🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Reason Would A Gag Order Be Placed On Trump?

Other than to silence him so he won't expose all of the liberals trying to imprison him for nothing. I asked this question in another thread but I wanted to also make a new thread about it to give more people the chance to answer it. (People on the left mostly.) So, anybody got anything? :popcorn:

he is calling on his terrorists to threaten with the judges, prosecutors , and jurors and their families.

he needs to be gagged and kept away from a computer so that he can get a fair trial.

He is going way beyond that and making wild unfounded accusations

The place to do that is within the trial.
Why doesn’t he have his lawyers make those accusations?
It is perfectly permissible speech to maintain innocence, to maintain persecution, and to identify the judges conflicts with his daughter working for those trying to imprison Trump
You know he is within his rights but his expressions of innocence are worrisome to the witch hunt and you label it threatening and intimidating which is word change crap

he is calling on his terrorists to threaten with the judges, prosecutors , and jurors and their families.

he needs to be gagged and kept away from a computer so that he can get a fair trial.
Who are these so called terrorist who haven’t done anything so far?

The same reason gag orders are usually put in place. To protect the integrity of the proceedings. To prevent witnesses or members of the jury from being intimidated.

Why aren't the witnesses gagged to protect the integrity of the proceedings? Or the family members of the court?

See, the judicial branch doesn't give a hoot about your opinion of the trial. Once started it goes by certain rules. Rules that don't, and aren't supposed to be ruled by political preferences. Trump has all the rights that other criminal defendants do. Rules that don't include using a f-ucking megaphone to disparage witnesses or jurors. His lawyers can cross. He needs to shut up. Just like every other person in his position.
Gag orders are rare. Gag orders on criminal defendants are even more rare.

Trump has set himself to come out of this spat with the judge, to be the big winner.

But he's also gambling with the risk of being humiliated and becoming the 'biggest loser'.

Rhetorically speaking, Biden and America's government are ready to hold the political gun to Trump's head. It will be too late if Trump takes the antiwar stand that's expected of him.
At least you're honest enough to acknowledge all this lawfare bullshit is a political act by Biden. Kudos.

Why aren't the witnesses gagged to protect the integrity of the proceedings? Or the family members of the court?
Because the witnesses aren't the defendant. And any comment they give outside of the proceedings can and will be undoubtably part of the cross-examinations of the defense lawyers. As far as the family members of the court are concerned. What comment do you suppose they have given in order to necessitate a gag order? I'm not aware those comments are admissible in court even.

Last edited:
Because the witnesses aren't the defendant.

Wow. Profound

And any comment they give outside of the proceedings can and will be undoubtably part of the cross-examinations of the defense lawyers.
OK. so?
As far as the family members of the court are concerned. What comment do you suppose they have given in order to necessitate a gag order? I'm not aware those comments are even admissible in court even.
Making campaign ads regarding the trial that raises millions of dollars for Trump opponents. Can't think of anything more injurious to the integrity of the proceeding.

Sure, rare but not even remotely unheard off, in fact quite common in high profile cases.
Bullshit. Name another high profile criminal defendant that was gagged
So, what's your point?
That this hyperpartisan Judge's gag order is unconstitutional and 1,000% directed at keep a Presidential candidate from the opposing party from speaking about one of the most significant issues in the campaign.

Wow. Profound
Not profound, just factual. They aren't on trial. Trump is.
So, any prejudicial comment they make can be challenged, in court in front of the jury, by a professional lawyer. A witness doesn't have that luxury. They are there to answer questions.
Making campaign ads regarding the trial that raises millions of dollars for Trump opponents. Can't think of anything more injurious to the integrity of the proceeding.
Something done BEFORE the trial can't by definition be "injurious to the proceedings", since the proceedings haven't started. Lucky Trump, since he's attacked people for years. Including those that he can't now. Do you think a judge can apply gag orders retroactively?

