What should the wealthy do? Libs How should they be sharing there wealth?

Know why there's such a disparity between rich and poor?

Because there is the same, exact disparity between smart and stupid.

Yes, you people that are in here daily and bitching about how 'The Man' has kept you down on an hourly basis.....?

You're stupid.

Instead of bitching about how something is always someone else's fault, you could be spending your time doing something about your very own stupidity.

Actually almost all of the bitching and whining I hear on this board and in real life is from conservatives. "Oh, they want to take our guns away!" "We want a tax cut!" The budget deficit is always the fault of those "other people", never defense spending that generate obscene profits for contractors or tax cuts for the affluent.

I hear a lot of bitching and moaning in my work from small businessmen, but most of it I agree with. They complain about stupid regulations but they don't want to gut worker safety. It takes a big corporation that doesn't see its work force as real people to do that. My clients eat lunch with their employees.

And no, I don't mean getting an education. If those people had any brains, they wouldn't be putting up with numbskulls like you every day, grading your stupid papers and bouncing crybaby losers on their knee.

When I was teaching, the students were great, it was the committees I couldn't stand.
And yes, I went into private practice when I realized that teaching carried a vow of poverty.

And oh... I'm retired. In Florida. I paid my dues. I ain't rich, but I ain't crying either.

My offices are in Ft Walton Beach. Let me know if you are coming through and I'll buy you lunch.

Jamie

Oh my! So now you are telling us the evil corporations didn't move because of low wages? Good, lets get a living wage and benefits going in America again!!

Always nice to watch a con hang himself.............

Raising a wage floor does not bring people out of poverty.. it does not get business going...
You think the person with 4 years experience making $9.50 wants to make the same as the no experience slacker who gets suddenly raised to $11 an hour?? You think the entry level manager making $12 wants to only earn a dollar more an hour than his employees? You think the electrician apprentice who was making $11 an hour wants to now make the same as some fucking urinal scrubber?? When you raise that apprentice to say $17 an hour do you think his senior now wants to make the same as him?? The ripples spread... and you end up with the same people making the bottom wages with just a different number associated.. and you have prices that have increased in not only cost to consumer, but cost between companies.. and that leads to WHAT???? Less buying power, less money to pay employees, etc.... your 'living wage' myth is laughable
Prove it because it has been proven otherwise.

NO.. it has not been proven otherwise...

By raising a salary floor, unless you keep others at the bottom, the separations adjust themselves... and you are merely dealing with the same issue with different numbers attached to the levels...

You honestly think that if you raise a minimum wage, it has no ripples elsewhere in the business, economy, or in the workforce???

Laughable

Income disparity is a problem batted back and forth between Conservatives and Liberals like a shuttlecock. But the problem isn't merely a parlor game nor is it something easily dismissed as envy or resentment.

The actual problem leads to s lowing economy. If the wealth is held by the very few and the very many are not compensated adequately, there is less money flowing through the economy. Economic growth is defined as the exchange of capitol for goods and services. If those goods and services are outside the budgets of the majority, those goods and services will not be utilized and the exchange of capital stops.

When a CEO can run a business into the ditch and then get a bonus for doing so, the values have been warped to something unidentifiable as Capitalism. If the workers who are actually producing the wealth for the few are under compensated, there is less and less opportunity open for those workers because the flow of cash is so constricted.

Looking for a working paradigm for this disparity? Read the story of the goose that laid golden eggs.

As a conservative I believe in the free market
but
over paid CEOs I am 100% against
If one comes aboard and his bonus is tied to market value increase
fine
He has earned it

It's none of your business what the CEO of a company makes unless of course you own the company.

In a free society... nobody should be forced to share any wealth or earning

Yes, and your road is paved in mud and ruts, and that ox cart gets 2 miles an hour. And when you are invaded by people who did share their wealth to have a well regulated army, you can still work as their slave and share everything. LMAO!:eusa_angel:

So you consider taxes sharing?

Now that's funny.

