What should happen when a president openly DEFIES the law?

Here we go again.

You lost....Get the fuck over it.....Get a life.

HONK HONK!

This has nothing to do with winning an election.
This is about the president following the law.

Still waiting on the law you think gives Congress the right to invade people's privacy whenever they choose.

Its not congress doing that, its the NSA.
For the NSA, thank the patriot act and defense authorization (NDAA)

Oh my God, can you shoehorn any MORE of your irrelevant pet obsessions? "Well, well, well . . . Patriot Act! It's all BUSH'S fault that we want to nose around in Trump's taxes!!!! You can't object because [fill in the blank Republican]!"

Okay, Dud (And I definitely mean that name-shortening in the most literal context). I will draw you a picture, since thinking is clearly not something you do.

The Patriot Act, the NSA, whatever the fuck other leftist conspiracy-theory hysteria you want to dredge up, does NOT give Congress the right to invade privacy whenever, however they please with no justification. It makes me sad that you even have to be told this, and yet are allowed to vote just as if you're a person, instead of an ancephalic sea slug.

I mean, they said the Mueller investigation was the key to taking down trump, and when that didn't play out in their favor, they are back to his taxes.

That part, you pulled out of your ass.........NO ONE of any stature ever said that the Mueller report was the key to taking the moron-in-chief down......For these reasons

A. Most of us were fully aware that under DOJ policies Mueller could NOT indict a sitting president

B. Mueller DID list TEN charges to be faced by Trump once he LEAVES office

C. There are a dozen other prosecutorial jurisdictions who are STILL investigating.....For example, did you happen to read about Deutsche Bank releasing Trump's request for loans when NO American bank would lend Trump a dime??
You're going to end up sorely disappointed, nat. just sayin'
Do you think 4 more years of this loose cannon will be a good thing for America? Businesses can keep going on not knowing what the ***** has in store for them,for the country?
I think people are going to look at the economy, I think people are going to look at unemployment, Ed.
I do believe that people as individuals are better off now than they were when Trump took office.
The Mueller investigation isn't in the top 16 issues people are concerned about. It's only an issue of
distraction for the democrat party. They are overplaying their hand and it's not helping.
I know, I know, it's the most important thing in the world to you, but, not mainstream America.
They're too busy with what affects their life. That's what I think, Ed.

I think part of the problem the Dems are having is that they've spent so much time diligently tearing down people's trust in every single institution and person in sight, and now they're reaping the rewards of their efforts as people refuse to be outraged over minutiae and hair-splitting.

Watkins v. United States, Supreme Court of the United States, No. 261, October Term-1956, slip opinion, June 17, 1957

“Broad as is this power of inquiry, it is not unlimited. There is no general authority to expose the private affairs of individuals without justification in terms of the functions of the Congress.”
Eternal fuckhead........

Are you really COMPARING a case involving the McCarthy communist scandal with the request of the orange dick-head's tax returns???

Are you really THAT fucking stupid??

Eternal shitbrain, are you really thinking that laws and rights only apply when YOU think it's "important"?

Are you really THAT fucking stupid? (Rhetorical question, since I know you are.)

The Supreme Court - clearly unlike you - has the ability to take the long view and look at broader issues than "What do I want to enable right at this moment?" (Not that they always DO, but they at least are capable of it.) Legal precedent is legal precedent, and the legal precedent is that Congress does not have unfettered authority to demand any information they want, any time they want, without justification. Period.

I mean, they said the Mueller investigation was the key to taking down trump, and when that didn't play out in their favor, they are back to his taxes.

That part, you pulled out of your ass.........NO ONE of any stature ever said that the Mueller report was the key to taking the moron-in-chief down......For these reasons

A. Most of us were fully aware that under DOJ policies Mueller could NOT indict a sitting president

C. There are a dozen other prosecutorial jurisdictions who are STILL investigating.....For example, did you happen to read about Deutsche Bank releasing Trump's request for loans when NO American bank would lend Trump a dime??
Do you think 4 more years of this loose cannon will be a good thing for America? Businesses can keep going on not knowing what the ***** has in store for them,for the country?
I think people are going to look at the economy, I think people are going to look at unemployment, Ed.
I do believe that people as individuals are better off now than they were when Trump took office.
The Mueller investigation isn't in the top 16 issues people are concerned about. It's only an issue of
distraction for the democrat party. They are overplaying their hand and it's not helping.
I know, I know, it's the most important thing in the world to you, but, not mainstream America.

I actually agree........The REAL challenge for democrats both in congress and on the campaign trail is to CLEARLY show that two issues can be addressed simultaneously .....