Last edited:
  1. In 2018, Stormy Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, was issued a gag order by a federal judge in a case involving President Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen. The order prohibited Avenatti from discussing the case with the media or public.
  2. In 2019, a judge in Virginia issued a gag order in a case involving a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville. The order prohibited the parties involved from discussing the case with the media.
  3. In 2020, a judge in Massachusetts issued a gag order in a case involving actress Lori Loughlin and the college admissions scandal. The order prohibited the parties involved from discussing the case with the media.

How many more do you need?

The reasons for having to gag Trump have been clearly stated.

Yeah, the left is nothing but a bunch of triggered TDS lunatics.

gettyimages-102754299-1024x1024.jpg

Sure. How many?

1. In 2018, Stormy Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, was issued a gag order by a federal judge in a case involving President Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen. The order prohibited Avenatti from discussing the case with the media or public.
  2. In 2019, a judge in Virginia issued a gag order in a case involving a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville. The order prohibited the parties involved from discussing the case with the media.
  3. In 2020, a judge in Massachusetts issued a gag order in a case involving actress Lori Loughlin and the college admissions scandal. The order prohibited the parties involved from discussing the case with the media.

I don't see the word defendant anywhere. :rolleyes:

Why is Trump involved in this sham to begin with Dimwinger?

Fear from the left.

Trump can't intimidate jurors, witnesses etc...that's it...like any other mob boss or criminal or civil defendant on trial.

I love how you all are so open about the fact that Trump getting gagged is only because the left doesn't like him. Fascinating!

OP, what do you think the gag order is for?

I think that I've already made myself clear multiple times in this thread now. This post included.

I know. I just can't resist when they seem to cockily claim "no leftie can answer this question", posing some gotcha question that a toddler can answer without breaking a sweat.

Actually it amazes me how open you guys have been at finally admitting the truth in this thread.

And it’s incredibly commie and un American to put this powerful political opponent on trial for just that

mic-drop.gif

And that is anything but a fair trial.

Gag orders are rare. Gag orders on criminal defendants are even more rare.

Well since nobody can offer me any evidence to the contrary I do believe that it's the first time.

Other than to silence him so he won't expose all of the liberals trying to imprison him for nothing. I asked this question in another thread but I wanted to also make a new thread about it to give more people the chance to answer it. (People on the left mostly.) So, anybody got anything? :popcorn:
You are dead wrong that you believe Mr. Trump is being silenced.

He is gagged to stop threatening the court, its processes, and its peoples.

I don't see the word defendant anywhere. :rolleyes:

In May 2020, Loughlin entered a plea of guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and Giannulli entered a plea of guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and honest services wire and mail fraud.

A person accused in a court case, civil or criminal is a defendant. But hey, I can't prevent you from being deliberately obtuse.

Not profound, just factual. They aren't on trial. Trump is.

Again What does that have to do with gagging a criminal defendant?
So, any prejudicial comment they make can be challenged, in court in front of the jury, by a professional lawyer. A witness doesn't have that luxury. They are there to answer questions.

Something done BEFORE the trial can't by definition be "injurious to the proceedings", since the proceedings haven't started.
Tainting the jury pool
Lucky Trump, since he's attacked people for years. Including those that he can't now. Do you think a judge can apply gag orders retroactively?
I think this judge should have recused himself for a direct conflict.

You are dead wrong that you believe Mr. Trump is being silenced.

He is gagged to stop threatening the court, its processes, and its peoples.

That's a lie. Trump never threatened anybody.

In May 2020, Loughlin entered a plea of guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and Giannulli entered a plea of guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud and honest services wire and mail fraud.

A person accused in a case civil or criminal is a defendant. But hey, I can't prevent you from being deliberately obtuse.

Just tell me where it says that she was the one gagged in that trial.

Road Runner, your belief is based on your feelings not facts.

No, feelings is the only reason that Trump is in this mess to begin with.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back