what would americans think which ethnicity i am

which ethnicity would you think i am

• Total voters
Your nose looks like a typical Slovakian.
So my guess - Slovakian? :)
Wtf is a Slovakian? If you mean Slovak as in Slovakia you couldn't be more wrong unless you're thinking of Roma.

You mean like this?
Romans & Invasion | Slovakia

Roman and German history suggests that the habitation ofCentral and Western Europe by the Slavs only began in the sixth century CE. However,certain elements attest to the fact that by the beginning of the sixth century, a Slavpopulation was occupying vast territories extending from the Vistule, the Dniestr, theDanube, including present-day Slovakia, the Pannonia and the Coruthania.

Present day Slovakia = Slovakian.

Your nose looks like a typical Slovakian.
So my guess - Slovakian? :)
Wtf is a Slovakian? If you mean Slovak as in Slovakia you couldn't be more wrong unless you're thinking of Roma.

You mean like this?

Roman and German history suggests that the habitation ofCentral and Western Europe by the Slavs only began in the sixth century CE. However,certain elements attest to the fact that by the beginning of the sixth century, a Slavpopulation was occupying vast territories extending from the Vistule, the Dniestr, theDanube, including present-day Slovakia, the Pannonia and the Coruthania.

Good Lord.

Romani people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_you_say_Slovak_or_Slovakian?#slide=2

Last edited:

You mean like this?

Good Lord.

Do you say Slovak or Slovakian

Yes he could be gypsy (romani). Roma can also mean Rome. If you would have said Romani I would have known you meant gypsy. Roma is the Latin/Italian for Rome the capital of Italy. It is also the word gypsies/Romanies use to describe themselves
My thinking is more old world Yugoslavia.
I had a boss once that came from Yugoslavia and he had the same type of nose.

Last edited:
You're getting a Rep from me, but I fucked it up and so it's positive.

No need to be an asshole, pal.
Oh, stop with the reps either way ffs. Never understood that.

I never understood being nasty to people for no good reason. What did your asinine comment accomplish, other than perhaps makes someone's day a little less joyful?

hypocrisy-certificate.jpg

:lmao:

You're getting a Rep from me, but I fucked it up and so it's positive.

No need to be an asshole, pal.
Oh, stop with the reps either way ffs. Never understood that.

I never understood being nasty to people for no good reason. What did your asinine comment accomplish, other than perhaps makes someone's day a little less joyful?

Does being a whiny little bitch all the time make you "joyful"?

You mean like this?

Good Lord.

Do you say Slovak or Slovakian

Yes he could be gypsy (romani). Roma can also mean Rome. If you would have said Romani I would have known you meant gypsy. Roma is the Latin/Italian for Rome the capital of Italy. It is also the word gypsies/Romanies use to describe themselves
My thinking is more old world Yugoslavia.
I had a boss once that came from Yugoslavia and he had the same type of nose.
You're pretty clueless either way. A veritable trainwreck of nomenclature.

OK, you are a gypsy...you told us in another thread. What is your point? Are you warning us not to do business with you? What is your point. Why should we care?

OK, you are a gypsy...you told us in another thread. What is your point? Are you warning us not to do business with you? What is your point. Why should we care?

im a roma, yes. but i doubt that many americans would straight away guess me as roma. im curious what i would be guessed as by americans. if i tell them im roma they would not doubt it though, and then know it of course, also gypsy is a loaded word, and people could be suspicious of me, for example in some states gypsies are forbidden of going to shopping mall because many shop lifters were among them and now all gypsies are banned etc. also people would generally think thieve or nomad or fortune teller etc. if they hear gypsy, because gypsy is a word with such connotations, like in "gyped" (i have been "gyped") etc. they probably wouldnt know what roma meants or romanie and would think romania or capitol of italy.

for example in some states gypsies are forbidden of going to shopping mall because many shop lifters were among them and now all gypsies are banned etc.
??? Surely you jest...or are you using state to refer to a sovereign nation?

for example in some states gypsies are forbidden of going to shopping mall because many shop lifters were among them and now all gypsies are banned etc.

maybe not state but city, one guy told me that

im a roma, yes. but i doubt that many americans would straight away guess me as roma. im curious what i would be guessed as by americans. if i tell them im roma they would not doubt it though, and then know it of course, also gypsy is a loaded word, and people could be suspicious of me, for example in some states gypsies are forbidden of going to shopping mall because many shop lifters were among them and now all gypsies are banned etc. also people would generally think thieve or nomad or fortune teller etc. if they hear gypsy, because gypsy is a word with such connotations, like in "gyped" (i have been "gyped") etc. they probably wouldnt know what roma meants or romanie and would think romania or capitol of italy.
Damn, aced it! Living in Europe most of my life, especially the last 16 in CZ doesn't hurt. Here, they are almost universally despised for many of the same reasons blacks are looked down on in the US.

maybe not state but city, one guy told me that

They are wrong. How long have you been in the states?

i was never in the states not even as visitor but i want to, i like america because of the culture and what it stands for (freedom, opportunity, democracy, human rights etc.). i like the flag, the constitution, the dollar, the openness of the people, and also the landscape (lakes, two oceans, mountains, diverse weather etc.). the highways, harleys and all that. so im not in the states i live since 1990 in austria (was born in serbia) but im just a fan.

Forum List

Back