First, that a cancer does exist (as John Dean once stated) in the WH and MUST be removed....and

Second, a slew of Bills should be introduced in the House that would correctly address, Health Care, Equal Pay, Minimum Wage, Infrastructure, etc.

BOTH ISSUES CAN be addressed, much to the chagrin of Trump ass kissers.

However, Democrats are giving an excellent performance of addressing nothing but their own unhinged, hate-filled vendetta, much to the chagrin of leftist ass napkins like you.

I actually agree........The REAL challenge for democrats both in congress and on the campaign trail is to CLEARLY show that two issues can be addressed simultaneously .....

First, that a cancer does exist (as John Dean once stated) in the WH and MUST be removed....and

Second, a slew of Bills should be introduced in the House that would correctly address, Health Care, Equal Pay, Minimum Wage, Infrastructure, etc.

BOTH ISSUES CAN be addressed, much to the chagrin of Trump ass kissers.

However, Democrats are giving an excellent performance of addressing nothing but their own unhinged, hate-filled vendetta, much to the chagrin of leftist ass napkins like you.
You have the bully king of hate in our WH Why pick on me ?? Because I despise the scumbag?

I think part of the problem the Dems are having is that they've spent so much time diligently tearing down people's trust in every single institution and person in sight, and now they're reaping the rewards of their efforts as people refuse to be outraged over minutiae and hair-splitting.

Don't forget the Democrat media pushing the narrative with lies, misinformation, and pure hate for Trump. How many times we heard "collusion", "turning point", "beginning of the end", walls are closing in", based on nothing. And they're still not letting it go, trying to make impression that there is still something that we haven't heard, just enough to force Trump to resign, and if he doesn't they're going to impeach him. It's gonna bite them in the ass, and butthurt they're having now is child's play in comparison to what is coming.

Don't forget the Democrat media pushing the narrative with lies, misinformation, and pure hate for Trump. How many times we heard "collusion", "turning point", "beginning of the end", walls are closing in", based on nothing. And they're still not letting it go, trying to make impression that there is still something that we haven't heard, just enough to force Trump to resign, and if he doesn't they're going to impeach him. It's gonna bite them in the ass, and butthurt they're having now is child's play in comparison to what is coming.

But you know all this?
The Constitution vests certain exclusive powers in the House of Representatives, including the right to initiate impeachment proceedings and to originate revenue bills. The organization and character of the House of Representatives have evolved under the influence of political parties, which provide a means of controlling proceedings and mobilizing the necessary majorities. Party leaders, such as the speaker of the House and the majority and minority leaders, play a central role in the operations of the institution. However, party discipline (i.e., the tendency of all members of a political party to vote in the same way) has not always been strong, owing to the fact that members, who must face reelection every two years, often vote the interests of their districts rather than their political party when the two diverge.

A further dominating element of House organization is the committee system, under which the membership is divided into specialized groups for purposes such as holding hearings, preparing bills for the consideration of the entire House, and regulating House procedure. Each committee is chaired by a member of the majority party. Almost all bills are first referred to a committee, and ordinarily the full House cannot act on a bill until the committee has “reported” it for floor action. There are approximately 20 standing (permanent) committees, organized mainly around major policy areas, each having staffs, budgets, and subcommittees. They may hold hearings on questions of public interest, propose legislation that has not been formally introduced as a bill or resolution, and conduct investigations. Among important standing committees are those on appropriations, on ways and means (which handles matters related to finance), and on rules. There are also select and special committees, which are usually appointed for a specific project and for a limited period.

The committees also play an important role in the control exercised by Congress over governmental agencies. Cabinet officers and other officials are frequently summoned before the committees to explain policy. The Constitution (Article I, section 6) prohibits members of Congress from holding offices in the executive branch of government—a chief distinction between parliamentary and congressional forms of government.

After the census of 1920, Northeastern and Midwestern states held 270 House seats and the South and West held 169. Thereafter, the balance between the two regions gradually shifted: following the 2010 census, the Northeast and Midwest accounted for only 172 seats, compared with the South and West’s 263. Most notably, the number of representatives from New York declined from 45 in the 1930s to only 27 in 2012, while the number from California increased from 11 to 53.

Typical leftist non-answer answer.

upload_2019-4-28_20-10-35.png

But you know all this?
The Constitution vests certain exclusive powers in the House of Representatives, including the right to initiate impeachment proceedings and to originate revenue bills. The organization and character of the House of Representatives have evolved under the influence of political parties, which provide a means of controlling proceedings and mobilizing the necessary majorities. Party leaders, such as the speaker of the House and the majority and minority leaders, play a central role in the operations of the institution. However, party discipline (i.e., the tendency of all members of a political party to vote in the same way) has not always been strong, owing to the fact that members, who must face reelection every two years, often vote the interests of their districts rather than their political party when the two diverge.