The question to the liberal was simple
what would you have the Koch brothers do?
give there welath away?
Growth both in jobs and wealth comes from wealth

The larger Koch becoames the more thhere employees have the chance to grow

I read a joke where the Koch brothers have 12 cookies
take 11
give 1/2 of one to a Conservative
and then tell the same "look at that person on wellfare, he is trying to take half of your cookie"

What would you have them do?
Do you understand why I cannot ever become "rich"

How about if they just pay the same tax rate as me. I would be fine with that.
Everyone should pay the same flat rate on every dollar earned

You've finally come to your senses.

Yes, you people that are in here daily and bitching about how 'The Man' has kept you down on an hourly basis.....?

You're stupid.

Instead of bitching about how something is always someone else's fault, you could be spending your time doing something about your very own stupidity.

Actually almost all of the bitching and whining I hear on this board and in real life is from conservatives. "Oh, they want to take our guns away!" "We want a tax cut!" The budget deficit is always the fault of those "other people", never defense spending that generate obscene profits for contractors or tax cuts for the affluent.

I hear a lot of bitching and moaning in my work from small businessmen, but most of it I agree with. They complain about stupid regulations but they don't want to gut worker safety. It takes a big corporation that doesn't see its work force as real people to do that. My clients eat lunch with their employees.

And no, I don't mean getting an education. If those people had any brains, they wouldn't be putting up with numbskulls like you every day, grading your stupid papers and bouncing crybaby losers on their knee.

When I was teaching, the students were great, it was the committees I couldn't stand.
And yes, I went into private practice when I realized that teaching carried a vow of poverty.

And oh... I'm retired. In Florida. I paid my dues. I ain't rich, but I ain't crying either.

My offices are in Ft Walton Beach. Let me know if you are coming through and I'll buy you lunch.

Jamie

I use the 'Tough Love' approach.

I'm not sure it's working because, frankly, too many of them really are stupid.

I am sure as hell no Isaac Newton but I'm smart enough to listen to people smarter than me.

Government and Unions are killing this Country.

It's not any more complicated than that.

Turn the Business Leaders of this Country loose and the growth would be off the scale.

Should we confiscate their money? Of course not

But why does our country continue programs that encourage the wealthy to protect and accumulate more wealth?

Since the early 1980s we have been embracing supply side economic policies that direct money at the top of the economic food chain with a promise that these policies will stimulate the economy and the wealth will trickle down in the form of jobs and prosperity for all

What have the wealthy done with all this money? They kept it

They kept it?

To do what with it? Can you sleep with money?

Can you eat it?

Can you jump in your money and drive around town in it?

Can you drink it?

Can you kiss it or have it kiss you back?

Can you stick up your ass and whistle Dixie with it?

I just don't understand how some people think.

Or don't think

Ask Mitt Romney how he keeps his money

Hint: It doesn't involve hiring millions of Americans

No it involves investing it in companies that do.

Tell me if you keep a million in the bank what does the bank do with that money?
If you invest a million in a company stock what does the company do with that money?

In his little-boy way, he's trying to say that the E-VUL American Companies moved to China for the low wages.

Which is a load of bullshit.

They moved to China for the very reasons I noted -- Government interference and regulations and Unions.

Got nothing to do with the cost of Labor, which is negligible in today's world

Oh my! So now you are telling us the evil corporations didn't move because of low wages? Good, lets get a living wage and benefits going in America again!!

Always nice to watch a con hang himself.............

Raising a wage floor does not bring people out of poverty.. it does not get business going...

Oooops!! Wallyland vs. Costco says you are lying. A living wage certainly does bring a person out of poverty, thats why they call it a living wage!! LMAO!!!

