What the Bible says on when life as a person begins

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Exodus 21:22–25 states that a fetus isn't a person.

Numbers 5:12-28 commands women guilty of adultery to abort their pregnancies

The Bible says that a person becomes a living soul when he BREATHES the BREATH of life into his nostril (fetuses don't breathe): Genesis 2:7

you would think by now the pro-unborn children killers would be too embarrassed to make this same mistake over and over......I expect it comes from pasting comments without ever reading them.....

Exodus 21:22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely[e] but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
thus, if the unborn child lost an eye, the person who caused it, lost an eye.....

The Bible says that a person becomes a living soul when he BREATHES the BREATH of life into his nostril (fetuses don't breathe): Genesis 2:7

if you want to get technical about it, the Bible says we are a living soul BEFORE conception......
Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

Babies in the womb consume air via the umbilical cord. Call it breathing or not, the result's the same.

Just for the sake of argument, what do the other religions say about when a person becomes a person?

I'm not asking about the secularist position (or lack thereof). But there are several religions out there that aren't Christianity. What's their take on when a person is a person?

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. (Jeremiah 1:5)

Sounds like life starts before conception in Divine Pronouncement.

And your point is what??

Yup.

/thread

Jeremiah 1:4, God says to Jeremiah "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." I am not willing to stand before God on judgment day and attempt to justify why I destroyed His most prized creation.

Then you will never have an abortion, and that is all that is required for you to stand tall on that front.

Yup.

/thread

You are going on record that a baby the day before it is born is not a person or a living soul intill it breaths fresh air??
Are you really going to say that?

Yup.

/thread

You are going on record that a baby the day before it is born is not a person or a living soul intill it breaths fresh air??
Are you really going to say that?

She doesn't have to, that's already an accepted and settled fact of law.

This thread proves that liberals will do anything to justify their disgusting practice of slaughtering unwanted children. Desperation at it's finest.

Jeremiah 1:4, God says to Jeremiah "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." I am not willing to stand before God on judgment day and attempt to justify why I destroyed His most prized creation.

Then you will never have an abortion, and that is all that is required for you to stand tall on that front.

You see that is the difference between a person like yourself,and people that have principals,that thing about protecting the most innocent and vulnerable,the ones that you are willing to kill and toss in a dumpster.

I found an answer to this question a long time ago, by researching what scripture does have to say about this "Life" question. This is some of what I found:

Lev 17:10 And any man of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that are staying among you, who eats any blood, I will set My face against that soul who eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood. And I have given it to you on the altar to make an atonement for your souls. For it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.
Lev 17:12 Therefore I said to the sons of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that is staying among you eat blood.
Lev 17:13 And any man of the sons of Israel, or of the strangers that are staying among you, who hunts game, beast or fowl, that may be eaten, he shall even pour out its blood and cover it with dust.
Lev 17:14 For it is the life of all flesh. Its blood is for the life of it. Therefore I said to the sons of Israel, You shall not eat the blood of any flesh. For the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.

So from the Biblical perspective then there is a link between having life and having blood....

Now we know that at conception, you are a mere single cell with the DNA blueprint for a unique human person... and you will grow into one eventually, if left alone. But this principle in scripture infers that you are not a living person until you have blood. Now that is something to think about.

Forum List

Back