A further dominating element of House organization is the committee system, under which the membership is divided into specialized groups for purposes such as holding hearings, preparing bills for the consideration of the entire House, and regulating House procedure. Each committee is chaired by a member of the majority party. Almost all bills are first referred to a committee, and ordinarily the full House cannot act on a bill until the committee has “reported” it for floor action. There are approximately 20 standing (permanent) committees, organized mainly around major policy areas, each having staffs, budgets, and subcommittees. They may hold hearings on questions of public interest, propose legislation that has not been formally introduced as a bill or resolution, and conduct investigations. Among important standing committees are those on appropriations, on ways and means (which handles matters related to finance), and on rules. There are also select and special committees, which are usually appointed for a specific project and for a limited period.

The committees also play an important role in the control exercised by Congress over governmental agencies. Cabinet officers and other officials are frequently summoned before the committees to explain policy. The Constitution (Article I, section 6) prohibits members of Congress from holding offices in the executive branch of government—a chief distinction between parliamentary and congressional forms of government.

After the census of 1920, Northeastern and Midwestern states held 270 House seats and the South and West held 169. Thereafter, the balance between the two regions gradually shifted: following the 2010 census, the Northeast and Midwest accounted for only 172 seats, compared with the South and West’s 263. Most notably, the number of representatives from New York declined from 45 in the 1930s to only 27 in 2012, while the number from California increased from 11 to 53.

Okaaaayy.... You copy/paste the text and quoted two of my posts. Since I don't see the connection, what's your point?

View attachment 258394

Are you two related? Or just plain stupid?

upload_2019-4-28_20-22-5.png
upload_2019-4-28_20-22-47.png

Yes, we all know that Trump can say moronic crap about shooting someone on 5th avenue and his ass kissers would still back him....

And most of us shrugged such statements by Trump pff since we long knew he was a spinless wanna-be bully and insecure.

BUT, when Trump openly defies laws, how can his cult members still tolerate his lawlessness (without the usual bullshit like "Obama did it too",,,,and "Hillary should be locked up")

Trump ordering hius stooge Mnuchin to NOT hand over tax returns is BREAKING THE LAW......the statute is crystal clear........when a House committee requests such returns, the IRS "SHALL COMPLY".....not maybe, but SHALL.

Trump is also ordering the WH counsel to NOT testify and defy a House committee subpoena....That is also BREAKING THE LAW.......First, McGahb has already testified under oath to Mueller....therefore NO executive privilege applies.......Second, Nixon already tried that with John Dean and LOST......and Third, there are several statutes that prevent any individual (and the orange clown is also an individual who is not above the law) from threatening a witness from testifying before Congress.

With the above in mind, Trump cultists are at a cross road.......ass kiss their cult leader or finally grow a spine and state that Trump CANNOT keep defying existing laws.

What happens when a President openly defies the law?

You mean like when that worthless piece of shit Obama defied the immigration laws of the US to allow millions of Illegal assholes to flood into the country?

View attachment 258394

Typical Strumpet dig.

Here's an answer. Today, Trump backed down and now will allow anyone that the House sepinas to testify including past and present staffers and DOJ. Looks like he finally figured out his recent actions were 100% Obstruction of Justice if it went more than a couple days and Congress was going to start issuing contempt charges which would have to be acted on by the DOJ. If not the DOJ, the US Federal Marshals.

View attachment 258394

Typical Strumpet dig.

Here's an answer. Today, Trump backed down and now will allow anyone that the House sepinas to testify including past and present staffers and DOJ. Looks like he finally figured out his recent actions were 100% Obstruction of Justice if it went more than a couple days and Congress was going to start issuing contempt charges which would have to be acted on by the DOJ. If not the DOJ, the US Federal Marshals.
So let the political games begin....again.
it's all bullshit and America knows it.

Gnat just had his last thread shut down because he had no link and the Mod deemed he was trolling his own thread...

That pretty much sums up Gnat and every thread he creates / every post he makes...

View attachment 258394

Typical Strumpet dig.

The house has a job to do Can you deny what the constitution says? Just because the repub house laid down like the dogs they were doesn't mean the Dems have to

View attachment 258394

Typical Strumpet dig.

The house has a job to do Can you deny what the constitution says? Just because the repub house laid down like the dogs they were doesn't mean the Dems have to

I deal with some right wingers on a daily basis. They take parts of the Constitution or a court ruling, interpret it to suit themselves, ignore the rest and almost fight to the death to prove they are right.

View attachment 258394

Typical Strumpet dig.

And when they're done, go for the tax returns again. See how the game is played?
The dems aren't impressing the Independents....it's all optics, Ed.

Forum List

Back