🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What practical sense does it make

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
Last edited:
But it appears that we have set a national goal / priority to end the Assad regime...can we back out of that now....and if we do what signal does that send to Iran and Israel?

But it appears that we have set a national goal / priority to end the Assad regime...can we back out of that now....and if we do what signal does that send to Iran and Israel?

That's another example of my point. It's like we can't help ourselves.

You're right, I don't know. Iran was greatly assisted by the fall of Saddam and its power and influence are growing by the minute. Israel flat out doesn't trust us. Everyone in the Middle East who hates us can (once again) point at the situation and blame us, making the whole thing even worse.

I don't know what to do now.

That's another example of my point. It's like we can't help ourselves.

You're right, I don't know. Iran was greatly assisted by the fall of Saddam and its power and influence are growing by the minute. Israel flat out doesn't trust us. Everyone in the Middle East who hates us can (once again) point at the situation and blame us, making the whole thing even worse.

I don't know what to do now.

Nor does our government. We need to define the ENTIRE problem...have the geniuses debate it in front of us...vote in congress and get on with it...whatever that "it" is.

This is what happens when you dont have coherent goals and principles.and some idea how to get there. You end up with half measures and taking opinion polls to determine policy.
The right way would be to say we support democracy, or as close as we can get, in the region. We support regimes that support us. We will actively oppose regimes that are opposed to our goals. We will destabilize them, undermine them, seek out like minds among the opposition and build them up to take power.
Does that look like meddling? Maybe. But the alternative is worse, as we've seen.

This is what happens when you dont have coherent goals and principles.and some idea how to get there. You end up with half measures and taking opinion polls to determine policy.
The right way would be to say we support democracy, or as close as we can get, in the region. We support regimes that support us. We will actively oppose regimes that are opposed to our goals. We will destabilize them, undermine them, seek out like minds among the opposition and build them up to take power.
Does that look like meddling? Maybe. But the alternative is worse, as we've seen.
I agree...and that damns everyone who works on DC. Ideas, analysis of the problem, cannot be left to one man. What the fuck are these people doing if this is not their number one priority?

To support a rag tag "moderate" rebel force in Syria, with the goal of overthrowing Assad...(and doing to him what "they" did to Gadaffi in Libya),over an extended period of time, at the cost of thousands more civilian lives....when we could take him out tomorrow with a drone strike...as we did with that Somali asshole?

Obama backs more aid to Syrian rebels laying possible groundwork for airstrikes Fox News
we should be selling weapons to whoever wants to buy them.

people in the ME love killing each other, that will never change.

Still no libs showing up to discuss strategery...very concerned they not be on the wrong side of Valiant Leader.

Not even Foo can answer .....

I think it is fairly clear that Barry will get up there tonight and talk shit (what else is new) and tells that "patience must be observed". Good God. We've been "patient" while ISIS has grown into a juggernaut. Hell, common sense would have told the Clown-In-Chief to kick their ass BEFORE they have grown into a monster - but alas, he was busy drawing red lines for Syria and Russia.....

Forum List

Back