What pronouns should teachers in government schools use?

Should government schools require teachers to call students the pronoun of their choice?

• Yes, and any teacher who doesn't should be fired

• No but if the student asks the teacher politely, the teacher is an ass if they don't

• No, and the teacher should be fired for lying by calling the student anything but their birth gender

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conservatives should homeschool their children.

Not a bad idea.

No sense having them in institutions where people are confused about what they are.

Yes, my full answer would be that there should be no such thing as government schools. And private schools should make these decisions themselves.

Still, you can't discuss every issue on every subject.

My point is trying to separate the political from the personal. My views politically are very different from my views of just being polite to someone who is polite to me. To me otherwise is just reinforcing the political intolerance in this country that is destroying us

They have these things called private schools, parents can enroll their kids into them anytime they feel like their personal political agenda isn't being taken seriously because some kid on the playground born a boy wants to be called she/her.

Right, private schools are an entirely different animal. It's up to them.

What is your point?

That's my point. Public schools are more or less going to act and treat it's students as the public wishes. This means transgendered children will more often than not be treated with respect and the pronouns used will respect that.

Don't like it and you live in an area that isn't freaked out about trans people then maybe private or homeschooling will be best for your child. Not you specifically but anyone.

You realize I said in the OP I vote for that the kid asks politely and the teacher honors their wish? Obviously you didn't notice that

Yeah, I'm not debating you, just giving my opinion.

OK, fair enough. We are on a very argumentative board, it would help if you made that a little clearer. Note that I am doing option 2 and making a request only

Not a bad idea.

No sense having them in institutions where people are confused about what they are.

Yes, my full answer would be that there should be no such thing as government schools. And private schools should make these decisions themselves.

My point is trying to separate the political from the personal. My views politically are very different from my views of just being polite to someone who is polite to me. To me otherwise is just reinforcing the political intolerance in this country that is destroying us
Call me the "Grand Fallopian".

You fail the polite request criterion. So the teacher can call you whatever they want
Go fuck yourself.

Because ...

You realize all you're saying makes you sound like you have Turrets syndrome.

What is the source of your hatred? Or are you just a lib? That would explain it
It's "Tourette's Syndrome", you stupid cocksucker.

Yes, how to spell Turrets syndrome is obviously the key point in this whole discussion, Yoda
You're stupid.

I would not fire teachers or compel speech, but I say the teacher is an ass if they aren't polite to their student and call them at a personal level what they want to be called. That isn't a political position, it's being a decent person.

It's not possible to list EVERY possibility in these polls. If none are perfect, please pick the closest answer to your view and explain in your post.

It's a political position to redefine "polite" as "playing into whatever delusion someone wants to impose on others".

It is not impolite to be biologically and grammatically correct; it is impolite to demand that others be incorrect to suit you.

You'll show that kid, huh! Now that's polite!

Aren't you there to teach, not to make political points to each other?

What is wrong with calling he a she? Maybe the kids will say wow, these people aren't asses like my parents, I want to be more like them. You're not going to give them that message by being rude to them

First of all, school - like any other occasion in which humans interact with each other - is about more than just academics. It would be even if left-wingers didn't keep trying to make it about their agenda. It is also about learning social behavior and boundaries. I recall school as containing a lot of hard and not-very-pleasant lessons in that regard. So yeah, the kid can and should learn that his personal wishes don't create a corresponding obligation in others, right up there with the lessons about personal responsibility and meeting expectations.

Second of all, what is wrong with "calling he a she" is that he is NOT a she. It's not my job in life - and certainly would not be my job if I were a teacher - to be nicer than anyone's parents, nor am I stupid enough to think that caving in to ridiculous demands under the mistaken impression that it's "nice" to do so is magically going to convince people to agree with my views, particularly when I'm hiding those very views by being "nice" and behaving in opposition to them.

Third, I continue to be offended by your attempts to force arbitrary parameters of "Doing what I think should be done is what is nice, and doing what I don't think should be done is rude" onto the conversation. You are not advocating "nice" or "polite"; you're advocating being a craven milksop who goes along with whatever you're told to do in hopes of being liked. It is no more rude to tell little Johnny, "You are a boy, and I will refer to you as such" than it is to tell him, "Your homework was due today, and I will not accept it late." Life's tough, wear a helmet.

As a teacher, why is it your job to fight with the kid about whether they should be called he or she rather than giving them an education?

