What Will A GOP Congress Do To Counter Obama?

obama would be put in the same position Clinton was. No president wants the last two years null and void so they play ball.

You realize Clinton left office with about a 70% approval rating! right?

The wing nuts in the base will never tolerate the wackaroodles working with the president
Clinton playing ball is why his rating were up. It's obama's only hope for a Dem White House in '16.
Obama cannot negotiate with anyone he feels is his enemy. He constantly demonizes people who take opposing sides in any debate. He will sit and veto every single piece of legilation passed.

obama would be put in the same position Clinton was. No president wants the last two years null and void so they play ball.

The wing nuts in the base will never tolerate the wackaroodles working with the president
Clinton playing ball is why his rating were up. It's obama's only hope for a Dem White House in '16.

No. Clinton "played ball" when his numbers were down. They went up after the wacko-brigade impeached him.

I reiterate. The wingers are too stupid to work with the president.
I find it amazing you can defend a serial rapist, womanizer, abuser and then defend an Israel hating bully. You defend the Democrats at the expense of jettisoning any principles you might have had.

Obama cannot negotiate with anyone he feels is his enemy. He constantly demonizes people who take opposing sides in any debate. He will sit and veto every single piece of legilation passed.
How would you know?

Republicans have not even tried

How would you know?

You dont try with someone who starts off calling you names and declaring "Fuck em, we've got the votes."
Negotiation means more than "do it my way because elections have consequences and I won."

Pass bill without him and impeach him out of office. They will get past the presidential veto.
How?

Show me the numbers or admit you are an idiot

Patience patience fellow man. Everybody is turning on him as we speak. He's all alone with Reid and pelocy.

Show me the Republican numbers to either override a veto or impeach the President (and have Biden veto your bills)

If not, admit you are talking out of your ass

How would you know?

You dont try with someone who starts off calling you names and declaring "Fuck em, we've got the votes."
Negotiation means more than "do it my way because elections have consequences and I won."

And you don't get to dictate terms when you do not control any of the branches of government

Pass bill without him and impeach him out of office. They will get past the presidential veto.
How?

Show me the numbers or admit you are an idiot

Patience patience fellow man. Everybody is turning on him as we speak. He's all alone with Reid and pelocy.

Show me the Republican numbers to either override a veto or impeach the President (and have Biden veto your bills)

If not, admit you are talking out of your ass

Right now with this congress? It will happen with the next congress.

How would you know?

but if they say it often enough, they think they make the lie into the truth

and that assumes that mitchy poo doesn't get his butt handed to him by Alison Lundergan Grimes

Not gonna happen

She's toast. Her last New York fundraiser cut her off at the knees. One of her staff said she's going to fuck Kentucky if she gets in office. It was all over the news, so the Democrats pulled her national funding.

Not much can be done in either direction. Perhaps the GOP will do an about face and actually present the American with a clear, unified, positive vision of America. That would be an interesting change.
When has any party presented such a vision?

No, the Congress can pass legislation reining in the bureaucracy, stripping it of many powers. THey can put that in bills funding the government so Obama cannot veto them.

Reagan did it.

Obama did it. (Whether you agree with the vision or not).

They were both elected twice. Don't you think a candidate/party should provide a clear and positive reason why someone should vote for them?

Isn't that the whole point?

Great.
The Obstructionist President.
Obama is blocking all progress. Nothing is getting better because Obama keeps blocking it.

If Republicans win the Senate and want to get their agenda through all they have to do is offer to secure Obamacare in return for Obama signing off on their legislation

If all Republicans want to do is send up one "Kill Obamacare" bill after another, they can be sure they will get nothing done
But the McConnell agenda is "anti-Obama."

If Republicans took control of the Senate and kept control of the House, McConnell envisioned how they would use the budget process to rescind Obama’s program: “In the House and Senate, we own the budget. So what does that mean? That means that we can pass the spending bill. And I assure you that in the spending bill, we will be pushing back against this bureaucracy by doing what’s called placing riders in the bill.”
Read more at Mitch McConnell Lays Out Plan to Roll Back Obama s Agenda - Minutemen News
If Reid couldn't get a spending bill through the Senate, neither can McConnell

If Republicans are willing to give up their attacks on Obamacare, they have a chance to get some of their pet projects through

But if they insist on beating that dead horse they can count on gridlock

And Gridlock works to the Dems' advantage, esp if Hill runs. A supermajority wants govt to work. If the gop spends two years just trying to undo Obama, it just reinforces the image of Mitt and the 47% ... a divider.

