What rights are the gays missing?

Sure they are manu...the church specifically outlaws homosexuality...was it always this way? Maybe...maybe not. I do know specific references in the Old Testament and New Testament that reference homosexuality and describe it as a sin. Many religious gays take offense at this and push back with an anti religious agenda along with the anti religious ACLU. It's all tied together.

rdean...you have every right to be anti-religious. Your reasons may be a little distorted but I support your right to that freedom. That being said if you violate anothers right to practice their religion or discuss their views in public you are in fact, violating their civil rights.

My reasons for being anti religion are not distored. It's religion that's distorted. Distorted and stultifying and just dumb. No one would buy a car based on "faith" but they will kill other people based on "faith". Now THAT'S distorted.

Indeed, in your opinion and mine, it is distorted.....and to a very pious Muslim Qutbist your views are distorted because you lack faith....but here in America niether can infringe upon the rights of the other in the name of their beliefs.

BS. The American right wing infringe on my rights all the time because of their "magical" beliefs. My right not to be exposed to it. So sick of that nonsense.

You either believe the government grants us rights or you believe we have a right to do whatever we want unless there is a compelling reason against our actions.

You fall into the former camp, I fall into the latter.

As long as you believe the government grants us rights you will always believe the government can regulate marriage, and therefore you will be able to justify refusing gays the ability to marry.

But you don't really care, of course, you just think big government is okay in this case.

:lol:

You have no clue, do you?
If you look hard enough, you will find posts on this board, made by me, that say the government has no business in marriage whatsoever. Regardless of sexual orientation.
Now, tell me, what rights are homosexuals not getting that heterosexuals are getting?

As if anyone on the right even cares. How many times do you have to go over it? Even worse, they come up with the most lame and stupid arguments.

One more time.

Since someone else mentioned the military. What do you get from the military.
Guaranteed student loan
Guaranteed home loan
VA benefits
burial benefits
benefits to children

First, there are only a handful of states that allow civil unions. Civil unions are generally NOT recognized by other states as opposed to marriage.

Some benefits if marriage:

Joint parental rights of children
Joint adoption
Status as "next-of-kin" for hospital visits and medical decisions
Right to make a decision about the disposal of loved ones remains
Immigration and residency for partners from other countries
Crime victims recovery benefits
Domestic violence protection orders
Judicial protections and immunity
Automatic inheritance in the absence of a will
Public safety officers death benefits
Spousal veterans benefits
Social Security
Medicare
Joint filing of tax returns
Wrongful death benefits for surviving partner and children
Bereavement or sick leave to care for partner or children
Child support
Joint Insurance Plans
Tax credits including: Child tax credit, Hope and lifetime learning credits
Deferred Compensation for pension and IRAs
Estate and gift tax benefits
Welfare and public assistance
Joint housing for elderly
Credit protection
Medical care for survivors and dependents of certain veterans

And those are only "SOME".

I'm tired of stupid, dumbass right wingers saying "name a right gays don't get".

All of these rights and privileges are granted by one single thing. The Civil Union law as passed in several States.

and as far as the military is concerned there are gays serving in the military as we speak and they are NOT being denied all of the things you posted....that portion is pure hogwash. That said they must comply with the rules for good order and dicipline set down in Regulations and the UCMJ.

First, there are only a handful of states that allow civil unions. Civil unions are generally NOT recognized by other states as opposed to marriage.

The number isn't what's important. The fact that States passed the laws is!

The Gay and Lesbian community is going about this all wrong. They should push for civil union laws IN ALL STATES first and then after it's established go for the semantic of a word change on a document. It's as simple as that.

Pete, did blacks and women go to every state alone to fight for equality or did they march on DC?

To condemn one is to condemn them all.

Again, it doesn't matter what the states do; the Fed refuses to recognize it, meaning they don't get federal benefits

Pete, did blacks and women go to every state alone to fight for equality or did they march on DC?

Again, it doesn't matter what the states do; the Fed refuses to recognize it, meaning they don't get federal benefits

My reasons for being anti religion are not distored. It's religion that's distorted. Distorted and stultifying and just dumb. No one would buy a car based on "faith" but they will kill other people based on "faith". Now THAT'S distorted.

Indeed, in your opinion and mine, it is distorted.....and to a very pious Muslim Qutbist your views are distorted because you lack faith....but here in America niether can infringe upon the rights of the other in the name of their beliefs.

BS. The American right wing infringe on my rights all the time because of their "magical" beliefs. My right not to be exposed to it. So sick of that nonsense.

Name one right of yours that has been infringed upon.

What exactly are federal benefits?

The Gay Bill of Rights

Article the third [Amendment I]

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion prohibiting the free exercise of sodomy or abridging the freedom of sex ,of speech, or of the press; or the right of the homo to peaceably to assemble in various stages of undress and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Article the fourth [Amendment II][4]

A well regulated AIDS awareness program being necessary to the security of a free and promiscuous State, the right of the people to ware chaps and bear Ass, shall not be infringed.

