CDZ What should we do?

What should we do?

• Demand Trump end this issue with a mere stroke of his pen

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Demand Congress pass legislation to solve this issue

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
COLD FEET eh , But to the original question , continue with the Separation policy . It is working at Slowing importeds because they are hesitant and scared of being separated .

Why do you think these kids came here alone?

If Trump had a heart, let alone a political brain, he would have sent judges to the border to hear asylum cases. At the very least he should permit asylum seekers to actually ask for asylum nefore branding them as 'criminals'. We could detain the parents alongside their children thus alleviating the separation trauma unnecessary to enforce the law.

By being as,cruel as possible, he is telling his shrinking base that, yes indeed, he is tough on border security. Should congress, rightfully, deny him the money for his wall (remember how Mexico was going to pay for it?) at least Trump could still strut and blame congress and Democrats and anyone else he wants to blame. After all, he and his supporters think he is infallible and they all need someone to blame.

Did these children come here alone? Have you been asleep for a week?

Of the 12000 being detained, 10000 indeed, crossed the boarder ALONE.
Link? Make a claim like that, specify

Sure:

Link: Kirstjen Nielsen Addresses Families Separation at Border: Full Transcript

"NIELSEN: So I want to be clear on a couple of other things. The vast majority, vast, vast majority of children who are in the care of H.H.S. right now — 10,000 of the 12,000 — were sent here alone by their parents. That is when they were separated. So somehow we’ve conflated everything. But there is two separate issues. 10,000 of those currently in custody were sent by their parents with strangers to undertake a completely dangerous and deadly travel alone."

Note: "sent by their parents with strangers"

Good enough?
She's the one who didn't know where the girls and the toddlers are. And she's the one Trump took to the woodshed via twitter because he thought she was not nearly tough enough on people at the border.

I have reason to doubt her veracity.

Do you need the photo's of the unaccompanied minors, or those news stories?
I'd love to see photos of the children inside the prisons. I wonder why we cannot see photos of the girls and the toddlers. I wonder why the only documentation we have seen is supplied by the Trump administration. And I wonder why, given the fact that all these images are controlled by this administration, Trump says the media is cherry picking photos that make him look bad. I wonder why he thinks photos are making him look bad while it is, in fact, his policy that is making him look bad.

I wonder why those who support this unnecessary cruelty is a winning policy. I wonder why those folks have shelved their morality to support Trump.

This child separation issue is getting on my nerves, not only the imagery, but the game of political football going on. On one hand, I can't help but have sympathy for the children at the center of this debacle. I can't help but feel great anger towards the parents who chose to send their children thousands of miles north from Central America to the southern border, alone. On the other hand I want the law to be enforced. Sympathy should simply take a back seat. I find this conundrum troubling because both sides make valid points. This whole thing feels wrong to me.

So, what should be done?

If Trump had a heart, let alone a political brain, he would have sent judges to the border to hear asylum cases. At the very least he should permit asylum seekers to actually ask for asylum nefore branding them as 'criminals'. We could detain the parents alongside their children thus alleviating the separation trauma unnecessary to enforce the law.

By being as,cruel as possible, he is telling his shrinking base that, yes indeed, he is tough on border security. Should congress, rightfully, deny him the money for his wall (remember how Mexico was going to pay for it?) at least Trump could still strut and blame congress and Democrats and anyone else he wants to blame. After all, he and his supporters think he is infallible and they all need someone to blame.

Brainwashed.
I guess to some there is only virtue in this policy. I wonder if those who believe this were ever truly virtuous at all.

Sure:

"NIELSEN: So I want to be clear on a couple of other things. The vast majority, vast, vast majority of children who are in the care of H.H.S. right now — 10,000 of the 12,000 — were sent here alone by their parents. That is when they were separated. So somehow we’ve conflated everything. But there is two separate issues. 10,000 of those currently in custody were sent by their parents with strangers to undertake a completely dangerous and deadly travel alone."

Good enough?
She's the one who didn't know where the girls and the toddlers are. And she's the one Trump took to the woodshed via twitter because he thought she was not nearly tough enough on people at the border.

I'd love to see photos of the children inside the prisons. I wonder why we cannot see photos of the girls and the toddlers. I wonder why the only documentation we have seen is supplied by the Trump administration. And I wonder why, given the fact that all these images are controlled by this administration, Trump says the media is cherry picking photos that make him look bad. I wonder why he thinks photos are making him look bad while it is, in fact, his policy that is making him look bad.

I wonder why those who support this unnecessary cruelty is a winning policy. I wonder why those folks have shelved their morality to support Trump.

Will the Huffington post work for you? Or after reading it are you going to scream TRUMP!

Unaccompanied Minors Flow Out Of Central America Under Weak Border Enforcement | HuffPost

Or how about an article from the WAPO? Of course, this was from the Obama days:

Obama calls surge of children across U.S.-Mexican border ‘urgent humanitarian situation’

Amazing stuff

This child separation issue is getting on my nerves, not only the imagery, but the game of political football going on. On one hand, I can't help but have sympathy for the children at the center of this debacle. I can't help but feel great anger towards the parents who chose to send their children thousands of miles north from Central America to the southern border, alone. On the other hand I want the law to be enforced. Sympathy should simply take a back seat. I find this conundrum troubling because both sides make valid points. This whole thing feels wrong to me.

