What Were You In High School?

What "Group" Were You In In High School?

• Jocks / Cheerleaders

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Nerds

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Heads

• Rejects

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Preppies

• Bimbos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something Else (please specify)

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
Rejects. Nonconformists.
That reminds me. The word noncomformist was used instead of hippy. What struck me even then was the strict dress code. Your faded bell bottom jeans had to be 1/4' too long, just enough to wear at the back. Shoes were tall heels, buckles were allowed. T-shirts (tie dyed was number one) and a vest. Beads. Long hair. Etc.

If the other kids told me to stay away from someone....That's my new best friend.

I wasn't a groupie.

I liked kids that other kids made fun of.

I remember in Jr. High, on the blacktop during gym, some black girls were making fun of a backward white girl about having "converse" tennis shoes (which I had as well) and I quickly pointed out that I had them too... they shut up very quickly (not for fear, but I think I threw them off).....

Bullies are cowards.

Bullies are cowards

Not so much cowards as insecure.
The need to tear down others to boost up themselves.
They are fearless in their own way, but driven by a fear of exposure..............

I was part of the cool kids. The theater department was lucky. We did Rebel Without a Cause and the head Cheerleader played the girl and one of the leather guy trouble makers tried out on a dare and got the lead part. The principal came to a rehearsal and started arguing in front of the cast that that kid is a trouble maker. The directer told him that it's the job of the teachers to help every kid and this guy is showing interest in something and it would be wrong to take it away from him. It would really ruin his life and what kind of principal would do such a rotten thing? The principal got all red in the face and literally yelled, this is on you. If anything happens, it's your fault. It's your responsibility. And he stomped away.
So the director opened the play to the school staff and we had adults playing the teachers, the police and other adult parts. It was so successful, reporters came from local papers and took pictures and they added two more weekends and matinees on Saturday and Sunday.

With Cheerleaders involved and the rough kids showing up and even coming in on weekends helping build the set and the teachers really involved, and all the nerdy kids already part of the theater club, it completely changed the school hierarchy. That happened in the 10th grade for me and stayed pretty much like that for my last two years. I didn't know High School could be so fun. The theater club was the biggest one on campus with the most diverse group.

.... I was most likely in the "Reject" category. I never fit in with any of the defined groups and, if I didn't have a boyfriend, would just sit at the table were other "non conformists" sat.....
I went from a semi jock (running track) in 9th grade...to a full on Led Zeppelin stoner for 10th and 11th, then spent my entire senior year cutting class and screwing my high school sweetheart, while I was stoned

One thing that was pretty funny. The police came and passed around a plate with a joint on it to show us what a joint looked like. By time the plate got back to him, it had like a dozen joints on it. I'm pretty sure he was saying that's not funny, but everyone was laughing so hard, it was difficult to know for sure.

.... I was most likely in the "Reject" category. I never fit in with any of the defined groups and, if I didn't have a boyfriend, would just sit at the table were other "non conformists" sat.....
I went from a semi jock (running track) in 9th grade...to a full on Led Zeppelin stoner for 10th and 11th, then spent my entire senior year cutting class and screwing my high school sweetheart, while I was stoned

Love the honesty! Thank you :)

What was I in High School?

Male and much, much, much, much, much younger............

I was a jock with an IQ of 135 and a 4.0 GPA.....go figure..

I graduated high school in 1975. A generation caught between Vietnam and Calvin Klein. I saw the dye fad away and alligators appear on polo shirts. It was a time before labels, aside from jock. I was involved in jazz band and football. I was the public address guy in the morning home room period, a Thespian and a varsity defensive lineman. I defied labels.

Last edited:
First year at Stevenson HS, I was mostly home, missed about 20% of class because there was a race riot when we first got there. After that I was pretty much what I am now, a mix of class clown and head douchebag.

Well, it was fun, to say the least, but wasn't the best start.

I graduated high school in 1975. A generation caught between Vietnam and Calvin Klein. I saw the dye fad away and alligators appear on polo shirts. It was a time before labels, aside from jock. I was involved in jazz band and football. I was the public address guy in the morning home room period, a Theian and a varsity defensive lineman. I defied labels.
Interesting..

Class of '78 here...

I graduated high school in 1975. A generation caught between Vietnam and Calvin Klein. I saw the dye fad away and alligators appear on polo shirts. It was a time before labels, aside from jock. I was involved in jazz band and football. I was the public address guy in the morning home room period, a Theian and a varsity defensive lineman. I defied labels.
I graduated in 74'.

What's a Theian?

What was I in High School?

Male and much, much, much, much, much younger............

I was a jock with an IQ of 135 and a 4.0 GPA.....go figure..

not surprised....

I was a jock/nerd Class of 74

Hung out with both

Last edited:
Not sure how you can be a jock and a nerd.... is that like an insecure athlete?

Well, it was fun, to say the least, but wasn't the best start.

Sin is fun, for a season..........

Not sure how you can be a jock and a nerd.... is that like an insecure athlete?
Naw...I actually wanted to get into the space program.......My dad shot that dream down straight away...so I compensated by playing football....I was a pretty decent QB.....

Now I just program shit and dream about past glory........LOL

Forum List

Back