What should the wealthy do? Libs How should they be sharing there wealth?

Oh they work harder than me do they? How hard do I work then?

I've been exposed to a lot of executives and many aren't all that hard working. I know many people working harder for far less.

Ok, I believe you work hard, sorry for the wrong assumption.
What executives where have you "been exposed" to and under what circumstances?
Do you own the companies they work for? Do you own any stock in those companies?
If not it is none of your business.

Many of them are relatives of important people. So they are pushed to the top without really deserving it. It's counter to your idea that all top executives work harder than everyone else. Doesn't matter if its my business.

BS, that is what someone told you.
Every publicly held company out there does not operate making a profit with "relatives of important people" running the company.
That is a bunch of bullshit. If you believe that you have no business in this discussion.

Amazing isn't it that someone in another country learns how to speak English and does the tech support as good or better than an American?

I've dealt with American tech support and I've dealt with tech support in India. There is absolutely no comparison. The American guy was on the phone with me for an hour, solved all of my technical problems, walked me throught the fixes and got my computer working better than it had before.

Tech support from India was clueless. They were unable to go past a set of rote questions and could not think quickly outside of the list of rote fixes they suggested. They were more interested in selling me services I didn't currently have than in solving my problems. I have tech support in India solve my problem or provide me with any useful information.

Bell Canada was forced to bring their technical support back to Canada because people were both disgusted that they sent these jobs overseas, and they were named as the "worst service" in Canada because of it.

You're dealing with people for whom English is a second language, and who have difficulty thinking outside the box in a second language. Half the time, they don't even know whath you've asked. They were hired because they speak English and could read the sheets provided to them. When faced with problems their lists can't solve, they have nothing for you.

I agree.
"Where are you located" was the question last week when I had a flat tire in Lake City Florida on I-75 when the Dawg was coming back to Ga.and I called my AARP roadside service #.
"I am in India" was the answer. I told her to enjoy her rice and curry lunch, hung up and called the 800 # again.
"Where are you located" was the question to the next woman that answered the call.
"Austin Texas"
Good, I dealt with her. Happens that way most of the time as they have rotating customer service all over the world.
Call back and get someone you can talk to.
If not then WALK WITH YOUR WALLET AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE.
We all have a choice, chose with your wallet.

Who sets the pay for executives?
Ever heard of stock holders?
Most of them middle class.
Quit the hatin on people that have worked harder than you.

Again, another conservative proves he is ignorant of how corporations are run.

Stock holders do NOT establish executive pay. That is done by the Board of Directors. These are executives of other large corporations whose compensation is similarly established by their own companies B of D's. The salaries have little if anything to do with performance, and everything to do with CEO's scratching each others' backs by raising compensation levels for themselves and their peers. When they vote one another raises, they are ensuring their own pay levels rise.

Steve Jobs is a really poor example to use. Jobs was a singular visionary, the kind of person we might see once in a century, and as such, he was essential to Apple's success. But it should be remembered that he was also fired by the Board of Directors of Apple because he was difficult and demanding, and ran his division of Apple as a "pirate entity". It has been said that Jobs was a great visionary, but a poor businessman.

By the time Jobs returned to Apple, he had learned more about business and subsequently said getting fired was the best thing that happened to him.

I am by no means wealthy, or even remotely close to it. But I think that if you are wealthy via earning such wealth, you are not obligated to share your wealth with others. However, I do believe that the wealthy should not have tax loopholes. All people should pay a fixed percentage of their income toward taxes, not to exceed twenty percent.

Stock holders do NOT establish executive pay. That is done by the Board of Directors. These are executives of other large corporations whose compensation is similarly established by their own companies B of D's. The salaries have little if anything to do with performance, and everything to do with CEO's scratching each others' backs by raising compensation levels for themselves and their peers. When they vote one another raises, they are ensuring their own pay levels rise.

Steve Jobs is a really poor example to use. Jobs was a singular visionary, the kind of person we might see once in a century, and as such, he was essential to Apple's success. But it should be remembered that he was also fired by the Board of Directors of Apple because he was difficult and demanding, and ran his division of Apple as a "pirate entity". It has been said that Jobs was a great visionary, but a poor businessman.

By the time Jobs returned to Apple, he had learned more about business and subsequently said getting fired was the best thing that happened to him.

Uh, maam, I OWN 3 CORPORATIONS.
Uh, hate to tell you there lady but the Board of Directors IS ELECTED BY THE STOCK HOLDERS
Something about THE LAW.
Put brain in gear before mouth in motion next time.

I am by no means wealthy, or even remotely close to it. But I think that if you are wealthy via earning such wealth, you are not obligated to share your wealth with others. However, I do believe that the wealthy should not have tax loopholes. All people should pay a fixed percentage of their income toward taxes, not to exceed twenty percent.

I agree and the FAIR TAX eliminates ALL LOOPHOLES
Nancy Pelosi and the wealthy Democrats in Congress OPPOSE any changes to the tax code and their loop holes.
Same with all Democrats that are rich.

