🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What really needs to be banned.......

How do you suggest we ban bullying?

I would suggest seeing more into a point that what is at the surface.
We have a cultural problem.
When I was a kid, it was NOT illegal to bring guns on school property.
Students brought guns to school every single day. They had hanging in racks in the backs of their pickups right out in the open.
Kids were allowed to bring a rifle on the school bus as long as it was in a carrying case, and stayed in the carrying case. You had to let the school know ahead of time you were bringing it, and they took it from you and held it till school was let out.
There were at any given time, probably 50 guns on school property when I was in high school. But kids didn't shoot other kids.
No one thought a thing about those guns there.
Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
There are less guns in households today than there were before, look it up. Less households with guns.
Yet kids didn't shoot other kids.
Why now?
Parents use to have real influence with their children. They use to have time to spend with them and tools to keep them in check. They remove the paddle from the schoold and the belt from the home and the kids realized they do not have to listen. Add into it that fucking cell phone not only has kids from their school in thier ear but kids from across the planet are in theri ear. Mean while mom and dad are so addicted to left and right swiping face book and twitter no one looks each other in the eye any more. Further more they sit on line and run their mouth about any thing they want with no repurcussions natural cause and effect of our actions are starting to disappear.

not one speech on how to protect students at school. How fking much did that cost? I have to laugh at the failure.

Well, At ..wtf ever the name of that Broward county high school is, the governor sent a few Highway Troopers (State Police) in as temporary extra security. Not sure if in all of Broward county or what. Clearly their Resource Officer situation is understaffed. 1 guy for 3k kids? :cuckoo:

Students brought guns to school every single day. They had hanging in racks in the backs of their pickups right out in the open.
Kids were allowed to bring a rifle on the school bus as long as it was in a carrying case, and stayed in the carrying case. You had to let the school know ahead of time you were bringing it, and they took it from you and held it till school was let out.
There were at any given time, probably 50 guns on school property when I was in high school. But kids didn't shoot other kids.
Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
There are less guns in households today than there were before, look it up. Less households with guns.
Why now?

Single teenage mothers changed the equation...raising young males without fathers.....that is the problem.....the majority of mass shooters grew up without fathers....

But those are not really new problems.......teen moms & fatherless homes have been around for centuries

Wrong.....before you had intact families and institutions that supported them...today you have children born without fathers in the home and this has become a major issue here and in Europe....that is why we are seeing the increase in violent crime...... to see the issue in Britain, read "Life at the Bottom," it goes into this problem and how it is increasing crime and violence there.

My point was that fatherless homes are nothing new. Divorce has been around for centuries,. Husbands went off to war & never came back. So again it's not a new thing, but it is more prevalent.

Personally I think it's more than that and encompasses more than kids bullying......it's that society has become more apathetic and accepting of what had always before been considered 'taboo'. People as a whole are angry & frustrated over what society has become and kids are only emulating that..

Not true.....out of wedlock birth rates are through the roof now....since the 1960s it has increased at a dramatic rate......it is also why you are seeing more violent crime and gun crime in Britain and Europe, their social structure was able to keep their families intact, but with the welfare state, they now can't....and they have young males raised by teenage girls....and it is causing their violence over there.

Yes, you are right about the birth rates of out of wedlock have increased dramatically, and it is a contributing factor, but I still don't think it's the only reason. I don't see as many teen moms now as I used to in the 80's/90's. but there are more adult women having kids without a man. They don't need them anymore and go to a fertility clinic......there's an app for that :rolleyes-41:

There has been so much change in the attitudes of society just in the last 50 years, that anything that was considered taboo is nearly all accepted as common place. IMHO, that right there is the biggest part of the problem.

And it's ok, we will just agree to disagree. :thup:

I mean come on.... you do realize there are less households in America with guns now than there were before. Yet kids didn't shoot other kids with them then.

Wonder how many of these kids doing this were in the "March for our lives" idiocy?

Social media has helped increase the number of school shootings. Should we ban that?

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?
Parents use to have real influence with their children. They use to have time to spend with them and tools to keep them in check. They remove the paddle from the schoold and the belt from the home and the kids realized they do not have to listen. Add into it that fucking cell phone not only has kids from their school in thier ear but kids from across the planet are in theri ear. Mean while mom and dad are so addicted to left and right swiping face book and twitter no one looks each other in the eye any more. Further more they sit on line and run their mouth about any thing they want with no repurcussions natural cause and effect of our actions are starting to disappear.

