What to do when your garden produces more than you can eat?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210906_142534.jpg

• Banned
Our tomatoes are going ham this year. I bet I've given away 3 or 4 dozen so far and plenty more on the way.

Peppers did pretty good.
Cucumbers & peas were a bust.
Corn was delicious but stunted.
Watermelon only gave us 4.
Zucchini went crazy big.

Gonna till it all under and start fresh much bigger next year. Really didn't plan it out very well this year.

..my dad was part of the Greatest Generation....lived in the city .....but, he liked to plant gardens of tomatoes and corn....I remember having corn for supper---and just corn--it was good.....I'd eat a lot of it

Because of extended drought, our garden didn't produce that well even with watering.
But the green peppers?
Damn, they just won't quit.

Who needs some damn peppers?
I am sick of them.

..my dad was part of the Greatest Generation....lived in the city .....but, he liked to plant gardens of tomatoes and corn....I remember having corn for supper---and just corn--it was good.....I'd eat a lot of it
and our backyard wasn't big at all.....and the soil could not have been that good --and we played back there--so it was rough/etc

Because of extended drought, our garden didn't produce that well even with watering.
But the green peppers?
Damn, they just won't quit.

Who needs some damn peppers?
I am sick of them.
good for diversity !!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

and our backyard wasn't big at all.....and the soil could not have been that good --and we played back there--so it was rough/etc
My current customer has a ton of veggies growing but they're all in raised boxes he made from pallets he gets from his job. Never seen an entire garden elevated like his. Pretty cool but not attractive to look at. They do a lot of canning

Grampa Murked U the Aztecs had ''floating'' ''gardens''

My current customer has a ton of veggies growing but they're all in raised boxes he made from pallets he gets from his job. Never seen an entire garden elevated like his. Pretty cool but not attractive to look at. They do a lot of canning
Did that myself from old pallets.
20210529_181427.jpg

Keep the damn rabbits away. The dogs in area pretty much keep deer away. But they have chewed a few plants.

Forum List

Back