What we have here is a "catastrophizing" event...and it's not just at Yale!

can't sell papers when things aren't blown out of propportion

difference is, cons will eventually wonder away from a topic while leftist will start a movement based on non-facts.

I'd be willing to be that there's been more black v black murders in Chicago this year than black v cop shootings in America.

But are they out protesting in front of where gang bangers live?

The difference is that we pay and train cops to act professionally. We have a right to expect them to act professionally.
and they do, but you're an ignorant asshole that believes the first hateful lie told about any cop and assumes all of them are like that.

willing to take me up on my bet?

chitown b v b murders against American C v B shootings?

Wingnuts keep saying that, but it's like comparing apples and oranges.........not the same thing at all.
you're right

blacks hunt each other down, cops defend themselves.

but cops are bad and evul for choosing to go home instead of the grave while bangers are just misunderstood.

difference is, cons will eventually wonder away from a topic while leftist will start a movement based on non-facts.

I'd be willing to be that there's been more black v black murders in Chicago this year than black v cop shootings in America.

The difference is that we pay and train cops to act professionally. We have a right to expect them to act professionally.
Maybe in your tiny mind there is a crisis. The fact is 99.9% of police officers go through their work day without incident.
Your sides's obsessive focus on the 0.1% bad apples lends itself to things like the racist BLM movement and that idiotic worthy of scorn boycott of the MO Univ football team boycott.
You have no credibility.

Is it too much to demand that no cops should be allowed to be murders?
Genius. No one is excusing the actions of bad cops who in reality should have not been hired in the first place.
The point is,.....read this carefully....your condemnation of the entire profession of police officer.
And don't try walking back your comments again. You stepped in it.

My only condemnation of the entire profession of police officer is that they don't police their own.

Hey I am sorry that unlike what your opinion is of Obama that he is like a god...police are human. They do make mistake.

I hope you have proof that the police don't police their own.
But like most "castrophizers" you are taking those rare exceptions and making them the rule and all without ANY proof!
Now here again is my proof that 99.9% of cops are professional.

4,861 – Unique reports of police misconduct tracked
6,613 – Number of sworn law enforcement officers involved (354 were agency leaders such as chiefs or sheriffs)
6,826 – Number of alleged victims involved
247 – Number of fatalities associated with tracked reports

A little over 1/2 of 1 percent in case you people couldn't figure that out!
NOW even more dramatic is look at below chart... See "Excessive Force" 23.8% of all the
4,861 reports... or 1,156 where excessive force... (most likely against blacks I'm sure!!) OR again
condescendingly speaking to you and your... that is a little over 1/10th of 1 percent 0.1273%!
2010 Annual Report

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 6.35.26 AM.png

and they do, but you're an ignorant asshole that believes the first hateful lie told about any cop and assumes all of them are like that.

Wingnuts keep saying that, but it's like comparing apples and oranges.........not the same thing at all.
you're right

but cops are bad and evul for choosing to go home instead of the grave while bangers are just misunderstood.

Right. All blacks are out to kill someone so cops are justified doing anything they want to do. Typical right wing point of view.

you're right

Right. All blacks are out to kill someone so cops are justified doing anything they want to do. Typical right wing point of view.
lying to make your point means you don't have a point.

point is, more blacks in chitown kill more blacks than all cops shoot blacks

but you're an idiot, and a vile subhuman, to be upset at cops but not at black people

In “The Coddling of the American Mind,” Greg Lukianoff and Jonathan Haidt argued that too many college students engage in “catastrophizing,” which is to say, turning common events into nightmarish trials or claiming that easily bearable events are too awful to bear. After citing examples, they concluded, “smart people do, in fact, overreact to innocuous speech, make mountains out of molehills, and seek punishment for anyone whose words make anyone else feel uncomfortable.”
The New Intolerance of Student Activism

This is such a good term and I will be using it EVERY TIME we have one of those molehills made into a mountain event...i.e. Michael Brown the criminal shot, or Tayvon Martin again a criminal shot... or any of the mass shootings! "Catastrophized" Blown way way out of proportion.

The major BLAME though is the MSM and the need for news to fill the 24 hour news cycle!
The solution is simple though.
WAIT! WAIT all you idiots that read the headlines and jump hysterically at what you read!
WAIT! Think. Research. Find out the truth that for example this "hands up don't shoot" crowd after
Michael Brown.... do you think if just a few of the many people that at first had sympathy for this had just waited. See what the official investigation showed. You would have found out Brown attacked the officer!
The officer responded as any normal person would when attacked...attack back!

But no people jumped to conclusions. Made protests. And of course were always available when a
news crew was around!

How ridiculous these people are..."catastrophizing" a CRIMINAL attack!

Would you mean like exaggerating a welcoming committee into running for our lives with our head down because of sniper fire?

Ebola's gonna gitcha. If it doesn't, the Muslims will. Look, here's a pitcher of one of em killing somebuddy. If Ebola and Muslims don't gitcha, the Mexicans will. Look, here's a story of one of em killin somebuddy. If Ebola and the Muslims and the Mexicans miss their chance, the gays'll gitcha. Look, here's a pitcher of two of em kissin each other.

You are a dead person who doesn't know it yet.

Apparently you are not worried about the disease of hyperbole.

you're right

Are you a "racist"? All blacks are out to kill?
Where did you come up with that totally irrational statement!

More importantly where are your facts because here are mine:

6,613 – Number of sworn law enforcement officers involved (354 were agency leaders such as chiefs or sheriffs)

NOW even more dramatic is look at below chart... See "Excessive Force" 23.8% of all the
4,861 reports... or 1,156 where excessive force... (most likely against blacks I'm sure!!) OR again
condescendingly speaking to you and your... that is a little over 1/10th of 1 percent 0.1273%!
2010 Annual Report

you're right

Are you a "racist"? All blacks are out to kill?
Where did you come up with that totally irrational statement!

More importantly where are your facts because here are mine:

2010 Annual Report

Still doesn't justify bad cops.

Forum List

Back