🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What really needs to be banned.......

How do you suggest we ban bullying?

I would suggest seeing more into a point that what is at the surface.
We have a cultural problem.
When I was a kid, it was NOT illegal to bring guns on school property.
Students brought guns to school every single day. They had hanging in racks in the backs of their pickups right out in the open.
Kids were allowed to bring a rifle on the school bus as long as it was in a carrying case, and stayed in the carrying case. You had to let the school know ahead of time you were bringing it, and they took it from you and held it till school was let out.
There were at any given time, probably 50 guns on school property when I was in high school. But kids didn't shoot other kids.
No one thought a thing about those guns there.
Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
There are less guns in households today than there were before, look it up. Less households with guns.
Yet kids didn't shoot other kids.
Why now?
There are many other social issues involved here. But don't you dare bring up the differences in entertainment, or violence in video games, etc. That would infringe upon someone's First Amendment rights and their freedom of expression. Also: how many of us grew up knowing that Mom would be home when we got there and if we were late, there would be questions? How many of us feared having to answer to our parents and/or the school authorities if we stepped out of line? Where I grew up, we too had rifles and shotguns in our cars and trucks. If you rode the school bus, you secured you hunting arms in your locker. Not one of those firearms ever attacked anyone in school, or anywhere else. Disagreements were settled outside, at recess or after school. Oh, and generally, there was at least one teacher in attendance to referee and ensure a fair "discussion". Bullies got the shit beat out of them and they stopped bullying.

Students brought guns to school every single day. They had hanging in racks in the backs of their pickups right out in the open.
Kids were allowed to bring a rifle on the school bus as long as it was in a carrying case, and stayed in the carrying case. You had to let the school know ahead of time you were bringing it, and they took it from you and held it till school was let out.
There were at any given time, probably 50 guns on school property when I was in high school. But kids didn't shoot other kids.
Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
There are less guns in households today than there were before, look it up. Less households with guns.
Why now?
Because a fair fight used to mean something back then.. and also, the media has glorified shootings and made them into something that you sort of become a celebrity for doing so now instead of just manning up and coming to school and calling a bully out to take them on mono e mono after school, they bring a rifle in and just shoot everyone for their revenge. I don't know how we stop it other than banning television because that's the number 1 contributor to the downfall of society

Why is it a problem now?
What changed?
Why now?
Because a fair fight used to mean something back then.. and also, the media has glorified shootings and made them into something that you sort of become a celebrity for doing so now instead of just manning up and coming to school and calling a bully out to take them on mono e mono after school, they bring a rifle in and just shoot everyone for their revenge. I don't know how we stop it other than banning television because that's the number 1 contributor to the downfall of society

I think UFC is a contributing factor as well. You just don't keep beating someone once you've won.

Forum List

Back