Article the fifth [Amendment III]

No gay Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the sexual consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Article the sixth [Amendment IV]

The right of the gay people to be secure in their gayness, , against unreasonable teasing and meanies, their anuses shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation that some kind of object is lodged up there and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Article the seventh [Amendment V]

No person shall be held to answer for a gayness or otherwise infamous gay behaviours, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Article the eighth [Amendment VI]

In all cases of being just tooo gay, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an partial jury of real men, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Article the ninth [Amendment VII]

In Suits of where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common gay unions

Article the tenth [Amendment VIII]

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Article the eleventh [Amendment IX]

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the straight people.

Article the twelfth [Amendment X]

The powers not delegated to the United States by the gay bill of rights nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the straight people

Let me google that for you

Legal and economic benefits of marriage
On the order of 1,400 legal rights are conferred upon married couples in the U.S. Typically these are composed of about 400 state benefits and over 1,000 federal benefits. Among them are the rights to:
topbul1d.gif
joint parenting;
topbul1d.gif
joint adoption;
topbul1d.gif
joint foster care, custody, and visitation (including non-biological parents);
topbul1d.gif
status as next-of-kin for hospital visits and medical decisions where one partner is too ill to be competent;
topbul1d.gif
joint insurance policies for home, auto and health;
topbul1d.gif
dissolution and divorce protections such as community property and child support;
topbul1d.gif
immigration and residency for partners from other countries;
topbul1d.gif
inheritance automatically in the absence of a will;
topbul1d.gif
joint leases with automatic renewal rights in the event one partner dies or leaves the house or apartment;
topbul1d.gif
inheritance of jointly-owned real and personal property through the right of survivorship (which avoids the time and expense and taxes in probate);
topbul1d.gif
benefits such as annuities, pension plans, Social Security, and Medicare;
topbul1d.gif
spousal exemptions to property tax increases upon the death of one partner who is a co-owner of the home;
topbul1d.gif
veterans' discounts on medical care, education, and home loans; joint filing of tax returns;
topbul1d.gif
joint filing of customs claims when traveling;
topbul1d.gif
wrongful death benefits for a surviving partner and children;
topbul1d.gif
bereavement or sick leave to care for a partner or child;
topbul1d.gif
decision-making power with respect to whether a deceased partner will be cremated or not and where to bury him or her;
topbul1d.gif
crime victims' recovery benefits;
topbul1d.gif
loss of consortium tort benefits;
topbul1d.gif
domestic violence protection orders;
topbul1d.gif
judicial protections and evidentiary immunity;
topbul1d.gif
and more....

Most of these legal and economic benefits cannot be privately arranged or contracted for. For example, absent a legal (or civil) marriage, there is no guaranteed joint responsibility to the partner and to third parties (including children) in such areas as child support, debts to creditors, taxes, etc. In addition, private employers and institutions often give other economic privileges and other benefits (special rates or memberships) only to married couples. And, of course, when people cannot marry, they are denied all the emotional and social benefits and responsibilities of marriage as well.
Marriage Benefits

According to a report given to the Office of the General Counsel of the U.S. General Accounting Office, here are a few of the 1,138 benefits the United States government provides to legally married couples:

1. Access to Military Stores
    Assumption of Spouse’s Pension
    Bereavement Leave
    Immigration
    Insurance Breaks
    Medical Decisions on Behalf of Partner
    Sick Leave to Care for Partner
    Social Security Survivor Benefits
    Tax Breaks
    Veteran’s Discounts
    Visitation of Partner in Hospital or Prison
Marriage Rights and Benefits - Free Legal Information - Nolo
Estate Planning Benefits

• Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.

Government Benefits

Other Legal Benefits and Protections

• Suing a third person for wrongful death of your spouse and loss of consortium (loss of intimacy).
  • Suing a third person for offenses that interfere with the success of your marriage, such as alienation of affection and criminal conversation (these laws are available in only a few states).
  • Claiming the marital communications privilege, which means a court can't force you to disclose the contents of confidential communications between you and your spouse during your marriage.
  • Receiving crime victims' recovery benefits if your spouse is the victim of a crime.
  • Obtaining immigration and residency benefits for noncitizen spouse.
  • Visiting rights in jails and other places where visitors are restricted to immediate family.

Congress shall not proscribe where any consenting adult penis is placed.

I really should have been a Fondling Father.

Let me google that for you

Legal and economic benefits of marriage
Marriage Benefits

According to a report given to the Office of the General Counsel of the U.S. General Accounting Office, here are a few of the 1,138 benefits the United States government provides to legally married couples:

1. Access to Military Stores
    Assumption of Spouse’s Pension
    Bereavement Leave
    Immigration
    Insurance Breaks
    Medical Decisions on Behalf of Partner
    Social Security Survivor Benefits
    Tax Breaks
    Veteran’s Discounts
    Visitation of Partner in Hospital or Prison
Marriage Rights and Benefits - Free Legal Information - Nolo
Estate Planning Benefits

• Inheriting a share of your spouse's estate.
  • Receiving an exemption from both estate taxes and gift taxes for all property you give or leave to your spouse.
  • Creating life estate trusts that are restricted to married couples, including QTIP trusts, QDOT trusts, and marital deduction trusts.
  • Obtaining priority if a conservator needs to be appointed for your spouse -- that is, someone to make financial and/or medical decisions on your spouse's behalf.

