What one issue do you struggle with the most?

True, but once convicted of a crime, it can be next to impossible to become exonerated. If an innocent person is convicted, fat chance of getting that overturned on appeal.

It happens all the time. Especially with new DNA technology.

Read my links.

How is the state any different than those killers when they kill an innocent?

Obviously those cases where there is no doubt are different from where the evidence is more ambiguous.

How is the state any different than those killers when they kill an innocent?
They give the condemned their day in court and due process, including appeals. Not a hard concept to grasp.

So, you don't think the OP is trying to deflect from Biden's record?

Not even a tiny little bit. This will blow your biased, group think mind, but not everyone bases their every thought and action based upon who is sitting in the White House.

Most of us do not even think about the resident of the White House all that often.

Not even a tiny little bit. This will blow your biased, group think mind, but not everyone bases their every thought and action based upon who is sitting in the White House.

Most of us do not even think about the resident of the White House all that often.
I stand by my accusation. With Biden and the dems sinking faster than a hog in a bog, this is just a thread to deflect from that reality. Hell, these people are still making anti-Trump threads to deflect from Biden and others are blaming Ronald Reagan for our current inflation. Geeeeeeeeeeez. Give me a break.

I stand by my accusation.

Of course you do, your entire world is based upon who sits in the White House and you think everyone is like you.

With Biden and the dems sinking faster than a hog in a bog, this is just a thread to deflect from that reality.

So, in your mind every single thread on this forum not about Biden is made only to deflect from Biden?

Hell, these people are still making anti-Trump threads to deflect from Biden.

Is that why Trumpers were making anti-Obama threads two years into his term?

I stand by my accusation. With Biden and the dems sinking faster than a hog in a bog, this is just a thread to deflect from that reality. Hell, these people are still making anti-Trump threads to deflect from Biden and others are blaming Ronald Reagan for our current inflation. Geeeeeeeeeeez. Give me a break.
Almost everything the feds do come with consequences that just about everyone can see coming, save for the Feds

Most of it years, if not decades after they've left office

~S~

Ever think you might be off topic...

Of course you do, your entire world is based upon who sits in the White House and you think everyone is like you.

So, in your mind every single thread on this forum not about Biden is made only to deflect from Biden?

Is that why Trumpers were making anti-Obama threads two years into his term?
Maybe I'm wrong. How about that? Maybe this poster is well off enough that inflation isn't a problem for them, like it is with just about every other American. However, I doubt that is the case.

Almost everything the feds do come with consequences that just about everyone can see coming, save for the Feds

Most of it years, if not decades after they've left office

~S~
Is that your way of saying that today's inflation was caused by Ronald Reagan?

Maybe I'm wrong. How about that? Maybe this poster is well off enough that inflation isn't a problem for them, like it is with just about every other American. However, I doubt that is the case.

Lets pretend that he is struggling due to inflation....in your world does that mean his every waking moment has to be focused on the president?

Is this really how you live your life, never thinking about anything but politics and who might be sitting in the White House?

Ever think you might be off topic...
This poster asked what issue I struggle with the most. I, like most all Americans, struggle the most with runaway inflation. I've spent over $600 on groceries over the last week. Their response to their own question doesn't seem to jive with what almost all Americans say is their biggest struggle - runaway inflation and the economy. So, I'm accusing them of trying to deflect from Biden's disaster at a time when inflation and the economy is American's biggest struggle and Democrats are dropping like a rock in the polls, just coincidentally at the same time they're trying to claim those issues aren't their biggest problem. I'm not a big believer in coincidences.

Last edited:
Hoping for an interesting, illuminating conversation here.

The one major issue I struggle the most with is the death penalty. My impulse is to be against the death penalty, because (a) I don't see it as a deterrent, and (b) because I kinda like the idea of letting someone rot for killing someone else. HOWEVER, if someone I love were murdered, I may want that killer to be made dead ASAP. I've never been in that position, so I can't tell how I would react.

What's yours?

SLEEP. Probably got 11-12 hours since Sunday

This poster asked what issue I struggle with the most. I, like most all Americans, struggle the most with runaway inflation. I've spent over $600 on groceries over the last week. Their response to their own question doesn't seem to jive with what almost all Americans are worried about - inflation and the economy.
Read what I actually said. I struggle with the death penalty intellectually because I can see both sides of it and coming down on one side or the other is difficult.

I even put the word HOWEVER in ALL CAPS to demonstrate that I was doing that.

You have completely misunderstood the point of the OP and the question I'm asking.

Many of you have misunderstood the point of the OP, so you're not alone.

This poster asked what issue I struggle with the most. I, like most all Americans, struggle the most with runaway inflation. I've spent over $600 on groceries over the last week. Their response to their own question doesn't seem to jive with what almost all Americans say is their biggest struggle - runaway inflation and the economy. So, I'm accusing them of trying to deflect from Biden's disaster at a time when inflation and the economy is American's biggest struggle and Democrats are dropping like a rock in the polls, just coincidentally at the same time they're trying to claim those issues aren't their biggest problem. I'm not a big believer in coincidences.

But see, you're not to question inflation when a dem is in office.

Read what I actually said. I struggle with the death penalty intellectually because I can see both sides of it and coming down on one side or the other is difficult.

I even put the word HOWEVER in ALL CAPS to demonstrate that I was doing that.

You have completely misunderstood the point of the OP and the question I'm asking.

Many of you have misunderstood the point of the OP, so you're not alone.
OK. I'll take your word on that but I still find it rather interesting that at a time when inflation and the economy are most American's biggest issues, you're biggest struggle is with the death penalty? I'm actually a right leaning conservative in case you haven't guessed BUT I don't actually struggle with this issue at all because I go against the conservative grain on this issue. If you are against the murder of fetuses then you should also be against the murder of those incarcerated. Just like the left find a way to justify murdering fetuses, the right justify capital punishment. I also believe that rotting in jail for the rest of your life is more punishment than capital murder. I mean, once your dead, you probably aren't being punished anymore.

You are a very shallow person who seems to only be able to think surface thoughts and lacks any sort of deeper, meaning of life thoughts.

OK. I'll take your word on that but I still find it rather interesting that at a time when inflation and the economy are most American's biggest issues, you're biggest struggle is with the death penalty? I'm actually a right leaning conservative in case you haven't guessed BUT I don't actually struggle with this issue at all because I go against the conservative grain on this issue. If you are against the murder of fetuses then you should also be against the murder of those incarcerated. Just like the left find a way to justify murdering fetuses, the right justify capital punishment. I also believe that rotting in jail for the rest of your life is more punishment than capital murder.
You just can't stay focused. In Normal World, not everything is a binary, hyper-partisan fight. True story.

Forum List

Back