What should the wealthy do? Libs How should they be sharing there wealth?

Should we confiscate their money? Of course not

But why does our country continue programs that encourage the wealthy to protect and accumulate more wealth?

Since the early 1980s we have been embracing supply side economic policies that direct money at the top of the economic food chain with a promise that these policies will stimulate the economy and the wealth will trickle down in the form of jobs and prosperity for all

What have the wealthy done with all this money? They kept it

They kept it?

To do what with it? Can you sleep with money?

Can you eat it?

Can you jump in your money and drive around town in it?

Can you drink it?

Can you kiss it or have it kiss you back?

Can you stick up your ass and whistle Dixie with it?

I just don't understand how some people think.

Or don't think

Ask Mitt Romney how he keeps his money

Hint: It doesn't involve hiring millions of Americans

Maybe not millions, but hundreds of thousands. Or tens of thousands at least.

Bain invested in Staples: 89,000 Jobs. Sports Authority: 15,000 Jobs and Dominoes: 7,900 Jobs added since 1999

obama: 3,500,000 jobs LESS than when he took office

You wouldn't understand. It's way too complicated for you.

That plan would raise taxes on the poor and drastically cut taxes on the wealthy! Your very own Mitt Romney paid a lower percentage to the IRS because he did not EARN the wealth he enjoys. It's all investment income, nothing earned by producing goods and services.

But a waitress with two kids gets soaked simply because her income is derived from ACTUAL HARD WORK, a virtue quickly fleeting from the Conservative economic playbook.

Are Conservatives capable of thinking deeper than a bumper sticker?

Who wrote the tax code that applies a lower rate on capital gains than on earned income?

Do you know?

Well, check into which party has controlled congress for all but a few of the last 75 years.

You have a problem with the tax code? blame the democrats--they wrote it.
But the Republicans advocate eliminating the Capital Gains tax altogether!

sure, that would encourage investment in american businesses and the result would be more jobs and a stronger economy.

But we get where you libs are coming from-------punish success and reward failure, everybody gets a trophy, no losers allowed, no grades in school. You fools live in fantasy land.

I read a joke where the Koch brothers have 12 cookies
take 11
give 1/2 of one to a Conservative
and then tell the same "look at that person on wellfare, he is trying to take half of your cookie"

What would you have them do?
Do you understand why I cannot ever become "rich"

Raise the salaries and benefits of their current employees, bring back the jobs from overseas and hire Americans to fill those jobs. Those people will start to feel confident to spend again. This is what Reagan referred to as trickle down economics.

Nobody needs to give anything away or redistribute a damn dime.

OK, if all businesses in the USA were to raise salaries and benefits for all employees, what would happen to prices? How are you better off if you earn more but it costs more to live? you just have more money going through your hands---you have gained nothing.

I guess that basic truth is too complex for the liberal mind.

Income disparity is a problem batted back and forth between Conservatives and Liberals like a shuttlecock. But the problem isn't merely a parlor game nor is it something easily dismissed as envy or resentment.

The actual problem leads to s lowing economy. If the wealth is held by the very few and the very many are not compensated adequately, there is less money flowing through the economy. Economic growth is defined as the exchange of capitol for goods and services. If those goods and services are outside the budgets of the majority, those goods and services will not be utilized and the exchange of capital stops.

When a CEO can run a business into the ditch and then get a bonus for doing so, the values have been warped to something unidentifiable as Capitalism. If the workers who are actually producing the wealth for the few are under compensated, there is less and less opportunity open for those workers because the flow of cash is so constricted.

Looking for a working paradigm for this disparity? Read the story of the goose that laid golden eggs.

And now the income from stock goes to CEO and top management pay and golden umbrellas. It's not being reinvested into the company and certainly not going into employee salary raises and benefits.

Typically that is tied to stock earnings
it takes every-ones effort to provide that success I will agree
And as such I see nothing wrong with that succes being shared with all

Question: Do you think if Steve Jobs could have been hired from Apple when he was healthy, and very much alive
what would that be worth to you as the owner? the employee?

These same assholes who are screaming about the Rich paying taxes will leave this thread. Put on a straight face, and walk into a "Concerned about the decifit" thread.

But why does our country continue programs that encourage the wealthy to protect and accumulate more wealth?

Since the early 1980s we have been embracing supply side economic policies that direct money at the top of the economic food chain with a promise that these policies will stimulate the economy and the wealth will trickle down in the form of jobs and prosperity for all

They kept it?