You think the person with 4 years experience making $9.50 wants to make the same as the no experience slacker who gets suddenly raised to $11 an hour?? You think the entry level manager making $12 wants to only earn a dollar more an hour than his employees? You think the electrician apprentice who was making $11 an hour wants to now make the same as some fucking urinal scrubber?? When you raise that apprentice to say $17 an hour do you think his senior now wants to make the same as him?? The ripples spread... and you end up with the same people making the bottom wages with just a different number associated.. and you have prices that have increased in not only cost to consumer, but cost between companies.. and that leads to WHAT???? Less buying power, less money to pay employees, etc.... your 'living wage' myth is laughable

Oh my!! So many psychological questions, ..... did you really want them answered, or are you just venting? lol! Yes indeed, low wage-no benefits make you pay more taxes to supplement the worker for the corporations knocking down millions-billions in profits. Hell, if you don't mind paying more taxes to give them a livingwage and benefits, then just keep thinking like you are!!!:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
In a free society... nobody should be forced to share any wealth or earning

Yes, and your road is paved in mud and ruts, and that ox cart gets 2 miles an hour. And when you are invaded by people who did share their wealth to have a well regulated army, you can still work as their slave and share everything. LMAO!:eusa_angel:

Now that's funny.

If you don't, you got a screw loose about how tax dollars are re-distributed. Obama calls it spreading it around, what the hell do you call it?:cuckoo:

Our Founders were very concerned about too much wealth being concentrated in the hands of the few. Thomas Jefferson in particular, which is why he advocated a progressive tax system and the elimination of primogeniture.

Folks, there is natural wealth inequality and there is unnatural wealth inequality.

Natural wealth inequality occurs when someone invents a better mousetrap or music delivery device. The world beats a path to their door and they become fabulously rich. And there is not a damn thing wrong with that.

Unnatural wealth occurs when the government legislatively tilts the economic playing field to the advantage of a few, and further protects them when they mess up or commit crimes. The Wall Street derivatives bubble and subsequent fraud is a textbook example. Our federal government aided and abetted these crimes, and continues to do so. Our homes are being robbed in broad daylight, and the crooks are receiving police protection. On the few occasions their crimes come to light, they crooks are fined a small amount, no one goes to jail, and they get to keep your stuff.

40 percent of all corporate profit in the United States is now being made by the financial sector.

Think about that. 40 percent. Of all profits. Wall Street.

There's your unnatural concentration of wealth, people. Staring you in the face. That's YOUR money in their pockets. Not kidding. YOUR money, which was gained by dishonest means, not by making a better mousetrap.

Our government is owned. Totally owned. By Wall Street. Republican and Democrat.

So how does it make a lick of sense to tax the guy who invented the better mousetrap more in a misguided attempt to mitigate the unnatural concentration of wealth? Huh? Huh?

That's a copout. It is the intellectually lazy way out. It is surrendering.

We have to go after the crooks, not the people who earned their money. Don't be a fucking asshole and demand the guy who lives in a bigger house than you pay more. That won't solve anything. The crooks are laughing their asses off at your gullibility and stupidity.

Start paying attention to legislation. Start reading it. You would be amazed at the cooperation between the crooks and the politicians that is going on. It is out in the wide open, but most people are too fucking lazy to take the time.

They have all day to bitch about ALL rich people, it seems. But not enough intellectual weight to do the hard work to fix the real problems.

I generally agree here.

Would you see Gold and Silver as an alternative PARALLEL currency to Federal Reserve Notes as a solution? I mean this in the most literal sense. No reserve banking on the Gold and Silver, no paper representation of those committees, you have to actually carry them on your person or store the bulk of it somewhere, be it your house or a bank.

Last edited:

Now that's funny.

If you don't, you got a screw loose about how tax dollars are re-distributed. Obama calls it spreading it around, what the hell do you call it?:cuckoo:

Hint being forced to hand your money over via threat of seizure of property or imprisonment is not sharing.

Idiot.

Our Founders were very concerned about too much wealth being concentrated in the hands of the few. Thomas Jefferson in particular, which is why he advocated a progressive tax system and the elimination of primogeniture.

Folks, there is natural wealth inequality and there is unnatural wealth inequality.

Natural wealth inequality occurs when someone invents a better mousetrap or music delivery device. The world beats a path to their door and they become fabulously rich. And there is not a damn thing wrong with that.

Unnatural wealth occurs when the government legislatively tilts the economic playing field to the advantage of a few, and further protects them when they mess up or commit crimes. The Wall Street derivatives bubble and subsequent fraud is a textbook example. Our federal government aided and abetted these crimes, and continues to do so. Our homes are being robbed in broad daylight, and the crooks are receiving police protection. On the few occasions their crimes come to light, they crooks are fined a small amount, no one goes to jail, and they get to keep your stuff.

