What pronouns should teachers in government schools use?

Should government schools require teachers to call students the pronoun of their choice?

• Yes, and any teacher who doesn't should be fired

• No but if the student asks the teacher politely, the teacher is an ass if they don't

• No, and the teacher should be fired for lying by calling the student anything but their birth gender

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this is getting into dangerous territory. What if democrat students get together and want to be called rat vomit, which seems likely to me. Should a teacher say "Rat vomit, can you come up front and recite Stalin's speech of Aug 11, 1949?

Then they failed the criteria I laid out in the op. There is nothing polite about asking to be called rat vomit.

That's why I phrased it the way I did

There's nothing polite about asking - demanding would be more accurate to what they're doing - that people tell lies and support delusions they don't agree with.
The word mister is the same as master, I want you to address me as master moonglow from now on and I know you won't.

What if democrat students want to be called "Hair sniffers"? I also have a problem with the poll Q's. Why not add another option. Should all fascist dem teachers be fired and be replaced with decent people?

OK, so give me a list of all possible options. It's not possible.

Look at the questions this way, why I picked the options I did.

1) Government should enforce leftist bigotry

2) It's up to the teacher, but if the student is decent about it, the teacher should be decent about it

3) Government should enforce religious bigotry

If the student is a dick, I don't really care.

I think that covers the options

Sorry, but refusing to play into this attack on reality is not "religious bigotry", or even primarily religious. And I find your biased attempt to dismiss it as such to be impolite and offensive. So if you want to paint yourself as the champion of "polite and decent", start with exemplifying it in your own posts.

Instead of wasting time with this 'what pronoun would you prefer' crap and 'CRT' where kids are taught to hate each other and their country, how about we get back to teaching Reading, Writing, Arithmetic, Science, History, etc...?

Nowhere did I say the teacher has to pull the information. That isn't the intent of this poll

Teachers should address others by their names. If the need for a pronoun occurs, teachers should adhere to the rules of the english language.

I am with you on when leftists compel speech. Calling them by their name and avoiding pronouns is a reasonable option.

"teachers should adhere to the rules of the english language."

No sure what you mean by this

In the English language, the pronouns "he" and "him" are used for males, and "she" and "her" are used for females. There are no English grammatical provisions, so far as I know, for hallucinating lunatics with an attitude problem.

Why not "follow the science" in addressing students, rather than encourage a delusion?

So you pick option three?

The answer to your question is the child is almost certainly getting leftist bigotry at home. This is a personal interaction. Show them you are different than their bigoted leftist parents and you are a nice guy and nice to them as a person.

Or you can show them their parents are right, it's all politics

What if democrat students want to be called "Hair sniffers"? I also have a problem with the poll Q's. Why not add another option. Should all fascist dem teachers be fired and be replaced with decent people?

2) It's up to the teacher, but if the student is decent about it, the teacher should be decent about it

Sorry, but refusing to play into this attack on reality is not "religious bigotry", or even primarily religious. And I find your biased attempt to dismiss it as such to be impolite and offensive. So if you want to paint yourself as the champion of "polite and decent", start with exemplifying it in your own posts.

Kaz is just being a dick!

Conservatives should homeschool their children.

Not a bad idea.

No sense having them in institutions where people are confused about what they are.

I think the anti-social twats should just keep their kids at home if they can't deal with the world in 2021 and beyond.
by the same standard, parents of children who believe they are something other than what they are, should stay home, and let their parent coddle their delusions.

It's not really a job for their teachers.

Teachers should address others by their names. If the need for a pronoun occurs, teachers should adhere to the rules of the english language.
But what if little Johnny wants to be called Jill, without so much as a legal name change?

What is Susan wants to be called Sue? Should they have to legally change their name?

Sue is a known nickname for Susan; I'm not aware of Jill ever being a known nickname for John. And when I was in school, the teacher had the option of disregarding preferred nicknames if they were uncomfortable with them and calling the student by their formal name.

If the teacher wants respect they must give respect, the same for the student.
The problem is, that it appears that in order for a teacher to “give respect” to students these days, that it requires a 6,000 page political correctness manual and a junior G Man decoder ring just to do it.

“Excuse me student, In order for me to give you some respect I’ll first need you to send me that memo regarding your preferred pronoun is for TODAY.”
Nametags would help...I would simply refer to them as you or you all...
Last name only. That shouldn't offend any sane person and it treats everyone equally. It may be slightly "stunted" or awkward in some conversations but that's the price paid for dealing with this insanity.

The problem is, that it appears that in order for a teacher to “give respect” to students these days, that it requires a 6,000 page political correctness manual and a junior G Man decoder ring just to do it.

“Excuse me student, In order for me to give you some respect I’ll first need you to send me that memo regarding what your preferred pronoun is for TODAY.”

Again, no one in this thread said the teacher has to ask. Option two is that the student politely asked the teacher

Kaz is just being a dick!

I don't know about the "just", but I'll agree with the rest of the sentence.

“Excuse me student, In order for me to give you some respect I’ll first need you to send me that memo regarding your preferred pronoun is for TODAY.”
Last name only. That shouldn't offend any sane person and it treats everyone equally. It may be slightly "stunted" or awkward in some conversations but that's the price paid for dealing with this insanity.

The question wasn't about names; it was about pronouns.

It is not unusual for military people.

“Excuse me student, In order for me to give you some respect I’ll first need you to send me that memo regarding what your preferred pronoun is for TODAY.”

Again, no one in this thread said the teacher has to ask. Option two is that the student politely asked the teacher

Lay off the Mexican meth. The cartels put fentanyl in it.

I would not fire teachers or compel speech, but I say the teacher is an ass if they aren't polite to their student and call them at a personal level what they want to be called. That isn't a political position, it's being a decent person.

It's not possible to list EVERY possibility in these polls. If none are perfect, please pick the closest answer to your view and explain in your post.

Ok, I'm calling you an idiot.

I would not fire teachers or compel speech, but I say the teacher is an ass if they aren't polite to their student and call them at a personal level what they want to be called. That isn't a political position, it's being a decent person.

It's not possible to list EVERY possibility in these polls. If none are perfect, please pick the closest answer to your view and explain in your post.

It's a political position to redefine "polite" as "playing into whatever delusion someone wants to impose on others".

It is not impolite to be biologically and grammatically correct; it is impolite to demand that others be incorrect to suit you.

You'll show that kid, huh! Now that's polite!

Aren't you there to teach, not to make political points to each other?

What is wrong with calling he a she? Maybe the kids will say wow, these people aren't asses like my parents, I want to be more like them. You're not going to give them that message by being rude to them

But what if little Johnny wants to be called Jill, without so much as a legal name change?

What is Susan wants to be called Sue? Should they have to legally change their name?

Sue is a known nickname for Susan; I'm not aware of Jill ever being a known nickname for John. And when I was in school, the teacher had the option of disregarding preferred nicknames if they were uncomfortable with them and calling the student by their formal name.
Imagine a boy named Sue.

LOL

Students who believe they are female should wear pink stars, students who believe they are male should wear blue stars, and students think they are both should wear green stars.

Solve the whole problem

Um ... blue and red make purple ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back