🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ What would American Culture Be Without Black People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we can all obviously see the strong influences of classical music in jazz, blues, rock and roll, R and B, is that right?

Yes.

So then you don't actually know anything about music.

Enough that I have heard classic sounding bits in rock and roll songs.

Where did jazz musicians get their instruments?

You mean instruments like the banjo?

I was thinking more like the saxophone and the trombone.

These instruments came from classic music and were used to make jazz music.

This is, in a very basic way, European influence on Jazz.

As I said.

Uh huh. Did you also know that Europeans had iron and steel tools? So it's almost just like they invented the Ford F-150......in a very basic way.

While there is no doubt that Blacks throughout the history of this country have contributed greatly to its culture, they are not the only ones who made American culture what it is...
No we ruined everything they invent. They give us michael jackson we give them justin bieber. We do have Eminem though and kid rock.

Bieber is Canadian. Damn Canadians...
Omg that's it! We would be Canada if we didn't have so many large black ghettos with high crime.

I understand blacks fled to Canada during slavery. Does Canada have ghettos or hoods? Why does america?
Doobie brothers Bob seager beatles Crosby stills and Nash. Bob Dylan. Barbara Streisand white country. James taylor

Are you sure you didn't want to add Judy Garland or Rudy Vallee to your list?
We all know music wouldn't be nearly as good without the black influence. Mommas and the papas Simon and Garfunkel Karen carpenter Kenny rogers Gloria estabon Willey nelson who led zeppelin heavy metal. This is white stuff. Good but I've always appreciated black music more.

American music would be like Lawrence welk without blacks.

While there is no doubt that Blacks throughout the history of this country have contributed greatly to its culture, they are not the only ones who made American culture what it is...
No we ruined everything they invent. They give us michael jackson we give them justin bieber. We do have Eminem though and kid rock.

Omg that's it! We would be Canada if we didn't have so many large black ghettos with high crime.

I understand blacks fled to Canada during slavery. Does Canada have ghettos or hoods? Why does america?
Doobie brothers Bob seager beatles Crosby stills and Nash. Bob Dylan. Barbara Streisand white country. James taylor

We all know music wouldn't be nearly as good without the black influence. Mommas and the papas Simon and Garfunkel Karen carpenter Kenny rogers Gloria estabon Willey nelson who led zeppelin heavy metal. This is white stuff. Good but I've always appreciated black music more.

did he actually say led zeppelin was white music...lol
its no more white than the rolling stones

Was jimmy Hendrix their influence?

Was jimmy Hendrix their influence?
led zeppelin was electrified blues..old blues artist were their infuence

Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.
Well, you need to preach that to the choir. If you hadn't had warred with each other like you are STILL doing, the winning tribes in africa would not have had black african enemies that lost that particular battle, to sell to the white guys willing to pay for them.

Thank you for that deep, thoughtful anthropological analysis, professor. Insights like yours are a hallmark of the kind of academic excellence only achieved through diligent scholarship, you are truly an inspiration.
Truth hurts, sparky.

Would there be any American culture that anyone would care about without African American culture? If black folks had never been enslaved what would the culture of America look like? I believe it would be a dull, lifeless, colorless culture with very little to offer the world. Blues, Jazz, Rock and Roll, R and B, etc.; music the whole world listens to, music everyone everywhere loves, and as American as apple pie. These are America's best and lasting contributions to humanity. When this country is ancient history, African American culture is what we'll be remembered for.
Well, you need to preach that to the choir. If you hadn't had warred with each other like you are STILL doing, the winning tribes in africa would not have had black african enemies that lost that particular battle, to sell to the white guys willing to pay for them.

Thank you for that deep, thoughtful anthropological analysis, professor. Insights like yours are a hallmark of the kind of academic excellence only achieved through diligent scholarship, you are truly an inspiration.
Truth hurts, sparky.

Have you ever asked yourself why you aren't smarter? Maybe you should contemplate that truth for a while.

As I said.

h huh. Did you also know that Europeans had iron and steel tools? So it's almost just like they invented the Ford F-150......in a very basic way.

The materials and tools available are important factors in what an artist can do.

Do you know why the Ancient Egyptians were so big on bas reliefs? Because the crappy stone they had was to weak to support free standing statues.

Left in African, African musicians would never have learned to play the sax. Because they would not have had that sax.

Probably be many decades behind where we're at now. Industrial revolution may not have come as quickly without slaves to do the heavy-lifting, whites being weak and lazy that they needed slaves for that kind of work. :)

As I said.

h huh. Did you also know that Europeans had iron and steel tools? So it's almost just like they invented the Ford F-150......in a very basic way.

The materials and tools available are important factors in what an artist can do.

Do you know why the Ancient Egyptians were so big on bas reliefs? Because the crappy stone they had was to weak to support free standing statues.

Left in African, African musicians would never have learned to play the sax. Because they would not have had that sax.

What ever point you think you're making, you haven't made it.

As I said.

Since Africans were the first to make carbonized steel they were more than capable of making a sax or trombone. Those same Egyptians built the still standing pyramids. An engineering feat no one has been able to duplicate. Statues? :laugh:

Last edited:

As I said.

This topic is a stretch for me, I am not well versed in music.

But the idea that black culture is the only part of American culture that is vibrant and good?

That's absolute nonsense.

As I said.

Since Africans were the first to make carbonized steel they were more than capable of making a sax or trombone. Those same Egyptians built the still standing pyramids. An engineering feat no one has been able to duplicate. Statues? :laugh:

I stand corrected on the steel.

Please provide any links demonstrating any complicated metal machines like a saxophone.

And yes, no standing statues. They did not have the stone for it.

As I said.

This topic is a stretch for me, I am not well versed in music.

But the idea that black culture is the only part of American culture that is vibrant and good?

That's absolute nonsense.

And yet you can't seem to articulate an actual rebuttal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back