🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What really needs to be banned.......

Parents and society were harsh and controlling. Whatever works.

How do you suggest we ban bullying?

I don’t think you can. We don’t have those kind of controls. But what we can, but fail to do, is place blame where the blame needs to be blamed.

Marching against the NRA is misplaced aggression

That March, if it were against bullying, against medicating a generation with drugs that can turn an otherwise gentle child into a monster (especially the ones who also are bullied), would likely produce what we all want. But we won’t.

The OP makes an excellent point, but it’s more than that as well.

I would suggest seeing more into a point that what is at the surface.
We have a cultural problem.
When I was a kid, it was NOT illegal to bring guns on school property.
Students brought guns to school every single day. They had hanging in racks in the backs of their pickups right out in the open.
Kids were allowed to bring a rifle on the school bus as long as it was in a carrying case, and stayed in the carrying case. You had to let the school know ahead of time you were bringing it, and they took it from you and held it till school was let out.
There were at any given time, probably 50 guns on school property when I was in high school. But kids didn't shoot other kids.
No one thought a thing about those guns there.
Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
There are less guns in households today than there were before, look it up. Less households with guns.
Yet kids didn't shoot other kids.
Why now?

Single teenage mothers changed the equation...raising young males without fathers.....that is the problem.....the majority of mass shooters grew up without fathers....

But those are not really new problems.......teen moms & fatherless homes have been around for centuries
They were handled differently decades ago

Students brought guns to school every single day. They had hanging in racks in the backs of their pickups right out in the open.
Kids were allowed to bring a rifle on the school bus as long as it was in a carrying case, and stayed in the carrying case. You had to let the school know ahead of time you were bringing it, and they took it from you and held it till school was let out.
There were at any given time, probably 50 guns on school property when I was in high school. But kids didn't shoot other kids.
Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
There are less guns in households today than there were before, look it up. Less households with guns.
Why now?

You're asking a lot of questions, but you seem to have forgotten to answer my question.
A question you have no answer for. funny.

If I had an answer, I wouldn't have asked the question.
Perhaps it’s the way you asked it.

:lol:

How exactly did I ask it?

Apparently I've upset your delicate sensibilities, and I apologize, snowflake. But I still want an answer to my question.
You don’t have that kind of ability, they lied to you.

You're asking a lot of questions, but you seem to have forgotten to answer my question.

Really?
You can't see that I answered your question.
Telling
since it wasn't what she wanted, you didn't answer. It's how she is. I agreed with her to ignore it as my answer. she asked why to me as well.

I'm not a "she".
You behave like one . No masculinity

I'm sure you can come up with a better dodge than that, clown shoes.

Why is it so hard for anyone to answer my question?
See, no answer satisfies you just like a lady!

Most people aren't bullies, but they don't do anything about it when they see it. Or they go along with the crowd about who is cool enough to talk to, sit with, etc.
I don't think you can stop a bully, but you can stop laughing with one.

Bullies can be minimalized by teaching children to stick up for themselves and those around them that can't. Screw all that tattling n stuff, handle your business.

Most people aren't bullies, but they don't do anything about it when they see it. Or they go along with the crowd about who is cool enough to talk to, sit with, etc.

Bullies can be minimalized by teaching children to stick up for themselves and those around them that can't. Screw all that tattling n stuff, handle your business.
Water board em isn’t that what the columbine two did? You all don’t like that

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

Really?
You can't see that I answered your question.
Telling
since it wasn't what she wanted, you didn't answer. It's how she is. I agreed with her to ignore it as my answer. she asked why to me as well.

I'm not a "she".
You certainly sound like one.....

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

Single teenage mothers changed the equation...raising young males without fathers.....that is the problem.....the majority of mass shooters grew up without fathers....

But those are not really new problems.......teen moms & fatherless homes have been around for centuries

Wrong.....before you had intact families and institutions that supported them...today you have children born without fathers in the home and this has become a major issue here and in Europe....that is why we are seeing the increase in violent crime...... to see the issue in Britain, read "Life at the Bottom," it goes into this problem and how it is increasing crime and violence there.

My point was that fatherless homes are nothing new. Divorce has been around for centuries,. Husbands went off to war & never came back. So again it's not a new thing, but it is more prevalent.

Personally I think it's more than that and encompasses more than kids bullying......it's that society has become more apathetic and accepting of what had always before been considered 'taboo'. People as a whole are angry & frustrated over what society has become and kids are only emulating that..

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

Wrong.....before you had intact families and institutions that supported them...today you have children born without fathers in the home and this has become a major issue here and in Europe....that is why we are seeing the increase in violent crime...... to see the issue in Britain, read "Life at the Bottom," it goes into this problem and how it is increasing crime and violence there.

My point was that fatherless homes are nothing new. Divorce has been around for centuries,. Husbands went off to war & never came back. So again it's not a new thing, but it is more prevalent.

Personally I think it's more than that and encompasses more than kids bullying......it's that society has become more apathetic and accepting of what had always before been considered 'taboo'. People as a whole are angry & frustrated over what society has become and kids are only emulating that..
Feminism

I'm quite sure that there have always been bullies. That isn't something new. It seems that kids and adults just have really bad coping skills.

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

And so have guns. As pointed out many times, guns were allowed on school property for decades, yet school shootings were extremely rare, so something changed.

Single parenting, combined with bullying plus an enormous leap in children on mood altering prescription drugs and incredibly violent video games IS the problem.

When guns were allowed on school property, a bully could only ply his trade a few hours a day. Now it’s 24/7 through social media.

Sad

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

Not to mention anti-social.
Today's youth culture is in and of itself, anti-social. Kids have 10 times as much screen time as they do real life interactions.
In the past when kids got home from school and weekends, we couldn't wait to go outside and play with friends. Today, boys especially, can't wait to go to their rooms and play video games. I think this absolutely promotes apathy and a lower sense of the value of life. Other people's life.
Kids today care more about their social media status and "online personality" than their real personality which is retarded by a lack of social interaction.

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?

Not true.....out of wedlock birth rates are through the roof now....since the 1960s it has increased at a dramatic rate......it is also why you are seeing more violent crime and gun crime in Britain and Europe, their social structure was able to keep their families intact, but with the welfare state, they now can't....and they have young males raised by teenage girls....and it is causing their violence over there.

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?
A major difference is in your day parents raised their kids, taught them right from wrong, accountability, responsibility, respect of others, and various other life's lessons.

Forum List

Back