🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What Reason Would A Gag Order Be Placed On Trump?

1. In 2018, Stormy Daniels' lawyer, Michael Avenatti, was issued a gag order by a federal judge in a case involving President Trump's former lawyer, Michael Cohen. The order prohibited Avenatti from discussing the case with the media or public.
Pssst, Avanati was not the defendant.
  1. In 2019, a judge in Virginia issued a gag order in a case involving a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville. The order prohibited the parties involved from discussing the case with the media.
  2. In 2020, a judge in Massachusetts issued a gag order in a case involving actress Lori Loughlin and the college admissions scandal. The order prohibited the parties involved from discussing the case with the media.

"[This] Court makes an oral order that no counsel may discuss
anything connected with this trial with the media or in public
places. This order encompasses all parties, attorneys and
witnesses
under the control of counsel.

Judge Amy Berman Jackson ordered that lawyers and others in the case must not talk about it publicly i

Yet due to a wide-ranging gag order, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and attorneys for victims’ families and witnesses are prohibited from saying anything publicly, aside from what is already in the public record.

I'd be happy with one. You're 0/6 so far.
I love how you seem to gloss over the fact that OTHER PARTIES include the actual defendant.

As for instance here. https://www.npr.org/2019/07/16/7423...sing-social-media-as-judge-tightens-gag-order

"Mr. Stone, what am I supposed to do with you?" Jackson said during a more than two-hour hearing. "Whether the problem is you can't follow simple orders or won't, I need to help you out."

Stone wasn't the defendant?

The question you posed was why the defendant and not the witness. That's the answer.
So why did every citation you provided regarding high profile gag orders include witnesses
Lol, hardly. In order to taint a jury pool, you need to specifically address the case.
Lol Like Cohen having a podcast trashing Trump over the indictment?
A general dislike for a defendant doesn't count. If it did no one charged with a serious crime could be prosecuted. Most people don't like criminals.
Nor does working for someone who's politically active count as prejudicial. Especially when the person working is a family member and not yourself.

For what. What is his direct conflict. He didn't post anything his daughter did.
His daughter is profiting from this trial - a direct conflict for the judge.

I love how you seem to gloss over the fact that OTHER PARTIES include the actual defendant.

No gloss, you can't cite a single case where the judge has gagged the defendant and the defendant alone.
As for instance here. https://www.npr.org/2019/07/16/7423...sing-social-media-as-judge-tightens-gag-order

"Mr. Stone, what am I supposed to do with you?" Jackson said during a more than two-hour hearing. "Whether the problem is you can't follow simple orders or won't, I need to help you out."

Stone wasn't the defendant?
QED

Yes but this is different because Trump is intimidating them just because he's Trump. Nothing that he's saying or doing.

There's your answer above right there.
Is that supposed to be a joke?

It's all about what tRump is "truthing" that is getting him in trouble

What kind of bubble do you guys live in?

Other than to silence him so he won't expose all of the liberals trying to imprison him for nothing. I asked this question in another thread but I wanted to also make a new thread about it to give more people the chance to answer it. (People on the left mostly.) So, anybody got anything? :popcorn:
He isn’t exposing anyone. He’s trying to intimidate witnesses and jurors, for which he should be sitting in a jail cell.

No one has done that
He has made factual criticism and that still legal in America. Hurt feelings don’t equal threat or intimidation

Exactly! What if I tried that in school and didn't do any of my work simply just because I didn't like the fact that my teacher was giving it to me? Unlike this situation there would most definitely be consequences.

He isn’t exposing anyone. He’s trying to intimidate witnesses and jurors, for which he should be sitting in a jail cell.

He's not trying to do anything but claim his innocence. If that causes hurt feelings along the way that's on them not him.

He's not trying to do anything but claim his innocence. If that causes hurt feelings along the way that's on them not him.
No, that’s not what he’s doing. He tells lies daily, like claiming the gag order means he’s not allowed to testify. Justify THAT lie!

They are not personal attacks when the person spoken about is in fact engaged in what Trump is observing and commenting on
You all just don’t live in reality and haven’t for over 5 years.
Trump has been instructed on what he can and cannot say outside the court

He is too arrogant to comply

He needs to spend some time in a holding cell to get his mind right

No, that’s not what he’s doing. He tells lies daily, like claiming the gag order means he’s not allowed to testify. Justify THAT lie!

That's what it sure seems like but due to the fact that you're changing the subject means that you can't deny what I just said.

Trump has been instructed on what he can and cannot say outside the court

He is too arrogant to comply

He needs to spend some time in a holding cell to get his mind right
Judges run trials and don’t enact new definitions for words and speech

Forum List

Back