to sleep between meals and poops and walks. Needless to say, the needy dog drove the loner dog crazy most days.

Forum List

Back