Can you eat it?

Can you drink it?

Or don't think

Edgetho, the density and extent of your ignorance never fails to entertain.

The bulk of Romney's 2011 tax return was foreign business filings: "....266 of the 379 pages of Romney's 2011 taxes are about foreign corporations and partnerships""

What You Need to Know About Mitt Romney's 2011 Tax Return - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic

take 11
and then tell the same "look at that person on wellfare, he is trying to take half of your cookie"

Raise the salaries and benefits of their current employees, bring back the jobs from overseas and hire Americans to fill those jobs. Those people will start to feel confident to spend again. This is what Reagan referred to as trickle down economics.

You just want to force what individuals and companies do with their money....

Typical statist

Sounds like we're seeing the first round of participation trophy kids that thinks they're entitled to some share of what everyone else has earned.

This should be fun.

They kept it?

Can you eat it?

Can you drink it?

Or don't think

Uhm, so?

take 11

The vast majority of Companies that moved jobs overseas hated doing it. And would rather bring the jobs home if they could.

Let me tell you a true story from a former CFO I knew.

His Company wanted to build a Factory in North Carolina.

They applied for the permit and had to get approval from the State EPA, the Federal EPA, County Zoning and make a deal with the Union. It was a Union Industry. No getting around it.

So they submit the plans to the County. Well, the County kicks them back and meanwhile, all the County Commissioners are running around trying to buy up land in or around the proposed building site so they can make a shitload of money.

Within a few weeks the building proposal hits the public and a group of fukking hippies suddenly swear they've seen an Eagle making a nest on the land. So the EPA comes in and proposes a study -- A ONE YEAR Study.

Then the Union starts making noises about how the proposed wages ($10 an hour to start back in 1995) were too low and they were going to file suit.

Then the State sends in an Environmental Engineer (oh yes there is) and she starts yapping about sheet flow and parking lots and other extraneous and stupid bullshit.

Then, some of the people in the area, regular people, get it in their heads that they might not want a factory nearby and file a suit. (they were just looking for a payoff)

Meanwhile, the Eagle's nest is yet to be determined and the EPA proposes an extra year of study because the dirty fucking hippies found an abandoned nest and moved it into a tree on the property while the County kicks the plans back again and the State wants them to do a study approved by an Environmental Engineering Firm on sheet flow and streams and bugs and ducks and stupid fukking hippies.

Know what the Company did?

They moved to China.

The area in NC lost around 5,000 jobs. China gained 10,000 jobs.

Know what happens in China when they want to build a Factory?

THEY BUILD A FUCKING FACTORY!!

Here? Forget it. Very difficult, very expensive.

I could go on and on but I won't.

Maybe someday, if you're nice, I'll explain how most factories in China worked at the time. And a lot of them still do. Maybe most.

Last edited:
They kept it?

Can you eat it?

Can you drink it?

Or don't think

Uhm, so?

Soooooooo.........

The concept of Supply Side Economics is a bunch of bullshit

Motorola is going to build a cell phone manufacturing plant. The only one in the US. They are building it in Texas.

take 11

Typical statist

My, don't we distort the language here? The O/P asks what I would have them do. I said bring jobs back to American soil and provide raises for the current employees (instead of cutting their hours and benefits. I'm sure Larry Ellison of Oracle could survive on a little less than his current $263,000 a day.*)

Where do I recommend force?

Don't dodge this easy question, either. Answer it or STFU.

*Highest-paid executives: Larry Ellison, Oracle, Elon Musk, Tesla Motors, Marissa Mayer, Yahoo!, John Donahoe, eBay, John Hammergren, McKesson, Glenn Murphy, Gap Inc., John Watson, Chevron Corp., Marc Benioff, Salesforce.com, John Stumpf, Wells Fargo,

They kept it?

Can you eat it?

Can you drink it?

Or don't think

That you can't understand my thoughts is not surprising.

You see, I'm more intelligent than you are. By a wide margin. There is no hope of you ever understanding me

Your inability to understand the inner workings of my mind is no more surprising than my dog not understanding them.

Typical statist

My, don't we distort the language here? The O/P asks what I would have them do. I said bring jobs back to American soil and provide raises for the current employees (instead of cutting their hours and benefits. I'm sure Larry Ellison of Oracle could survive on a little less than his current $263,000 a day.*)

Where do I recommend force?

Don't dodge this easy question, either. Answer it or STFU.

