What the Bible says on when life as a person begins

I have never understood why so many Christians want to say that life begins at conception. In many ways this seems rational, but then human life has a moment where it exists as a single cell organizum.

God made man in his own image.
What does that mean?

Go on. Think about it.

It means the men who wrote the Bible thought very highly of themselves. Actually, man made God in his own image - I am sure much to the amusement of God.

Exodus 21:22–25 states that a fetus isn't a person.

you would think by now the pro-unborn children killers would be too embarrassed to make this same mistake over and over......I expect it comes from pasting comments without ever reading them.....

Exodus 21:22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely[e] but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. 23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
thus, if the unborn child lost an eye, the person who caused it, lost an eye.....

Strange since the Torah was given to the Jews not the christer goyim, yet the christer goyim quotes it as if were given to them

actually, I was just responding to someone who didn't know anything about either.....I suspect you fell victim to some atheistsRus website who lied about the text.....there's a lot of that shit going on around here.....you need to be more critical about what you find on the internet....

I have never understood why so many Christians want to say that life begins at conception. In many ways this seems rational, but then human life has a moment where it exists as a single cell organizum.

What does that mean?

Go on. Think about it.

It means the men who wrote the Bible thought very highly of themselves. Actually, man made God in his own image - I am sure much to the amusement of God.

if man made God in his own image and you believe God is nothing, does that make you nothing?......

What does that mean?

Go on. Think about it.

if man made God in his own image and you believe God is nothing, does that make you nothing?......

What it means is that you are a fool;
"The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God."

Romans 1:20 NKJV
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

But any further discussion on such should be taken to a new thread. This thread is about life and when it begins.
So please stick to the topic.

What does that mean?

Go on. Think about it.

I never said God was nothing. What I was trying to get across is that man created the image of God to make it like himself. So you get a god which acts like a parent with an alcohol problem. All powerful but extremely unpredictable with a tendency toward violent responses. Just because we created that image and the image is wrong, doesn't mean God is nothing. It just means we got it wrong.

I never said God was nothing. What I was trying to get across is that man created the image of God to make it like himself. So you get a god which acts like a parent with an alcohol problem. All powerful but extremely unpredictable with a tendency toward violent responses. Just because we created that image and the image is wrong, doesn't mean God is nothing. It just means we got it wrong.

gosh.....when you put it that way, the image you have twisted God into tells us a lot about yourself....

Wow! You guys get enough knowledge and you'll be Gods too! Just like the Mormons believe!

Jesus was ok with stoning by the way. Seems you Anti-Freedom of Religion types(Which is really Anti-America) always quote it wrong. Never INTENTIONALLY though right? Yeah.

Jesus is ok with stoning but under the following circumstances:

1. Only a WITNESS to the crime can do the stoning.
2. He who is without Sin may cast.... well you know it by now.

gosh.....when you put it that way, the image you have twisted God into tells us a lot about yourself....

I'm glad you feel a little more enlightened.

Blood pudding.
What's it made from? What's in it?
If blood is on the list then you have your answer.
In any case that question is off topic. It side-steps the main point.

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Numbers 5:12-28 commands women guilty of adultery to abort their pregnancies

The Bible says that a person becomes a living soul when he BREATHES the BREATH of life into his nostril (fetuses don't breathe): Genesis 2:7

Babies in the womb absolutely breathe via the am/umbilical cord. That aside, true the Bible condones abortion and what in the language of the time amounts to abortions.

The Bible says that a person becomes a living soul when he BREATHES the BREATH of life into his nostril (fetuses don't breathe): Genesis 2:7

Babies in the womb absolutely breathe via the am/umbilical cord. That aside, true the Bible condones abortion and what in the language of the time amounts to abortions.

Genesis 2:7 would be true with Adam but since Adam is made in the image of God, life starts with procreation.

Exodus 21:22 does mean "pregnant" and "child" so this idea that a baby isn't a person is your's and not God's or the word's.

Exodus 21:22 ¶ If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

AV — ... with child 13, conceive 3
pregnant

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

"No woman, if she were guilty, could say Amen to the adjuration, and drink the water after it, unless she disbelieved the truth of God, or defied his justice."

Numbers 5:28 And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.

Numbers 5:21 Commentaries: (then the priest shall have the woman swear with the oath of the curse, and the priest shall say to the woman), "the LORD make you a curse and an oath among your people by the LORD'S making your thigh waste away and your ab

You seem to think that the word of God inclines people to end their pregnancies when no woman would say adjuration and drink the water unless they knew they were innocent.

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

[Beginning of this one mentions 'perishing' while still in the womb. You can't perish if you're not already alive ergo, in the womb there are babies.]

[But overall, God doesn't care if you're a child. If you parents are guilty of something that God decides to kill them, he'll kill their children too in or out of the womb.]

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

Last edited:

Tell that to the militant anti choicers.

Exodus 21:22"If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. 23"But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. 25burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.…

Please show me where that says a fetus is not a person. I understand if you can't, because it's not stated there.

Numbers 5:12-28 says nothing about abortion.

And comparing anyone to Adam is mundane. He is unique unto himself. He was created from the dust of the earth, thus never had an umbilical cord, or baby teeth, nor did he ever nurse on his mother, for he had no mother.

What else you got? I got the time, I got the answers, it's time to prove you for the unknowing Christian basher that you are. So bring it, don't sing it.

baby killers are gullible enough to believe anything someone tells them.....

Militant anti-choicers are by definition the people who fight tooth and nail, and want women to pay any cost, in order to kill babies.

What does that mean?

Go on. Think about it.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Single cell organisms are in fact alive.

As are the unborn, from the moment of conception. Abortion means to kill.

What does that mean?

Go on. Think about it.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Single cell organisms are in fact alive.

As are the unborn, from the moment of conception. Abortion means to kill.

The Bible does not agree.

Forum List

Back