Well, there are certainly other more effective ways to discipline than hitting and slapping. You just have to have patience and be consistently strong to use them effectively. Spanking is usually more a sign of a parent's frustration with the child rather than a learning experience for the child.

Well, At ..wtf ever the name of that Broward county high school is, the governor sent a few Highway Troopers (State Police) in as temporary extra security. Not sure if in all of Broward county or what. Clearly their Resource Officer situation is understaffed. 1 guy for 3k kids? :cuckoo:

They don't have money to staff schools with paid guards. They HAVE TO abandon gun-free zone lunacy, and start arming school employees, or they're gonna get hit again.

And they need to dump the moron Obama PROMISE Program.

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

Well, there are certainly other more effective ways to discipline than hitting and slapping. You just have to have patience and be consistently strong to use them effectively. Spanking is usually more a sign of a parent's frustration with the child rather than a learning experience for the child.

Well said.
IMO...spanking/slapping hands etc. is a good tool when your child is not yet old enough to understand anything else.
My philosophy of parenting is this... you are not raising a child. You are raising a future adult. That is a different way of thinking.

I mean come on.... you do realize there are less households in America with guns now than there were before. Yet kids didn't shoot other kids with them then.

Wonder how many of these kids doing this were in the "March for our lives" idiocy?

Social media has helped increase the number of school shootings. Should we ban that?

That would be a start. And it is your sides actual argument after all.

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

:eusa_naughty: It's a method of getting it done, an effective method.

"If you do that, 2 pows" gives the kid something to think about.

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

Well thank you for your parenting tips! Obviously spanking is of last resort it is what you do when they do not follow being grounded. That being said there are two things that changed before the school shootings. Loss of corporal punishment and the internet. So tell me what is more effective than spanking when it is a propbl;em child that will not follow ruloes. I am glad you think you know best, I do not think you know how to deal with a delinquent. Normal kids are not going to school and shooting the place up. This I do know most of these shooters come from a single parent home of mom, who offered no disapline. Also please see articles written by Judge Allen Travis on the failure of the single mother to teach children disapline and control. Thank you for your mom knows better attitude, but mom don't know shit when it comes to boys!

My side? I don't remember having ever made this argument.

Sure you did. Banning a tool will stop the problem. Certainly social media played a part in the bullying, the creation of social outcasts, that was a key component in many of these incidents.

Why were these shootings so rare in the past when gun ownership was much easier?

Because bullying no longer just face to face. It now can go on 24/7/365.

To deny that is simply denying the truth.

And yet you will continue to argue, won’t you?

Sure you did. Banning a tool will stop the problem. Certainly social media played a part in the bullying, the creation of social outcasts, that was a key component in many of these incidents.

Why were these shootings so rare in the past when gun ownership was much easier?

Ah, I see what you're doing. You don't know a thing about me, and yet you're arguing against the ghost that you think I am....

Ah, I see what you're doing. You don't know a thing about me, and yet you're arguing against the ghost that you think I am....

Nope. Your logic remains your logic.

Ban what kills:

Bullying and Suicide - Bullying Statistics

Check out the part social media plays in these deaths.

Ban what kills:

Yes, it's exactly what you're doing.

Have I disputed that bullying is a problem on social media?

Bullying is a problem in schools, should we ban school?

Ban what kills:

That would be your argument.

It is what make otherwise good kids pick up the gun dufus

Ban what kills:

Ah, insults.

it is a propbl;em child that will not follow ruloes.

I've raised 3 boys. The oldest and youngest were more of the normal garden variety......each stage of growth they would push the limits and when faced with consequences, they'd settle down.
Then there's #2, IDK if it was the 'middle child' syndrome or what, but that kid would thumb his nose at all rules & limits set. He is so damn strong willed
& stubborn, that he didn't care if he was punished......he was going to do what he wanted no matter what. He never asked permission, he would tell us and if we didn't approve he would do it anyway. If not right in front of us, then behind our back. And everything became a battle. It didn't matter the 'what', he'd always take the opposite side. Let's just say that his growing up years, life around here was in constant turmoil because I wouldn't put up with it.

Parenting is not for the weak and times 10 for the difficult child

Ban what kills:

Ah, insults.

Is showing you the error in your logic an insult?

There's a medication for that. Be careful though, they might turn you into a monster, like so many others.

Ban what kills:

Ah, insults.

Is showing you the error in your logic an insult?

There's a medication for that. Be careful though, they might turn you into a monster, like so many others.

I think you're a good fit for the ignore list. Bye.

Forum List

Back