What should the wealthy do? Libs How should they be sharing there wealth?

Cons will never understand capitalism.:eusa_angel:

they understand capitalism as well as anyone else.....there is just to much greed going around.....

and what is wrong with greed?
Greed robs others of earnings. Greed concentrates too much wealth in the hands of people who a) did not earn that wealth, but accumulated it by deception fraud and crime and b) eliminates opportunity for those who have a stronger view of ethics and morality by wiping away wealth by greed.

And St. Thomas Aquinas had something to say about greed that is as true today as it was 1,000 years ago.

they understand capitalism as well as anyone else.....there is just to much greed going around.....

Greed robs others of earnings. Greed concentrates too much wealth in the hands of people who a) did not earn that wealth, but accumulated it by deception fraud and crime and b) eliminates opportunity for those who have a stronger view of ethics and morality by wiping away wealth by greed.

And St. Thomas Aquinas had something to say about greed that is as true today as it was 1,000 years ago.

Greed does not rob anyone of anything... it only robs from them if there is a crime behind the greed... while we may agree being 'greedy' is not always a good thing, it is not illegal

And being 'greedy' does not mean one did not earn their wealth...

Greed does not rob anyone of anything... it only robs from them if there is a crime behind the greed... while we may agree being 'greedy' is not always a good thing, it is not illegal

The greedy will do what they must to ensure their wealth. They will engage in price fixing, crushing smaller entrepreneurs, gouging consumers and eliminating competition that drives the marketplace.

For all the "free marketers" out there, how on earth can you justify greed as a good thing? Greed squashes the marketplace, it does nothing to preserve it.

The greedy will do what they must to ensure their wealth. They will engage in price fixing, crushing smaller entrepreneurs, gouging consumers and eliminating competition that drives the marketplace.

For all the "free marketers" out there, how on earth can you justify greed as a good thing? Greed squashes the marketplace, it does nothing to preserve it.

One cannot be greedy or miserly within the law??
Again.. greed does not inherently rob anyone from anything..

While I personally do not agree with the actions of the greedy, being greedy does not inherently mean what you claim it to mean.. nor does it inherently lead to what you say it does

While I personally do not agree with the actions of the greedy, being greedy does not inherently mean what you claim it to mean.. nor does it inherently lead to what you say it does
Are you selling greed as a virtue? In my faith it is considered a cardinal sin.

I thought you are for separation of Church and state :D

Greed does not rob anybody of anything, except the greedy person might be robbed off salvation, but that is none of your business, right?

See bolded...

idiot

I can build a house and sell it for a profit. I can build and sell 50 houses and make enough profit to support a family. So if I decide to build 100 houses instead and make way more profit than I need, am I being greedy? Is that a bad thing? 100 families were able to buy houses instead of 50.

But what if the law alllowed me to buy fire insurance against a house I just built? Imagine if I can buy insurance for $10 and receive $200,000 if the house burns down. First, I build a really, really shitty house. Then I sell it for profit to some rube. Then spend ten bucks on insurance and collect 200 grand when it burns to the ground.

Is that greed? Is that a bad thing?

You understand the difference?

The former is what honest people do. The latter is what Wall Street is doing.

Greed does not rob anybody of anything, except the greedy person might be robbed off salvation, but that is none of your business, right?
Can you describe the virtues of greed? Can you lay out a case for greed as a beneficial component of the free market system? Can you describe how a greedy executive benefits the company he is employed by? What is virtuous about taking more money for yourself while those in your employ are suffering in the balance?

See bolded...

idiot
gee! Thanks for calling me an idiot! I hardly deserved that. But the petulant who turn blind eyes to greed and the ill-effects of that sin are usually hot headed types incapable of dialogue and tied too strongly to repressive politics.

See bolded...

idiot
gee! Thanks for calling me an idiot! I hardly deserved that. But the petulant who turn blind eyes to greed and the ill-effects of that sin are usually hot headed types incapable of dialogue and tied too strongly to repressive politics.

