What pronouns should teachers in government schools use?

Should government schools require teachers to call students the pronoun of their choice?

• Yes, and any teacher who doesn't should be fired

• No but if the student asks the teacher politely, the teacher is an ass if they don't

• No, and the teacher should be fired for lying by calling the student anything but their birth gender

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conservatives should homeschool their children.

Not a bad idea.

No sense having them in institutions where people are confused about what they are.

Yes, my full answer would be that there should be no such thing as government schools. And private schools should make these decisions themselves.

Still, you can't discuss every issue on every subject.

My point is trying to separate the political from the personal. My views politically are very different from my views of just being polite to someone who is polite to me. To me otherwise is just reinforcing the political intolerance in this country that is destroying us

I have no tolerance for you on any level in this thread.
Enjoy your drug addled circular logic.

You've done nothing but spam the thread then. If you aren't going to discuss it, don't post in the thread, stupid ass

Not a bad idea.

No sense having them in institutions where people are confused about what they are.

Yes, my full answer would be that there should be no such thing as government schools. And private schools should make these decisions themselves.

My point is trying to separate the political from the personal. My views politically are very different from my views of just being polite to someone who is polite to me. To me otherwise is just reinforcing the political intolerance in this country that is destroying us
Call me the "Grand Fallopian".

You fail the polite request criterion. So the teacher can call you whatever they want

Teachers should address others by their names. If the need for a pronoun occurs, teachers should adhere to the rules of the english language.

I am with you on when leftists compel speech. Calling them by their name and avoiding pronouns is a reasonable option.

"teachers should adhere to the rules of the english language."

No sure what you mean by this
I mean for one thing, don't refer to one person as "they".

Singular 'they' has been used for centuries, it's not new. Not that it matters anyway.
It does matter. Teachers are getting fired for failure to use "they" because it is a PREFERRED pronoun. That's different than the centuries of using 'they'.

I would not fire teachers or compel speech, but I say the teacher is an ass if they aren't polite to their student and call them at a personal level what they want to be called. That isn't a political position, it's being a decent person.

It's not possible to list EVERY possibility in these polls. If none are perfect, please pick the closest answer to your view and explain in your post.

It's a political position to redefine "polite" as "playing into whatever delusion someone wants to impose on others".

It is not impolite to be biologically and grammatically correct; it is impolite to demand that others be incorrect to suit you.

You'll show that kid, huh! Now that's polite!

Aren't you there to teach, not to make political points to each other?

What is wrong with calling he a she? Maybe the kids will say wow, these people aren't asses like my parents, I want to be more like them. You're not going to give them that message by being rude to them

First of all, school - like any other occasion in which humans interact with each other - is about more than just academics. It would be even if left-wingers didn't keep trying to make it about their agenda. It is also about learning social behavior and boundaries. I recall school as containing a lot of hard and not-very-pleasant lessons in that regard. So yeah, the kid can and should learn that his personal wishes don't create a corresponding obligation in others, right up there with the lessons about personal responsibility and meeting expectations.

Second of all, what is wrong with "calling he a she" is that he is NOT a she. It's not my job in life - and certainly would not be my job if I were a teacher - to be nicer than anyone's parents, nor am I stupid enough to think that caving in to ridiculous demands under the mistaken impression that it's "nice" to do so is magically going to convince people to agree with my views, particularly when I'm hiding those very views by being "nice" and behaving in opposition to them.

Third, I continue to be offended by your attempts to force arbitrary parameters of "Doing what I think should be done is what is nice, and doing what I don't think should be done is rude" onto the conversation. You are not advocating "nice" or "polite"; you're advocating being a craven milksop who goes along with whatever you're told to do in hopes of being liked. It is no more rude to tell little Johnny, "You are a boy, and I will refer to you as such" than it is to tell him, "Your homework was due today, and I will not accept it late." Life's tough, wear a helmet.

As a teacher, why is it your job to fight with the kid about whether they should be called he or she rather than giving them an education?

Not a bad idea.

