What one issue do you struggle with the most?

10-4!

When taker's take, backed up by far leftist Big Gov't, the law of diminishing returns kicks in, whereas maker's no longer want to make!!
Save the Ayn Rand for the other college sophomores

Yes. From 73 to the present.
One is too many. It’s better to not do it at all then to kill someone unjustly.
How many in the last ten years? What about those who there is no question whatsoever about what they did and who they did it to? Put them down like the deranged animals they are.

You think that failure to administer the death penalty has a neutral result. It doesn't. Sometimes these killers kill even when behind bars. They have killed other inmates and guards. Resources that could be used for the benefit of other inmates is expended on death row.

How many in the last ten years? What about those who there is no question whatsoever about what they did and who they did it to? Put them down like the deranged animals they are.

You think that failure to administer the death penalty has a neutral result. It doesn't. Sometimes these killers kill even when behind bars. They have killed other inmates and guards. Resources that could be used for the benefit of other inmates is expended on death row.
Read my links.

How is the state any different than those killers when they kill an innocent?

Obviously those cases where there is no doubt are different from where the evidence is more ambiguous.

The only thing I struggle with is in no way can I support the DFL loon bin in MN, forcing me to swallow my bile and plug my nose and vote for the GOP.

Christ, I hate the two parties. But I do not want Walz or Keith Ellison in office.
Of course, they will win here.

Read my links.

Obviously those cases where there is no doubt are different from where the evidence is more ambiguous.
So you agree that those where there is no doubt should be put to death. I would not allow any appeals either. Put them down as dispassionatey as if it was a rabid rat.

My biggest dilemma as I mentioned in another post.

Is it a floor cleaner or a dessert topping?

The only thing I struggle with is in no way can I support the DFL loon bin in MN, forcing me to swallow my bile and plug my nose and vote for the GOP.

Christ, I hate the two parties. But I do not want Walz or Keith Ellison in office.
Of course, they will win here.

You could've always moved.

Otherwise, go down with all the other moonbats in your state!

You could've always moved.

Otherwise, go down with all the other moonbats in your state!
Why would I move?
I live in a very red part of the state with no crime, riots or shootings. Low local taxes, peace and quiet. Don't even have a police department.

The metropolitan region of the Twin Cities is where the cancer is. Their vote, they can live in the repercussions of it.
Fuck if I am leaving my lake country because of them.

Why would I move?
I live in a very red part of the state with no crime, riots or shootings. Low local taxes, peace and quiet. Don't even have a police department.

The metropolitan region of the Twin Cities is where the cancer is. Their vote, they can live in the repercussions of it.
Fuck if I am leaving my lake country because of them.

It sounds like your state don't represent you.
Too bad.
So stop your bitchin'!!

The difference is the state has the authority to execute because they represent the public. It's about as stupid of a comparison as saying how could a judge lock up a kidnapper. They both kept people from leaving on their own.

The difference is the state has the authority to execute because they represent the public. It's about as stupid of a comparison as saying how could a judge lock up a kidnapper. They both kept people from leaving on their own.
And when they execute in error...and it HAS happened...they are committing murder in our name and I am NOT OK with that

That's horse shit.

When you were younger more people were on Welfare than now.

Newsflash ...it pays even less now (since the reform in the 90s)

There were few on welfare back then that could otherwise work. If people had the option to work, they did. Back then there was still a lot of discrimination and lack of education that precluded many to work. That's not the case today.

There were few on welfare back then that could otherwise work. If people had the option to work, they did. Back then there was still a lot of discrimination and lack of education that precluded many to work. That's not the case today.
Are you talking about 1930?

How fucking old are you?

Are you aware that you can only be on welfare for 5 years? And there are work requirements even then?

Apparently not

And when they execute in error...and it HAS happened...they are committing murder in our name and I am NOT OK with that

That doesn't happen today with the advancements in detecting crime. Years ago somebody could be sentenced to death over an eye witness. Today there is just too many things needed to prove murder outside eye witnesses.

Are you talking about 1930?

How fucking old are you?

I was a kid back in the 60's. People were very discriminatory back then. Hell, even my father was told he couldn't become a bricklayer because the union didn't want anybody of Polish descent. it wasn't until he became outraged at a hearing because he was a Korean war vet, and that's the only reason they let him in.

it was altogether a different time that younger people can't relate to. Oh, they can read about it, but it's not an environment that they seen with their own eyes.

Hoping for an interesting, illuminating conversation here.

The one major issue I struggle the most with is the death penalty. My impulse is to be against the death penalty, because (a) I don't see it as a deterrent, and (b) because I kinda like the idea of letting someone rot for killing someone else. HOWEVER, if someone I love were murdered, I may want that killer to be made dead ASAP. I've never been in that position, so I can't tell how I would react.

What's yours?

I am against decades on death row and the "dog and pony show" executions with special execution drugs that don't work and make the criminal suffer unnecessarily. Perfect example is the Christmas Parade mass murderer who ran over grandmas in his SUV. Put him against a wall, and execute him with a robot firing an AR-15. Done.

Hoping for an interesting, illuminating conversation here.

The one major issue I struggle the most with is the death penalty. My impulse is to be against the death penalty, because (a) I don't see it as a deterrent, and (b) because I kinda like the idea of letting someone rot for killing someone else. HOWEVER, if someone I love were murdered, I may want that killer to be made dead ASAP. I've never been in that position, so I can't tell how I would react.

What's yours?

What one issue do you struggle with the most?​

HANDS DOWN…..The beanerization of America

Forum List

Back