So, what should be done?

Brainwashed.
I guess to some there is only virtue in this policy. I wonder if those who believe this were ever truly virtuous at all.

You didn't see me protesting when Obama did it, did ya?

Sure:

Good enough?

Will the Huffington post work for you? Or after reading it are you going to scream TRUMP!

Unaccompanied Minors Flow Out Of Central America Under Weak Border Enforcement | HuffPost

Obama calls surge of children across U.S.-Mexican border ‘urgent humanitarian situation’

Amazing stuff
Stories from two or three years ago. Long before Trump's zero tolerance policy was enacted in April.

So, what should be done?

Brainwashed.

You didn't see me protesting when Obama did it, did ya?
Q.E.D.

Sure:

Good enough?

Amazing stuff
Stories from two or three years ago. Long before Trump's zero tolerance policy was enacted in April.

Funny, BUT WHILE OBAMA WAS THE PREZ!

Where was your outrage!

I was in favor then and now

At least I am consistent

So, what should be done?

Regressive liberal ROE

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies. Smoke spin deflect

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence, Age

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

6c. attack their rationality.

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card/misogynist card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist/bigot card

11. Make up stuff/So you got nothing?

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand, playing ignorant/what did I lie about

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

16. Russia

17. Fox News/Alex Jones/Brietbart/infowars/Stormfront/Gateway/hannity

18. You can’t read.

19. Trump Trump Trump TrumpTrump Trump
Project much?
libwits behavior is well documented no matter how much you pretend otherwise.

Regressive liberal ROE

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence, Age

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

9. Play gay/lesbian card

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

16. Russia

18. You can’t read.

Project much?
Does your response meet #5 or #15 or both?

Regressive liberal ROE

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

9. Play gay/lesbian card

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

16. Russia

18. You can’t read.

Project much?
Stating proven fact. You smoke and spin all you want.

Regressive liberal ROE

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

9. Play gay/lesbian card

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

16. Russia

18. You can’t read.

Project much?
Stating proven fact. You smoke and spin all you want.
#2, #3, #6, #12 & #14.

So, what should be done?
Well, it helps to ignore the false narrative being put forth by the Democrats and the MSM. They are simply trying to detract from anything positive about Trump like the North Korea summit and the IG report. It also helps to separate out the fact from the myths and you won't get that from the "resistance". They want their political power back and will do anything to get it. Anything.

Myth vs. Fact: DHS Zero-Tolerance Policy

Edited to add, this is a Congressional problem. I watched the Sunday talk shows last Sunday and all of the Congress critters repeated the same old shit that this is a very complicated issue that takes a lot of study. Of course, they were saying the same thing 10 years and more ago. They aren't studying the issue. They have no desire to resolve it. It is a tool in their arsenal to beat each other with. Obama kept saying he wasn't a king and couldn't just decree something.....until he did. The POTUS is the chief law enforcement of the nation. His job is to enforce the laws that Congress passes. They won't change the law. If they would do their job, he would sign the law and enforce it. But they won't. He will keep the pressure on by enforcing the laws as written until Congress sticks a tampon in and does their job.

Last edited:
Republicans hold the house, senate, and presidency. They can end this anytime they want. That's the truth.
True, but it's a matter if Democratic cooperation. Even if the Republicans did something, the Democrats would more than likely not cooperate. That shows how very little they care about solving this issue.

So, what should be done?

What should be done?

Raise taxes. That solves everything.

Hence, the tariffs.

I've stated possible solutions and just keep getting told I support open borders.

Curious you said this in the post Mac linked to.

But then you said this yesterday. Can you explain the inconsistency?

IMO...illegal immigration is so dangerous and risky that people would have to be pretty desperate to take that risk. So yes I have sympathy for them. That means open borders but it means every human should be treated with basic respect and dignity. They aren't vermin they are people.

So do you or don't you? You seem to confirm the criticism of those who insist you advocate for open borders.
Argh it is s typo and autocorrect from my phone....i hate using my phone. It should be "that does not mean open borders".

Well... the least popular option won. Trump is going to sign an executive order to put a stop to the separations.

Figures congress wouldn't act.

See that can? See how far they kicked it? Must be a world record.

I've stated possible solutions and just keep getting told I support open borders.

Curious you said this in the post Mac linked to.

But then you said this yesterday. Can you explain the inconsistency?

IMO...illegal immigration is so dangerous and risky that people would have to be pretty desperate to take that risk. So yes I have sympathy for them. That means open borders but it means every human should be treated with basic respect and dignity. They aren't vermin they are people.

So do you or don't you? You seem to confirm the criticism of those who insist you advocate for open borders.
Argh it is s typo and autocorrect from my phone....i hate using my phone. It should be "that does not mean open borders".

You clarified that. Good on you.

Forum List

Back