Your point is trying to impose on the rest of us your personal view of "political", "personal", and "polite". Apparently, you think you get to rewrite the entire "P" section of the dictionary to suit yourself.

You want to try to stop the political intolerance destroying us by unconditional surrender, go for it. But you're on your own, and you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for anyone else to enthusiastically cheer your plan. I'm not interested in peace through accepting subjugation.

I see you missed the part where I said my answer is that government stay out of it, it's up to the teacher, huh?

Not a bad idea.

You fail the polite request criterion. So the teacher can call you whatever they want
Go fuck yourself.

Not a bad idea.

They have these things called private schools, parents can enroll their kids into them anytime they feel like their personal political agenda isn't being taken seriously because some kid on the playground born a boy wants to be called she/her.

Right, private schools are an entirely different animal. It's up to them.

What is your point?

That's my point. Public schools are more or less going to act and treat it's students as the public wishes. This means transgendered children will more often than not be treated with respect and the pronouns used will respect that.

Don't like it and you live in an area that isn't freaked out about trans people then maybe private or homeschooling will be best for your child. Not you specifically but anyone.

Teachers should address others by their names. If the need for a pronoun occurs, teachers should adhere to the rules of the english language.

I am with you on when leftists compel speech. Calling them by their name and avoiding pronouns is a reasonable option.

Actually they can be either a singular or plural reference to a third person or multiple people.

I agree the teacher should speak proper English though if that's all you are saying

Singular 'they' has been used for centuries, it's not new. Not that it matters anyway.
It does matter. Teachers are getting fired for failure to use "they" because it is a PREFERRED pronoun. That's different than the centuries of using 'they'.

Tough shit, I guess.

Our Country is soooo F'ed that this is even a debate!

Fair enough, but why are you in the thread then?

Did I not clearly label the subject?

How are you not according to your own posts just spamming the thread then?

Agreed to both

Not a bad idea.

Go fuck yourself.

Because ...

You realize all you're saying makes you sound like you have Turrets syndrome.

What is the source of your hatred? Or are you just a lib? That would explain it

Not a bad idea.

Go fuck yourself.

Because ...

Fear, that is the source of his hatred.

Actually they can be either a singular or plural reference to a third person or multiple people.

I agree the teacher should speak proper English though if that's all you are saying
Thousands of years of progress and civilization, then lefties muck it up with "progressive" indoctrination.

If some little fairy boy thinks he's a girl, then just call him FAGGOT.

What the hell is all the confusion about... that's what he is... a flaming HOMO with GENDER DYSFUNCTION.

Make him a deal... you'll call him NANCY so long as he SEEKS PSYCHIATRIC HELP.

Obviously a teacher trying to show a kid that there are better people in the world than their intolerant leftist parents and trying to educate a kid would do that. Thanks

Not a bad idea.

Go fuck yourself.

Because ...

It's "Tourette's Syndrome", you stupid cocksucker.

Not a bad idea.

They have these things called private schools, parents can enroll their kids into them anytime they feel like their personal political agenda isn't being taken seriously because some kid on the playground born a boy wants to be called she/her.

What is your point?

That's my point. Public schools are more or less going to act and treat it's students as the public wishes. This means transgendered children will more often than not be treated with respect and the pronouns used will respect that.

Don't like it and you live in an area that isn't freaked out about trans people then maybe private or homeschooling will be best for your child. Not you specifically but anyone.

You realize I said in the OP I vote for that the kid asks politely and the teacher honors their wish? Obviously you didn't notice that

Not a bad idea.

Go fuck yourself.

Because ...

It's "Tourette's Syndrome", you stupid cocksucker.

Yes, how to spell Turrets syndrome is obviously the key point in this whole discussion, Yoda

Not a bad idea.

What is your point?

You realize I said in the OP I vote for that the kid asks politely and the teacher honors their wish? Obviously you didn't notice that

Yeah, I'm not debating you, just giving my opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Thousands of years of progress and civilization, then lefties muck it up with "progressive" indoctrination.

Another poster who didn't read the op. I voted against the government requiring the teacher to use the child's chosen pronoun.

Let's revisit who is the stupid mother fucker ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back