But there are things the gop could do. Push Obama to grandfather-in existing coal elec plants, in exchange from regulations making future ones unlikely at best. If they win the presidency, they can unmake the regulations.

Push spending caps on all domestic programs.

I'm sure there are more, but frankly I don't hear much from the gop on actual positive initiatives. It's more about "common core and communism" and common core was bipartisan. LOL

gridlock is certainly better than anything the rightwingnuts would do. I like religion out of my politics... you know, like the constitution guarantees.

Gee, where in the constitution exactly is that guaranteed?

Have you ever even read the constitution? I direct you attention to the final paragraph of Article VII.

and that assumes that mitchy poo doesn't get his butt handed to him by Alison Lundergan Grimes

Not gonna happen

She's toast. Her last New York fundraiser cut her off at the knees. One of her staff said she's going to fuck Kentucky if she gets in office. It was all over the news, so the Democrats pulled her national funding.
Oops.
That combined with her bizarre refusal to say whether she voted for Obama means she pretty much earned the Nutjob award.
Nice going, Dems. Tkae a state with a Dem governor and nominate a fuck up as a candidate because she's got the right hormones.

If Republicans win the Senate and want to get their agenda through all they have to do is offer to secure Obamacare in return for Obama signing off on their legislation

If all Republicans want to do is send up one "Kill Obamacare" bill after another, they can be sure they will get nothing done

If Republicans took control of the Senate and kept control of the House, McConnell envisioned how they would use the budget process to rescind Obama’s program: “In the House and Senate, we own the budget. So what does that mean? That means that we can pass the spending bill. And I assure you that in the spending bill, we will be pushing back against this bureaucracy by doing what’s called placing riders in the bill.”
Read more at Mitch McConnell Lays Out Plan to Roll Back Obama s Agenda - Minutemen News

If Republicans are willing to give up their attacks on Obamacare, they have a chance to get some of their pet projects through

And Gridlock works to the Dems' advantage, esp if Hill runs. A supermajority wants govt to work. If the gop spends two years just trying to undo Obama, it just reinforces the image of Mitt and the 47% ... a divider.

But there are things the gop could do. Push Obama to grandfather-in existing coal elec plants, in exchange from regulations making future ones unlikely at best. If they win the presidency, they can unmake the regulations.

I'm sure there are more, but frankly I don't hear much from the gop on actual positive initiatives. It's more about "common core and communism" and common core was bipartisan. LOL

gridlock is certainly better than anything the rightwingnuts would do. I like religion out of my politics... you know, like the constitution guarantees.

Have you ever even read the constitution? I direct you attention to the final paragraph of Article VII.

I already know that you and your fellow theists don't understand the first amendment. but it would probably do you some good to do a little reading of caselaw.

hint: there is no state religion. there is no religion requirement of our legislators. that means we aren't a theocracy. and the first amendment only works if government stays out of religion and religion out of government.

but I know... you've never read a constitutional decision. maybe you should before you open your yap again.

Not much can be done in either direction. Perhaps the GOP will do an about face and actually present the American with a clear, unified, positive vision of America. That would be an interesting change.

No, the Congress can pass legislation reining in the bureaucracy, stripping it of many powers. THey can put that in bills funding the government so Obama cannot veto them.

Reagan did it.

They were both elected twice. Don't you think a candidate/party should provide a clear and positive reason why someone should vote for them?

Reagan was not the Republican Party
Obama is not the Democrat Party.
So try again.

Not gonna happen

Oops.
That combined with her bizarre refusal to say whether she voted for Obama means she pretty much earned the Nutjob award.
Nice going, Dems. Tkae a state with a Dem governor and nominate a fuck up as a candidate because she's got the right hormones.

idiotas... *you wouldn't vote for her if she was the second coming. so your "opinion" is pretty much irrelevant.

what probably is more relevant is that you wackadoodles have spent six years lying about the president and now are shocked that people won't pander to you.

I already know that you and your fellow theists don't understand the first amendment. but it would probably do you some good to do a little reading of caselaw.

hint: there is no state religion. there is no religion requirement of our legislators. that means we aren't a theocracy. and the first amendment only works if government stays out of religion and religion out of government.

but I know... you've never read a constitutional decision. maybe you should before you open your yap again.
So why is the mayor of Houston trying to subpoena pastors' sermons?

Reagan did it.

Reagan was not the Republican Party
Obama is not the Democrat Party.
So try again.

perhaps *you* should try again. you clearly aren't following what he said.

here... let me help... the "hate Obama" rhetoric only works with Obama deranged lunatics.

Forum List

Back