What pit bulls can teach us about gun control.

Dog breeds are the products of human manufacture. When you have manufactured a dangerous product, the burden is on you to prove that its benefit outweighs its risk.

Oh piss off.I m going to send your post round the canine world. Not kidding. You just put up the most idiotic post. But one we have to fear.

Dog breeds are the products of human manufacture. When you have manufactured a dangerous product, the burden is on you to prove that its benefit outweighs its risk.

Oh piss off.I m going to send your post round the canine world. Not kidding. You just put up the most idiotic post. But one we have to fear.

Selective breeding is done for a specific outcome. That's manufacture.

You realize dogs (not just pit bulls) have to be licensed and registered in most places .

:link:

You've never heard of dog licensing and yet you're proclaiming yourself a pit bull expert?

lol, classic wingnuttery.

1 - I never claimed to be a pit bull expert.
2 - I never said I've never heard of dog licensing.

I demand a link for the outrageous claim that "dogs have to be licensed and registered in most places."

I'll give you 50 links:

Google Alabama dog licenses

then replace alabama with each of the other 49 states for your next 49 googles.

Let us know which states do not require dogs to be licensed.

This is part 2 of a two part series.
Part one: Liberals, how do you feel about anti-pitbull legislation? | Page 7 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Pit bulls are the guns of the dog world. There is not a single thing inherently wrong or evil about a pit bull, nor a gun. The people who fear them are the people who don't know anything about them. The fear people have is based on ignorance, judgmentalism, and superficiality. Pit bulls are the equivalent of an "assault" dog. But that's based on nothing more than a physical appearance that scares people. I was not at all surprised to notice that some of the biggest gun control advocates were largely the ones who also support restrictions of some degree on pit bull ownership. The thinking is largely the same. Blame the gun, not the person. Blame the dog, not the owner. Then demonize the good people who are owners, based on the bad people who are owners.

Mind you, there was some role reversal. But only a little.

It is said that one of the truest ways to read a person's character is to look at the way s/he treats animals. So my plea to the liberals is this: Before you support more anti-gun legislation, think of the puppies. Don't be that guy who supports killing puppies. Don't support it directly. Don't support it indirectly. They're just puppies. They just want to love you and be loved in return. They are beautiful little souls. Do you really want to be so cruel?
Both threads fail as a false comparison fallacy.

You realize dogs (not just pit bulls) have to be licensed and registered in most places .

You've never heard of dog licensing and yet you're proclaiming yourself a pit bull expert?

I demand a link for the outrageous claim that "dogs have to be licensed and registered in most places."

I'll give you 50 links:

Dog licensing isn't done at the state level. It's done at the local level. There is no state law in Texas about licensing your pet. However, if you are a dog breeder you must be licensed.

Its certainly true that guns don't kill people ... People kill people.

That's why we shouldn't legislate guns but SHOULD legislate who owns guns.

We already have that laws that regulate who can own firearms. What, specific class of people would you propose we add to those existing laws?

I'll give you 50 links:

Dog licensing isn't done at the state level. It's done at the local level. There is no state law in Texas about licensing your pet. However, if you are a dog breeder you must be licensed.

Ditto Ohio, New Mexico, Arizona, to name a few. Licensing is usually a local/county function...and it is usually intended as a revenue generating scheme to help fund animal shelters and control.

I'll give you 50 links:

Ditto Ohio, New Mexico, Arizona, to name a few. Licensing is usually a local/county function...and it is usually intended as a revenue generating scheme to help fund animal shelters and control.

I've owned dozens of dogs over the years and currently have two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and I have never had any type of license. I do make sure they are given proper vaccinations as well as rabies shots, but it's not because I am forced to.

It is mainly negroes who own put bulls. Fuck knows they lack money to pay any judgments. Thus, they ought to have to carry liability insurance in order to own one of those inbred fuckers.

I'll give you 50 links:

I've owned dozens of dogs over the years and currently have two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and I have never had any type of license. I do make sure they are given proper vaccinations as well as rabies shots, but it's not because I am forced to.

I have never licensed any of my dogs...which caused some heartburn when I was in elected office and expected to lead by example. I WAS leading by example...if you want money to fund this or that, just ask me, don't attempt to strong arm it from me via taxes, fees and licenses. ;)

It is mainly negroes who own put bulls. Fuck knows they lack money to pay any judgments. Thus, they ought to have to carry liability insurance in order to own one of those inbred fuckers.

you should probably have liability insurance to open your pie hole in public, pal.

you should probably have liability insurance to open your pie hole in public, pal.
You cannot stand it if someone has an opinion different than yours, can you?

You cannot stand it if someone has an opinion different than yours, can you?

I never said you couldn't have your opinion...I merely recommended that you follow your own advice, for your own protection of course. :lol:

I'll give you 50 links:

:lol:

Instead of supporting the claim, you try to send me off on a snipe hunt. No thanks. Your fail is noted.

This is part 2 of a two part series.
Part one: Liberals, how do you feel about anti-pitbull legislation? | Page 7 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Pit bulls are the guns of the dog world. There is not a single thing inherently wrong or evil about a pit bull, nor a gun. The people who fear them are the people who don't know anything about them. The fear people have is based on ignorance, judgmentalism, and superficiality. Pit bulls are the equivalent of an "assault" dog. But that's based on nothing more than a physical appearance that scares people. I was not at all surprised to notice that some of the biggest gun control advocates were largely the ones who also support restrictions of some degree on pit bull ownership. The thinking is largely the same. Blame the gun, not the person. Blame the dog, not the owner. Then demonize the good people who are owners, based on the bad people who are owners.

Mind you, there was some role reversal. But only a little.

It is said that one of the truest ways to read a person's character is to look at the way s/he treats animals. So my plea to the liberals is this: Before you support more anti-gun legislation, think of the puppies. Don't be that guy who supports killing puppies. Don't support it directly. Don't support it indirectly. They're just puppies. They just want to love you and be loved in return. They are beautiful little souls. Do you really want to be so cruel?
Both threads fail as a false comparison fallacy.

No they don't, and your comprehension of logical concepts is disturbingly lacking. Any time you don't like a comparison, you write it off as a false comparison. You need to learn the difference between a logical false comparison, and a comparison that you just don't want people making.

Its certainly true that guns don't kill people ... People kill people.

That's why we shouldn't legislate guns but SHOULD legislate who owns guns.

Although I've known people who I wish could not own a dog, guns are not puppies :rolleyes:

but you made me remember -

I've written before about working with a dog trainer in Tucson who trained SAR, drug dogs, police dogs, cadaver dogs. One of the things the cops used to say is that you can call back a dog but you can't call back a bullet.
We already do that here and criminals still manage to get them. Illegally.

Meth is illegal too yet it's still the most used drug in the country.

It's hard to stop crazy.

Forum List

Back