*Highest-paid executives: Larry Ellison, Oracle, Elon Musk, Tesla Motors, Marissa Mayer, Yahoo!, John Donahoe, eBay, John Hammergren, McKesson, Glenn Murphy, Gap Inc., John Watson, Chevron Corp., Marc Benioff, Salesforce.com, John Stumpf, Wells Fargo,

Use their profits to raise salaries and benefits... THAT is FORCE

If the company CHOOSES To pay the CEO tons and not raise salaries of employees.. that is THEIR CHOICE.. just as it is your CHOICE not to work there or use the products or services of that company
You sir, are all about force

Now.. back under your rock

In a free society... nobody should be forced to share any wealth or earning

Yes, and your road is paved in mud and ruts, and that ox cart gets 2 miles an hour. And when you are invaded by people who did share their wealth to have a well regulated army, you can still work as their slave and share everything. LMAO!:eusa_angel:

^ Maybe one of the dumbest things ever posted on the Internet

Maybe you don't comprehend what you read, or could be a case of con-denial attack.:eusa_shhh:

Sounds like we're seeing the first round of participation trophy kids that thinks they're entitled to some share of what everyone else has earned.

This should be fun.

Lets look at the concept of what the wealthy "earn"

Do they "earn" by producing a product that creates jobs, adds to our economy, boosts revenue and adds to GDP? Very few do

What they "earn" is by moving money from one place to another and exacting a profit on each transaction.

The wealthy do not gain wealth through sweat equity or their intellect....they gain wealth through the exercise of power. They have the power to determine where the money goes and how it will be used.

It is called "The Golden Rule"

"He who has the GOLD makes the rules"

take 11

The vast majority of Companies that moved jobs overseas hated doing it. And would rather bring the jobs home if they could.

Let me tell you a true story from a former CFO I knew.

His Company wanted to build a Factory in North Carolina.

They applied for the permit and had to get approval from the State EPA, the Federal EPA, County Zoning and make a deal with the Union. It was a Union Industry. No getting around it.

So they submit the plans to the County. Well, the County kicks them back and meanwhile, all the County Commissioners are running around trying to buy up land in or around the proposed building site so they can make a shitload of money.

Within a few weeks the building proposal hits the public and a group of fukking hippies suddenly swear they've seen an Eagle making a nest on the land. So the EPA comes in and proposes a study -- A ONE YEAR Study.

Then the Union starts making noises about how the proposed wages ($10 an hour to start back in 1995) were too low and they were going to file suit.

Then the State sends in an Environmental Engineer (oh yes there is) and she starts yapping about sheet flow and parking lots and other extraneous and stupid bullshit.

Then, some of the people in the area, regular people, get it in their heads that they might not want a factory nearby and file a suit. (they were just looking for a payoff)

Meanwhile, the Eagle's nest is yet to be determined and the EPA proposes an extra year of study because the dirty fucking hippies found an abandoned nest and moved it into a tree on the property while the County kicks the plans back again and the State wants them to do a study approved by an Environmental Engineering Firm on sheet flow and streams and bugs and ducks and stupid fukking hippies.

Know what the Company did?

They moved to China.

The area in NC lost around 5,000 jobs. China gained 10,000 jobs.

Know what happens in China when they want to build a Factory?

THEY BUILD A FUCKING FACTORY!!

Here? Forget it. Very difficult, very expensive.

I could go on and on but I won't.

Maybe someday, if you're nice, I'll explain how most factories in China worked at the time. And a lot of them still do. Maybe most.

Maybe I can explain it to you, since I handle project management for a dozen products manufactured in Shenzhen, Qingdao and Hong Kong.

Anecdotes are a dime a dozen. Stop blaming the EPA. Check out how the O&G industry has taken over the Delaware Valley in PA and NJ with thousands of natural gas wells drilled. No problems or interference. Lots of chemicals flowing into the Delaware River though.

We are not talking about some Cletus in North Carolina, we are talking about a nation of over 300,000,000 people.

Last edited:

This should be fun.

You do understand that "earned" doesn't mean "steal?":eusa_whistle:

They kept it?

Can you eat it?

Can you drink it?

Or don't think

The bulk of Romney's 2011 tax return was foreign business filings: "....266 of the 379 pages of Romney's 2011 taxes are about foreign corporations and partnerships""

What You Need to Know About Mitt Romney's 2011 Tax Return - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic

your point?
your media handed the election to Obama with the non-stop lying
So what does it matter where Mitt makes his wealth?
may have something to do with the tax code?

Forum List

Back