🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ What would American Culture Be Without Black People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be more of a social-democracy.

...because Lee Atwater, Reagan, etc wouldn't have had any subtext to milk.

Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.
There are black people in many cultures all over the world. Yes, blacks have contributed a great deal to American culture. But it seems to me, there are those in 'white' America who are some of the worst, if not the worst, racists the planet. And a great many of them are on this board. Great representatives for their ilk: sick, ugly spirited mthrfkrs.

Imagine half as many murders, rapes and other violent crimes. Then Imagine a culture that respects education alot more then it currently does.

America would be a great country to live in.

But who would angry white guys hate then? They have to hate somebody.

Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.
There are black people in many cultures all over the world. Yes, blacks have contributed a great deal to American culture. But it seems to me, there are those in 'white' America who are some of the worst, if not the worst, racists the planet. And a great many of them are on this board. Great representatives for their ilk: sick, ugly spirited mthrfkrs.

We seem to have lot's of examples on this forum.

Music and sports? Is that the best you can come up with?

I didn't mention sports. Must be your usual comprehension problem at work here.
Music and sports? Is that the best you can come up with?

I didn't mention sports. Must be your usual comprehension problem at work here.

OK genius, let's limit it to music. Is that the best you can come up with?

How would you like to refute the thread professor?

Your thread is so shallow as to defy serious analysis. Are the Romans remembered for their flutes? Will the British be remembered for their bagpipes? Good grief.

Last edited:
True but you could say that kind of thing about every other culture as well.

Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on how that's true.
Well now I think that you're intent is not genuine.

But sure I'll expand a bit. Baseball, Basketball, and Football were all created by white Americans. There are other things too but as you only used music I'll just stick to one thing too. I'm not arguing that makes them any better than Black Americans, just that everyone has contributed to this country. We are called a melting pot for a reason.

Don't be a racist.

Music is universal and international, and American music is obviously the best, most influential, and most widely listened to in history. Our music will endure, our games will be a foot note for posterity.
Your ridiculous. Mozart has 250 years on Chuck Berry. The Olympics have over 2700 years on Louis Armstrong.

I hope you created your profile as a joke.

We were talking about American culture, you seem a little confused about that.

You raised a valid question.

Unfortunately your dismissal of the influence of classical music shows that you are not serious about considering the answer.

African impact was certainly important in the development of American music and culture.

Without or with greatly lessened African influence, other factors that were present, or that might have replaced such influences would have led to a different development.

BUT, there would have been such development. YOu cannot look at the music of the early 1700s and assume that that would be the whole of the US music scene.

Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on how that's true.

But sure I'll expand a bit. Baseball, Basketball, and Football were all created by white Americans. There are other things too but as you only used music I'll just stick to one thing too. I'm not arguing that makes them any better than Black Americans, just that everyone has contributed to this country. We are called a melting pot for a reason.

Don't be a racist.

Music is universal and international, and American music is obviously the best, most influential, and most widely listened to in history. Our music will endure, our games will be a foot note for posterity.
Your ridiculous. Mozart has 250 years on Chuck Berry. The Olympics have over 2700 years on Louis Armstrong.

Unfortunately your dismissal of the influence of classical music shows that you are not serious about considering the answer.

African impact was certainly important in the development of American music and culture.

Without or with greatly lessened African influence, other factors that were present, or that might have replaced such influences would have led to a different development.

BUT, there would have been such development. YOu cannot look at the music of the early 1700s and assume that that would be the whole of the US music scene.

Again, we are talking about American culture.

Don't be a racist.

Yes. And the European music/culture that the English colonists brought with them is obviously important to the development of that culture.

Yes. And the European music/culture that the English colonists brought with them is obviously important to the development of that culture.

Because we can all obviously see the strong influences of classical music in jazz, blues, rock and roll, R and B, is that right?

Because we can all obviously see the strong influences of classical music in jazz, blues, rock and roll, R and B, is that right?

Yes.

Yes.

So then you don't actually know anything about music.

Your thread is so shallow as to defy serious analysis. Are the Romans remembered for their flutes? Will the British be remembered for their bagpipes? Good grief.

And yet this is the best you can come up with to refute the premise.

Yes.

So then you don't actually know anything about music.

Enough that I have heard classic sounding bits in rock and roll songs.

Where did jazz musicians get their instruments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back