Government Benefits

Other Legal Benefits and Protections

• Suing a third person for wrongful death of your spouse and loss of consortium (loss of intimacy).
  • Suing a third person for offenses that interfere with the success of your marriage, such as alienation of affection and criminal conversation (these laws are available in only a few states).
  • Claiming the marital communications privilege, which means a court can't force you to disclose the contents of confidential communications between you and your spouse during your marriage.
  • Receiving crime victims' recovery benefits if your spouse is the victim of a crime.
  • Obtaining immigration and residency benefits for noncitizen spouse.
  • Visiting rights in jails and other places where visitors are restricted to immediate family.

Now...LIKE I SAID!!!!!!

a legal (or civil) marriage

All the gay and lesbian community has to do is PUSH FOR CIVIL UNION LAWS in the States that currently don't have any. Then they GET THE RIGHTS YOUR BITCHING ABOUT. If all States had a civil union law the Defense of Marriage Act would be repealed in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Civil unions don't establish the same benefits as marriage. Civil unions are binding only upon the state (or county) in which it is registered.

Why are you so slow?

Frank says D.C. gay rights march misses mark - Yahoo! News

snip,
Many gay rights advocates have criticized President Barack Obama for not moving faster to keep his campaign promises to extend gay rights, and Congress has also drawn flak for not doing more.

I just re-read The Bill of Rights, I'm curious, which rights outlined in that document do not apply to gays?

The right for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman, and through those kinds of marriages, the right to enjoy the same tax benefits and responsibilities given to a married couple... or for that matter, the right for a church to take a supposedly religious institution and interpret it as it desires without the government enforcing the Southern Baptist interpretation.

Last edited:
Why didn't blacks just push for local laws?

Why didn't women?

Because the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT denies their civil liberties and only action at the FEDERAL LEVEL can change that

Civil unions don't establish the same benefits as marriage. Civil unions are binding only upon the state (or county) in which it is registered.

Look. I understand this point...but going for the entire enchilada all at once is a bit overwhelming to many Americans. Americans are slow to change from long standing beliefs. If the 50 States had civil union laws then Congress would act to allow federal benefits for same sex couples. It just takes time...not all this screaming me me me me me me me now now now now now gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. The majority of Americans ARE TURNED OFF by this tactic from the left.

Look. I understand this point...but going for the entire enchilada all at once is a bit overwhelming to many Americans. Americans are slow to change from long standing beliefs. If the 50 States had civil union laws then Congress would act to allow federal benefits for same sex couples. It just takes time...not all this screaming me me me me me me me now now now now now gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme. The majority of Americans ARE TURNED OFF by this tactic from the left.
Luckily not all or we'd still be a British colony.

Luckily not all or we'd still be a British colony.

god save the queens.

You either believe the government grants us rights or you believe we have a right to do whatever we want unless there is a compelling reason against our actions.

You fall into the former camp, I fall into the latter.

As long as you believe the government grants us rights you will always believe the government can regulate marriage, and therefore you will be able to justify refusing gays the ability to marry.

But you don't really care, of course, you just think big government is okay in this case.

:lol:

You have no clue, do you?
If you look hard enough, you will find posts on this board, made by me, that say the government has no business in marriage whatsoever. Regardless of sexual orientation.
Now, tell me, what rights are homosexuals not getting that heterosexuals are getting?

As if anyone on the right even cares. How many times do you have to go over it? Even worse, they come up with the most lame and stupid arguments.

One more time.

Since someone else mentioned the military. What do you get from the military.
Guaranteed student loan
Guaranteed home loan
VA benefits
burial benefits
benefits to children

Some benefits if marriage:

Joint parental rights of children
Joint adoption
Status as "next-of-kin" for hospital visits and medical decisions
Right to make a decision about the disposal of loved ones remains
Immigration and residency for partners from other countries
Crime victims recovery benefits
Domestic violence protection orders
Judicial protections and immunity
Automatic inheritance in the absence of a will
Public safety officers death benefits
Spousal veterans benefits
Social Security
Medicare
Joint filing of tax returns
Wrongful death benefits for surviving partner and children
Bereavement or sick leave to care for partner or children
Child support
Joint Insurance Plans
Tax credits including: Child tax credit, Hope and lifetime learning credits
Deferred Compensation for pension and IRAs
Estate and gift tax benefits
Welfare and public assistance
Joint housing for elderly
Credit protection
Medical care for survivors and dependents of certain veterans

And those are only "SOME".

I'm tired of stupid, dumbass right wingers saying "name a right gays don't get".

Everything you just named applies to heterosexual people if they choose to marry a person of the same sex.
Again, the law is applied equally, it doesn't specifically say anything about being homosexual.

Forum List

Back