40 percent of all corporate profit in the United States is now being made by the financial sector.

There's your unnatural concentration of wealth, people. Staring you in the face. That's YOUR money in their pockets. Not kidding. YOUR money, which was gained by dishonest means, not by making a better mousetrap.

Our government is owned. Totally owned. By Wall Street. Republican and Democrat.

So how does it make a lick of sense to tax the guy who invented the better mousetrap more in a misguided attempt to mitigate the unnatural concentration of wealth? Huh? Huh?

We have to go after the crooks, not the people who earned their money. Don't be a fucking asshole and demand the guy who lives in a bigger house than you pay more. That won't solve anything. The crooks are laughing their asses off at your gullibility and stupidity.

Start paying attention to legislation. Start reading it. You would be amazed at the cooperation between the crooks and the politicians that is going on. It is out in the wide open, but most people are too fucking lazy to take the time.

They have all day to bitch about ALL rich people, it seems. But not enough intellectual weight to do the hard work to fix the real problems.

I generally agree here.

Would you see Gold and Silver as an alternative PARALLEL currency to Federal Reserve Notes as a solution? I mean this in the most literal sense. No reserve banking on the Gold and Silver, no paper representation of those committees, you have to actually carry them on your person or store the bulk of it somewhere, be it your house or a bank.

except you are limited to the amount of metal in the Earth that is available for use.

You're stupid.

Jamie

I use the 'Tough Love' approach.

I'm not sure it's working because, frankly, too many of them really are stupid.

I am sure as hell no Isaac Newton but I'm smart enough to listen to people smarter than me.

Government and Unions are killing this Country.

It's not any more complicated than that.

Turn the Business Leaders of this Country loose and the growth would be off the scale.

Hmm, how are unions ruining this country? I am sure you have an intelligent response coming, and I would love hearing all about it.:eusa_angel:

We turned the business leaders loose. ie. Wall Street. 1 Trillion, banks 1 trillion, two wars in the ME to cradle-grave corporations. Now tell me again how turning business loose from WHAT is going to help the American economy? I assume you want a corrupt business model of some kind, low wages and low taxes,........like Mexico has? Maybe you can point out this utopian model in existence somewhere in the World?:eusa_whistle:

Not sure what your point is here
The O&G industry has taken nothing over
private citizens are making wealth off of the resouces found on there lans
then comes the employee who makes close to 6 figures a year in the industry
what would you think we should do for a job?
growth?
a real economy?

In his little-boy way, he's trying to say that the E-VUL American Companies moved to China for the low wages.

Which is a load of bullshit.

They moved to China for the very reasons I noted -- Government interference and regulations and Unions.

Got nothing to do with the cost of Labor, which is negligible in today's world

Now that's laughable. I can tell you that, for example, I wired $49 for a tri-fold/6 full color panels, die cut custom-designed full color brochure, 5000 units, included shipping to Kowloon from Shenzhen. This is something you can't order over the internet.

Want to match that here in the States? Let me help you: $1028.00, shipping to Kowloon port not included

It was and is ALL about the cost of materials and labor.

And I received an interesting tip from a eyeglass wear logistics friend in NYC: China is having major troubles getting raw resources into the country and so for the foreseeable future, their plastic products are going to be even worse than usual.

Last edited:

When Clinton repealed Glass Steagal it was party time on Wall Street.

Sounds like we're seeing the first round of participation trophy kids that thinks they're entitled to some share of what everyone else has earned.

This should be fun.

Lets look at the concept of what the wealthy "earn"

Do they "earn" by producing a product that creates jobs, adds to our economy, boosts revenue and adds to GDP? Very few do

What they "earn" is by moving money from one place to another and exacting a profit on each transaction.

The wealthy do not gain wealth through sweat equity or their intellect....they gain wealth through the exercise of power. They have the power to determine where the money goes and how it will be used.

It is called "The Golden Rule"

"He who has the GOLD makes the rules"

You're just green with envy aren't you?

:lol:

Forum List

Back