"salaries have little to do with performance"
Lil o Lady says.
MOST CORPORATE PAY IS STOCK OPTIONS BASED ON PERFORMANCE ONLY.
Wow, amazing the ignorance of the left.

Uh, hate to tell you there lady but the Board of Directors IS ELECTED BY THE STOCK HOLDERS
Something about THE LAW.

Hey dude, as a stock holder of three corporations that send me proxy voting cards for board of director selections, I can tell you that the vast majority of stock holders that vote, vote a straight ticket based on the recommendations of the committee responsible for selecting potential board members.

Like the fact stock holders vote is some sort of big deal. The only time the selections run into a problem is IF a big BIG BIG stock holder has some sort of issue to raise. Usually the voting is a formality. To satisfy corporate law.

Of course small corporations (you maybe) typically fill their board positions with family and loyal friends and there may be only a handful of stock holders.. Tough to get elected to the board then eh?

I thought you knew this shit?

I ask 1 simple question
how much was Steve Jobs worth to Apple stock holders?
sense his death there stock has went from 600+ to 450- per share
billions of dollars gone

Ron Johnson got over 50 million in like 18 months to fail miserably at JCP.

ANd he should have gotten squat
that is JCp fault
not yours
not mine
and the only people it effects are the stock holders

again what was Steve Jobs worth?
I have no issue with huge performance tied rewards
I also think the chance of hiring a Steve Jobs (risk) comes with the idea that how much will it take to bring that persons team to your corporation
remeber that 50 million is 1% of 5 billion
think about it
therre market cap alone is 3.5 billion
that is what 2%?
JCP Stock Price Today - J.C. Penney Co. Inc. Stock Quote - WSJ.com
when you hire some-one like that your getting the entire team and it is a risk/reward
that the share-holders felt it was worth taking
most of that wealth comes from investors/stock holders

Last edited:
Ok, I believe you work hard, sorry for the wrong assumption.
What executives where have you "been exposed" to and under what circumstances?
Do you own the companies they work for? Do you own any stock in those companies?
If not it is none of your business.

Many of them are relatives of important people. So they are pushed to the top without really deserving it. It's counter to your idea that all top executives work harder than everyone else. Doesn't matter if its my business.

BS, that is what someone told you.
Every publicly held company out there does not operate making a profit with "relatives of important people" running the company.
That is a bunch of bullshit. If you believe that you have no business in this discussion.

Private companies don't have executives?

Something about THE LAW.

How many companies have you worked for?

just a question where are all these liberal corporations?

Something about THE LAW.

Hey dude, as a stock holder of three corporations that send me proxy voting cards for board of director selections, I can tell you that the vast majority of stock holders that vote, vote a straight ticket based on the recommendations of the committee responsible for selecting potential board members.

Like the fact stock holders vote is some sort of big deal. The only time the selections run into a problem is IF a big BIG BIG stock holder has some sort of issue to raise. Usually the voting is a formality. To satisfy corporate law.

Of course small corporations (you maybe) typically fill their board positions with family and loyal friends and there may be only a handful of stock holders.. Tough to get elected to the board then eh?

How is it my fault that you are a dumbass voting straight proxy?

Something about THE LAW.

Am a consultant for dozens of them and sit on the board on a few.

Something about THE LAW.

Wrong, no small corporations fill their boards with anyone other than experienced professionals that help the corporation MAKE A PROFIT for the shareholders.
What else other than the profit motive keeps a corporation OUT OF BANKRUPTCY?
Specifics please, the rank hearsay cocktail hour catch phrases are getting quite old here.
Thank you.

Small corporations have much stricter criteria for their board members than large ones.
They are held closer to the vest so to speak and the bar that the banks put on us is so high our disclosure of performance PROHIBITS US from putting brother in laws and relatives on the board, even though we do not do that anyway.
Amazing the ignorance here. The regulations and rules we small corporate people have to go by these days just to borrow one cent are tremendous.
You fools live in the past. I have been in business for 31 years and NEVER have the banks or the shareholders allowed us one ounce of independent freedom in board appointments. And that is the way it should be. They keep us on our toes.

Something about THE LAW.

So have you ever really worked for one? You keep mentioning you own 3 corporations, but that makes me curious what else you've done.

So have you ever really worked for one? You keep mentioning you own 3 corporations, but that makes me curious what else you've done.

High school grad 1972
4 years undergraduate
Grad school
Repo and Bail bounty work 1978-1980
Law firm work in house investigator 1980-82
Licensed private detective 1982 - present
Corporation entity 1985 other business
Corporation PI agency 1985
In house corporate intelligence 1986 - 2 other corporations that I had an interest in.
Sold those interests 1992.
1993 worked for major world wide corporation Atlanta based corporate intelligence
1995-2001 worked for professional sports franchise in house pre draft intelligence
2002 corporate interest owner to date
2008 corporate interest owner to date
2007 to date consultant major national banks
2007 to date Board member 2 corporate entities in the due diligence per FDIC bank reorganization plans.
Numerous other corporate consultant and BOD relationships.

Forum List

Back