Actually you did... you asked a question about my stance while quoting the very post with my stance in it

That is indeed being an idiot

They should pay a higher percentage in taxes than those less fortunate, not 17% in all taxes and fees when the middle class pays 24%. When taxes are cut on the federal level, state and local taxes and fees go up and hurt the less fortunate much more. The biotch about voodoo.

I can build a house and sell it for a profit. I can build and sell 50 houses and make enough profit to support a family. So if I decide to build 100 houses instead and make way more profit than I need, am I being greedy? Is that a bad thing? 100 families were able to buy houses instead of 50.

But what if the law alllowed me to buy fire insurance against a house I just built? Imagine if I can buy insurance for $10 and receive $200,000 if the house burns down. First, I build a really, really shitty house. Then I sell it for profit to some rube. Then spend ten bucks on insurance and collect 200 grand when it burns to the ground.

It's not the law that prevents you from buying insurance on a house you don't own, it's the insurance company. Their "greed" motivates them to prevent you from scamming them.

Can you describe the virtues of greed? Can you lay out a case for greed as a beneficial component of the free market system? Can you describe how a greedy executive benefits the company he is employed by? What is virtuous about taking more money for yourself while those in your employ are suffering in the balance?

I gave an example above of the virtues of honest greed.

A housebuilder can stop building houses when he has made enough to live on, but then that would mean less houses get built. Less families in homes.

Or he can go for the gusto and build a lot more houses. More families in homes and he gets a Cadillac Escalade.

Last edited:
They should pay a higher percentage in taxes than those less fortunate, not 17% in all taxes and fees when the middle class pays 24%. When taxes are cut on the federal level, state and local taxes and fees go up and hurt the less fortunate much more. The biotch about voodoo.

1) Nobody should be without paying income tax if they earn even $1
2) Nobody should be paying any higher rate than any other.. so I am actually one for capital gains being taxed as income...
3) In the current structure, if you have capital gains as a middle class person, you pay the same rate as the rich person with capital gains... in earned income/wages, the rich pay MUCH more

It's not the law that prevents you from buying insurance on a house you don't own, it's the insurance company. Their "greed" motivates them to prevent you from scamming them.

No, it's the law. You cannot buy fire insurance on a house without an insurable interest. That's the law.

But on Wall Street you can buy all the CDS on all the financial products you want, regardless of whether or not you have an insurable interest.

You can build a shitty CDO, sell it to the rubes who run 401k funds or pension funds, then bet on that CDO burning down.

Last edited:

A housebuilder can stop building houses when he has made enough to live on, but then that would mean less houses get built. Less families in homes.

Or he can go for the gusto and build a lot more houses. More families in homes and he gets a Cadillac Escalade.
Success and initiative are not attributes exclusive to the greedy. The greedy will cut corners, slash wages, erode benefit packages negotiated in good faith, ignore environmental safeguards, ignore workplace safety practices, form phony companies to hide liability all in an effort to enrich himself.

Why should I?
If you do not know by now that greed is the main engine behind invention and progress you won't believe it anyway :rolleyes:

Success and initiative are not attributes exclusive to the greedy. The greedy will cut corners, slash wages, erode benefit packages negotiated in good faith, ignore environmental safeguards, ignore workplace safety practices, form phony companies to hide liability all in an effort to enrich himself.

You are attributing criminal behavior to all successful people. You are therefore being bigoted. See my sig.

This attitude is used to justify stealing more money from the wealthy. It's class envy dressed up in the Sunday best of "social justice" garb.

Last edited:

Franco, the only fair tax is one where everybody pays in the same amount and government is forced to live within the means of what they receive. That means the can man at the bottom sets the amount of tax each person in the nation will pay yearly, and everybody will pay it, and that is the end of it. All these gimicks of deductions, expenses, BS!!!.......is wrong and completely unnecessary. This method also ensures a downsized military and elimination of most social programs and government departments of regulations. Let states do as they please in the tax business to run their states.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back