Excuse me, but who said "fight with the kid" other than you? Once again, you attempt to arbitrarily force YOUR perceoption of things onto me as reality, and once again I reject it, just as I reject some confused kid trying to force HIS perceptions onto me.

And your straw man of "giving in to his demand that I pretend reality is something it isn't means giving him an education" tells me you didn't read a single word of my post in your rush to "respond" to it by squawking out your repetitious monologue.

I don't waste my time on :lalala:.

Not a bad idea.

Your point is trying to impose on the rest of us your personal view of "political", "personal", and "polite". Apparently, you think you get to rewrite the entire "P" section of the dictionary to suit yourself.

You want to try to stop the political intolerance destroying us by unconditional surrender, go for it. But you're on your own, and you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for anyone else to enthusiastically cheer your plan. I'm not interested in peace through accepting subjugation.

I see you missed the part where I said my answer is that government stay out of it, it's up to the teacher, huh?

Pretty funny, coming from someone whose last "response" revealed that he's not reading anything said to him.

If some little fairy boy thinks he's a girl, then just call him FAGGOT.

What the hell is all the confusion about... that's what he is... a flaming HOMO with GENDER DYSFUNCTION.

Make him a deal... you'll call him NANCY so long as he SEEKS PSYCHIATRIC HELP.

Obviously a teacher trying to show a kid that there are better people in the world than their intolerant leftist parents and trying to educate a kid would do that. Thanks
1623273455607.png

Not a bad idea.

Call me the "Grand Fallopian".

You fail the polite request criterion. So the teacher can call you whatever they want
Go fuck yourself.

Because ...

You realize all you're saying makes you sound like you have Turrets syndrome.

What is the source of your hatred? Or are you just a lib? That would explain it
It's "Tourette's Syndrome", you stupid cocksucker.

Yes, how to spell Turrets syndrome is obviously the key point in this whole discussion, Yoda
You're stupid.

And you're an ass.

Now that we have that out of the way ...

I would not fire teachers or compel speech, but I say the teacher is an ass if they aren't polite to their student and call them at a personal level what they want to be called. That isn't a political position, it's being a decent person.

It's not possible to list EVERY possibility in these polls. If none are perfect, please pick the closest answer to your view and explain in your post.

It's a political position to redefine "polite" as "playing into whatever delusion someone wants to impose on others".

It is not impolite to be biologically and grammatically correct; it is impolite to demand that others be incorrect to suit you.

You'll show that kid, huh! Now that's polite!

Aren't you there to teach, not to make political points to each other?

What is wrong with calling he a she? Maybe the kids will say wow, these people aren't asses like my parents, I want to be more like them. You're not going to give them that message by being rude to them

First of all, school - like any other occasion in which humans interact with each other - is about more than just academics. It would be even if left-wingers didn't keep trying to make it about their agenda. It is also about learning social behavior and boundaries. I recall school as containing a lot of hard and not-very-pleasant lessons in that regard. So yeah, the kid can and should learn that his personal wishes don't create a corresponding obligation in others, right up there with the lessons about personal responsibility and meeting expectations.

Second of all, what is wrong with "calling he a she" is that he is NOT a she. It's not my job in life - and certainly would not be my job if I were a teacher - to be nicer than anyone's parents, nor am I stupid enough to think that caving in to ridiculous demands under the mistaken impression that it's "nice" to do so is magically going to convince people to agree with my views, particularly when I'm hiding those very views by being "nice" and behaving in opposition to them.

Third, I continue to be offended by your attempts to force arbitrary parameters of "Doing what I think should be done is what is nice, and doing what I don't think should be done is rude" onto the conversation. You are not advocating "nice" or "polite"; you're advocating being a craven milksop who goes along with whatever you're told to do in hopes of being liked. It is no more rude to tell little Johnny, "You are a boy, and I will refer to you as such" than it is to tell him, "Your homework was due today, and I will not accept it late." Life's tough, wear a helmet.

As a teacher, why is it your job to fight with the kid about whether they should be called he or she rather than giving them an education?

Excuse me, but who said "fight with the kid" other than you? Once again, you attempt to arbitrarily force YOUR perceoption of things onto me as reality, and once again I reject it, just as I reject some confused kid trying to force HIS perceptions onto me.

And your straw man of "giving in to his demand that I pretend reality is something it isn't means giving him an education" tells me you didn't read a single word of my post in your rush to "respond" to it by squawking out your repetitious monologue.

