What Was The First Record You Ever Owned?

As a child I remember it well...

67-1.jpg

But... as a young teen, the first album I bought, which was an 8 track was Boston self title.

s-l500.jpg

I like every kind of music. Always have. But the first album I bought was The Temptations Greatest Hits. I was a Motown freak in the sixties.

What Was The First Record You Ever Owned?

For me this question has a special meaning. I grew up in a household of Country & Western music. Names Like Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Merle Haggard etc.. That all changed on my 8th birthday when my brother in law gave me my first record. It was a rock record and up until that point I had never heard rock music, but when I heard the record for the first time it really changed everything in my world.

That record was: Angie by the Rolling Stones.

Can you remember yours and if so what was it?
Can't remember first owned but remember the first bought with my own money. Kiss love gun with the fold outs. Worth like 100k today if I still had it and fold outs were pristine. Before that I pretty much traded parts of beer can collections or baseball cards for albums. Back then it was a bit of a long ride to a record store for me as I lived in small town middle of no where. Barter and trade is how I got ahold of most music for a long time.

Motley Crue

Too Fast For Love

The original Leathür Records mix on cassette, which was a Canadian release, before Elektra remixed and re-recorded it.

Elektra really messed that album up when the signed that band and remixed the album before releasing it worldwide.

Last edited:
The first album that I remember buying with my own money I believe was What Do I Do With Me from country legend Tanya Tucker, but it was on a cassette tape.

God bless you and Miss T always!!!

Holly (a fan of her since 1991)

Forum List

Back