What win's or loses were most important?

I loved Gardner's win. He was steady all thru the campaign and it seemed that by his ability to calmly deal with the lies Udall's team was throwing at him it drove the Democrats to become intensely shrill.

It's pretty bad when Colorado media started calling Udall "Senator Uterus". ETA: one of the best campaigns I've ever followed.

Biden definitely helped Orman lose. Too funny with that "Of course he'll caucus with the Democrats" gaffe. TYJoe!

Tillis. Wow. That was a mega scrap. That victory is very very sweet.

Boy there are so many. but the really "it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas" moments happened for me to find out the Republican candidates were taking blue state Governor's races.

Bonus.:)

YAY!

Indeed. My personal take (at least on the Colorado race) was that Udall ran on one thing - and ONLY one thing: The "war on women". He had nothing else to run on. No accomplishments of any kind - (as with the vast majority of democrats) and this was largely due to their now ex-leader Harry Reid; who disallowed any votes to come to the floor.

You can only lie to America for so long - then they catch on and it's over.

Randall, old age is melting your brain.

The TPM was crushed in the primaries.

Boehner and McConnell finally have some room to work.

Far left and far right don't count now.

Unfortunately, working class Americans don't count either.

Don't get your hopes up Rs. Nothing much will change.

The State will continue to grow and impose it's tyranny on the citizen.

If the Rs were really about liberty and limited government, they would immediately eliminate the IRS, NSA, and DHS. They would cut defense significantly and the rest of the bloated federal budget. Terminate the Fed and return the nation to sound money policies.

But I KNOW this is all but wishful thinking...the welfare/warfare police state will continue unabated.

Again (and I'm on record here for this) I would LOVE to see the federal government cut by 75%. It will never happen - by either party. Politics in this country are ALWAYS temporary - but the monster (government) continues to grow, I'm for a STRONG defense, but the rest of that BS in Washington could fall apart tomorrow and I would be happy. Just ain't gonna happen.

John kasich margin of victory over 60% in the true 50/50 state which is harder to win than an blue state. He will be the next president and be automatic front runner with his business state gov and federal head leadership positions. Nobody is close to him.

John kasich margin of victory over 60% in the true 50/50 state which is harder to win than an blue state. He will be the next president and be automatic front runner with his business state gov and federal head leadership positions. Nobody is close to him.

Kasich is a stand up guy. It would not make me mad at all if he were to be elected President. :)

I am not sure he'll be the next President. It is too early to tell but I do like what he has done with Ohio thus far.

I am not sure he'll be the next President. It is too early to tell but I do like what he has done with Ohio thus far.
Everything we need done hes already done on federal level. Budget chaiman that led to surplus baby! :)

Obama is no longer relevant in American politics.

Yup, they said that to Clinton, and he kicked the GOP in the face.

So will Obama. He has the veto, SL, and he will use it on behalf of ACA.

He will take immigration off the table, possibly today, with an EO.

Then he will say to Mitch and John, what can I do for you?

The butthurt is strong in this one.....

Obama COULDN'T EVEN GET THE GOVERNOR ELECTED IN ILLINOIS YOU FOOL. Barry worked his ass off for the democrat and he got trounced.

Now, that faculty lounge communist may, indeed, play dictator for the next two years. Egomaniacs do that sort of thing. So do spoiled rotten children.

So what is it? Is your boy Napoleon? Or is he Stalin? Or will he do the SMART thing and work with the new Congress?

The Republican victory in Congress was not a Tea Party victory. By and large, this was a victory for moderate Republicans.

If the GOP hopes to control the White House in 2016, Congress is going to have to spend the next two years proving it can govern effectively: this means busting the gridlock.

Some legitimate health care coverage reform would be great. Hillary is in trouble with a full Banghazi report. Budget reform should be doable.

For me it didn't have anything to do with the Senate, it was Walker and Scott holding on to their governorships.

Good riddance to bad rubbish Charlie Crist.

Hard to believe 47% of Floridians would vote for that charlatan.

How about you?

Please ignore that superfluous apostrophe. :S
Democrats picking up the Governor's mansion in PA. Signifies that the DEM firewall is still in-tact for 2016.

The POTUS is a loser who dragged down every candidate he campaigned with. The sweetest win was in Maryland.

Obama's "mini me" , Anthony Brown, was leading by between 9 -13 points in the polls before Obama flew in to campaign for him. Coattails!!!

Thanks Obama!!

Obama COULDN'T EVEN GET THE GOVERNOR ELECTED IN ILLINOIS YOU FOOL. Barry worked his ass off for the democrat and he got trounced.

Now, that faculty lounge communist may, indeed, play dictator for the next two years. Egomaniacs do that sort of thing. So do spoiled rotten children.

So what is it? Is your boy Napoleon? Or is he Stalin? Or will he do the SMART thing and work with the new Congress?

The Republican victory in Congress was not a Tea Party victory. By and large, this was a victory for moderate Republicans.

If the GOP hopes to control the White House in 2016, Congress is going to have to spend the next two years proving it can govern effectively: this means busting the gridlock.

You mean we need to send him Bills he will sign don't you?

--LOL

the most conservative of the Republican candidates

Tom Cotton

took a 17 point spread over his rival

that after being flooded with millions and millions of attack ad dollars against him

53 Senate seats means the Pres has to pay attention, making Mitch McConnell the biggest winner of the election.

The beat down smashing of the TPM means Boehner and McConnell have room

If the Pres EO's immigration reform, everything else is workable.

ACA is a nonplayer, off the table.

No it isn't.
It won't get repealed because Obama won't let it, but it can and should be changed. If Obama does not let the changes happen, the Dems are doomed for 2016.
The majority of the people still don't like it.
At least the Repubs are still listening to the people, unlike the Dems who forced this bill down our throats.
Obamacare Is More Unpopular Than Ever Poll Shows
The people are fed up with being forced to do things they don't want to do.

ACA is a non player, thank you. Any serious attack on the ACA will doom the GOP in 2016. The insurance companies won't let it go away because they now realize how much money they make while looking good to all of the American people.

Fortunately, the denial in Jake is even more strong in Obama. Look for the big press conference to be a display of Obama's self gratification on his great presidency and future goals he will accomplish without Congress.

saveliberty, you see it wrongly, but that is OK that if you see through a glass darkly now, you will soon see clearly that marriage equality, immigration reform, and ACA are no longer major issues that the GOP leadership and mainstream are going to wage war over.

You just don't get it, do you sonny? The TEA party is conservative America and conservative America is the TEA party. Wake the hell up, won't you? You are on the outside looking in. Get used to it. Look at the races. Governors, State Houses, The House and The Senate. ALL went the republican's way. America is tired of this little "experiment" called Obama. It's over. America wants to get back to normal and forget about this bullshit called "fundamental change".

Exit Polls - 65% of those voting said the same thing. America is headed in the wrong direction.

Yesterday marked the beginning of the end for your kind of crap. You, and that faculty lounge communist are finished.

Some legitimate health care coverage reform would be great. Hillary is in trouble with a full Banghazi report. Budget reform should be doable.

Indeed. Look for the Keystone pipeline to quickly become a reality. Look for massive changes to the ACA - making it actually "workable" without massive increases in premiums. Look for tax reforms that will make business more "enticing" for the US labor market. And that's just the beginning. Yes, that clown in the White House is butthurt - he's an egomaniac - what do you expect? But either he grows a pair of balls and admits that he's finished as a president, and begins to look for workable solutions with the Congress, or he dooms his own party in 2016. It's HIS choice.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back