I don't waste my time on :lalala:.

Celilie: "Second of all, what is wrong with "calling he a she" is that he is NOT a she. It's not my job in life - and certainly would not be my job if I were a teacher"

Not a bad idea.

Your point is trying to impose on the rest of us your personal view of "political", "personal", and "polite". Apparently, you think you get to rewrite the entire "P" section of the dictionary to suit yourself.

You want to try to stop the political intolerance destroying us by unconditional surrender, go for it. But you're on your own, and you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for anyone else to enthusiastically cheer your plan. I'm not interested in peace through accepting subjugation.

I see you missed the part where I said my answer is that government stay out of it, it's up to the teacher, huh?

Pretty funny, coming from someone whose last "response" revealed that he's not reading anything said to him.

False premise

Not a bad idea.

They have these things called private schools, parents can enroll their kids into them anytime they feel like their personal political agenda isn't being taken seriously because some kid on the playground born a boy wants to be called she/her.

What is your point?

That's my point. Public schools are more or less going to act and treat it's students as the public wishes. This means transgendered children will more often than not be treated with respect and the pronouns used will respect that.

Don't like it and you live in an area that isn't freaked out about trans people then maybe private or homeschooling will be best for your child. Not you specifically but anyone.

You realize I said in the OP I vote for that the kid asks politely and the teacher honors their wish? Obviously you didn't notice that

OK, fair enough. We are on a very argumentative board, it would help if you made that a little clearer. Note that I am doing option 2 and making a request only

I didn't call you an asshole and make fun of your grammar, did I? :auiqs.jpg:

My opinion doesn't really fit into the poll. I think the use of adopting neutral or transgendered pronouns should be more structured. I don't think the best idea is for the kid to ask the teacher to call them this or that. It should be up to the parents, possibly meeting with the teacher and principal, Dean whatever to ensure everyone is on the same page. To protect the student as well as the teacher.

Now, if a teacher is purposefully harassing a kid by using the incorrect pronouns, making fun of them or otherwise treating them in anyway that is not respectful as any other kid then they should face consequences up to termination. Nobody is guaranteed a job when acting like an asshole.

Not a bad idea.

False premise

Break the fucking chain.

You are NOT quoting me.

Not a bad idea.

What is your point?

Then, you got lost.
Not spam, just 'hey droogie, don't crash here!".

If some little fairy boy thinks he's a girl, then just call him FAGGOT.

What the hell is all the confusion about... that's what he is... a flaming HOMO with GENDER DYSFUNCTION.

Make him a deal... you'll call him NANCY so long as he SEEKS PSYCHIATRIC HELP.

Obviously a teacher trying to show a kid that there are better people in the world than their intolerant leftist parents and trying to educate a kid would do that. Thanks
View attachment 499234

OK, I got it. It's stupid to be polite to people if they are polite to you even if you don't agree with what they are saying. Make every discussion a political discussion.

I think you're really helping their intolerant leftist parents, but that's your choice

Not a bad idea.

What is your point?

My opinion doesn't really fit into the poll. I think the use of adopting neutral or transgendered pronouns should be more structured. I don't think the best idea is for the kid to ask the teacher to call them this or that. It should be up to the parents, possibly meeting with the teacher and principal, Dean whatever to ensure everyone is on the same page. To protect the student as well as the teacher.

Now, if a teacher is purposefully harassing a kid by using the incorrect pronouns, making fun of them or otherwise treating them in anyway that is not respectful as any other kid then they should face consequences up to termination. Nobody is guaranteed a job when acting like an asshole.

Do you realize that most girls like being girls and most boys like being boys? Why sanitize life for them and make them automatons by denying recognition of their gender?

I have two girls, they love being girls, they don't want to be called gender neutral pronouns

Not a bad idea.

What is your point?

Do you realize that most girls like being girls and most boys like being boys? Why sanitize life for them and make them automatons by denying recognition of their gender?

I have two girls, they love being girls, they don't want to be called gender neutral pronouns
Yes, the vast majority, what's your point?

Do I need to delete every post I get an alert on, that does not reference something I said?

Then, you got lost.
Not spam, just 'hey droogie, don't crash here!".

Yes, posting 20 times that you don't want to discuss this is spam.

Posting once in a clearly labeled thread you don't want to discuss it is spam. IT'S CLEARLY LABELED.

Hello, not interested in it? Don't click on it, moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back