What Will A GOP Congress Do To Counter Obama?

If Republicans take the Senate, I encourage them to end the filibuster

shhhhh... don't tell them that the president will veto everything they touch and they won't have the votes to override.

oops.
Great.
The Obstructionist President.
Obama is blocking all progress. Nothing is getting better because Obama keeps blocking it.

you mean keeping the rightwingnuts from doing to the country what they did when baby bush was president?
You mean unemployment at around 5%, a debt under 15 Trillion dollars and growth over 2%? Yeah, I'll take that.

Note when the House blocked Dem legislation which sucked they were accued of murdering infants and children.

shhhhh... don't tell them that the president will veto everything they touch and they won't have the votes to override.

oops.
Great.
Obama is blocking all progress. Nothing is getting better because Obama keeps blocking it.

If Republicans win the Senate and want to get their agenda through all they have to do is offer to secure Obamacare in return for Obama signing off on their legislation

If all Republicans want to do is send up one "Kill Obamacare" bill after another, they can be sure they will get nothing done

The gop needs to tread lightly. Obama's ebola response illustrates that he knows he can get absolutely nothing from congress. If the gop tries to roll back his agenda without winning a national election, I think he will veto anything, and he'll accept a govt shutdown over it. His legacy is healthcare and pushing enviro reforms in the face of an obstructionist and often outright racist gop. That's not the total truth, but that's going to be history's initial judgment, and I think he's just fine with that. He's the ultimate egotist

And shutdowns haven't played well for the gop.

True.. even though the shutdowns effectively had zero impact. Speaks volumes about the stupidity of many Americans.. especially on the left.

oops.
Great.

If Republicans win the Senate and want to get their agenda through all they have to do is offer to secure Obamacare in return for Obama signing off on their legislation

If all Republicans want to do is send up one "Kill Obamacare" bill after another, they can be sure they will get nothing done
But the McConnell agenda is "anti-Obama."

If Republicans took control of the Senate and kept control of the House, McConnell envisioned how they would use the budget process to rescind Obama’s program: “In the House and Senate, we own the budget. So what does that mean? That means that we can pass the spending bill. And I assure you that in the spending bill, we will be pushing back against this bureaucracy by doing what’s called placing riders in the bill.”
Read more at Mitch McConnell Lays Out Plan to Roll Back Obama s Agenda - Minutemen News

The gop needs to tread lightly. Obama's ebola response illustrates that he knows he can get absolutely nothing from congress. If the gop tries to roll back his agenda without winning a national election, I think he will veto anything, and he'll accept a govt shutdown over it. His legacy is healthcare and pushing enviro reforms in the face of an obstructionist and often outright racist gop. That's not the total truth, but that's going to be history's initial judgment, and I think he's just fine with that. He's the ultimate egotist

True.. even though the shutdowns effectively had zero impact. Speaks volumes about the stupidity of many Americans.. especially on the left.
They had zero impact because the Public rebelled, handing the gop their azzes, so the gop caved and restored all lost funding. Which makes me wonder wtf the gop was thinking aobut in the first place, and why gopers elected the losers.

What was his ebola response? SEnd in the political operatives and deny deny deny? He doesnt need Congress for that.
Obama's legacy is food stamps and corruption.

oops.
Great.

If Republicans took control of the Senate and kept control of the House, McConnell envisioned how they would use the budget process to rescind Obama’s program: “In the House and Senate, we own the budget. So what does that mean? That means that we can pass the spending bill. And I assure you that in the spending bill, we will be pushing back against this bureaucracy by doing what’s called placing riders in the bill.”
Read more at Mitch McConnell Lays Out Plan to Roll Back Obama s Agenda - Minutemen News
If Reid couldn't get a spending bill through the Senate, neither can McConnell

If Republicans are willing to give up their attacks on Obamacare, they have a chance to get some of their pet projects through

But if they insist on beating that dead horse they can count on gridlock

oops.
Great.

If Republicans are willing to give up their attacks on Obamacare, they have a chance to get some of their pet projects through

And Gridlock works to the Dems' advantage, esp if Hill runs. A supermajority wants govt to work. If the gop spends two years just trying to undo Obama, it just reinforces the image of Mitt and the 47% ... a divider.

But there are things the gop could do. Push Obama to grandfather-in existing coal elec plants, in exchange from regulations making future ones unlikely at best. If they win the presidency, they can unmake the regulations.

Push spending caps on all domestic programs.

I'm sure there are more, but frankly I don't hear much from the gop on actual positive initiatives. It's more about "common core and communism" and common core was bipartisan. LOL

oops.
Great.

And Gridlock works to the Dems' advantage, esp if Hill runs. A supermajority wants govt to work. If the gop spends two years just trying to undo Obama, it just reinforces the image of Mitt and the 47% ... a divider.

But there are things the gop could do. Push Obama to grandfather-in existing coal elec plants, in exchange from regulations making future ones unlikely at best. If they win the presidency, they can unmake the regulations.

I'm sure there are more, but frankly I don't hear much from the gop on actual positive initiatives. It's more about "common core and communism" and common core was bipartisan. LOL

gridlock is certainly better than anything the rightwingnuts would do. I like religion out of my politics... you know, like the constitution guarantees.

oops.
Great.

The GOP has a short window. They will not hold their one or two vote margin in 2016. If they want to accomplish anything in the next two years, they are going to have to deal with Obama. Energy can be on the table if they are willing to concede some global warming

However, if they want to spend the next two years on "Obama must fail" they will blow their short window in the Senate

obama would be put in the same position Clinton was. No president wants the last two years null and void so they play ball.
Obama has shown he is no Bill Clinton.
He will suspend Congress and declare martial law before he negotiates with them

Great.

The GOP has a short window. They will not hold their one or two vote margin in 2016. If they want to accomplish anything in the next two years, they are going to have to deal with Obama. Energy can be on the table if they are willing to concede some global warming

However, if they want to spend the next two years on "Obama must fail" they will blow their short window in the Senate
You're right. They will increase their margin and when Pres. Cruz takes office it's katy bar the door. An entire misbegotten chapter in American history rolled back.

obama would be put in the same position Clinton was. No president wants the last two years null and void so they play ball.

You realize Clinton left office with about a 70% approval rating! right?

The wing nuts in the base will never tolerate the wackaroodles working with the president
Clinton playing ball is why his rating were up. It's obama's only hope for a Dem White House in '16.

The wing nuts in the base will never tolerate the wackaroodles working with the president
Because he adopted the GOP agenda: welfare reform, NAFTA, a balanced budget.
When is Obama going to do that?

I'm less concerned with gop losses in 16 than I was two years ago. I see as many dem vulnerables as gop

United States Senate elections 2016 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

BUT, it's a presidential year. If Hillary's running to the center asking for people to send her with senators who will compromise for the sake of a positive agenda, it probably won't go well for the gop if they've run as the party of no for two years.

Clinton playing ball is why his rating were up. It's obama's only hope for a Dem White House in '16.

No. Clinton "played ball" when his numbers were down. They went up after the wacko-brigade impeached him.

I reiterate. The wingers are too stupid to work with the president.

Forum List

Back