What Would Conservatives Like as the GOP Platform?

Doesnt matter what the platform is if they dont bother following through with it.

That's their biggest problem. Simply put, no one believes the GOP is serious about anything they campaign on.

To expand on that, the GOP needs to clean house. As long as the same people remain in the GOP (Boehner, McConnell, Graham, McCain, Rove, ect.), then changing their platform is pointless. No one is going to believe Boehner if he comes out tomorrow suddenly saying he's going to do what's being said it his thread.

Doesnt matter what the platform is if they dont bother following through with it.

That's their biggest problem. Simply put, no one believes the GOP is serious about anything they campaign on.

To expand on that, the GOP needs to clean house. As long as the same people remain in the GOP (Boehner, McConnell, Graham, McCain, Rove, ect.), then changing their platform is pointless. No one is going to believe Boehner if he comes out tomorrow suddenly saying he's going to do what's being said it his thread.

There's an initiative in Kentucky right now where the Tea Party is actually working with the dems to make an attempt to primary McConnell.

Of course the GOP is having tunnel vision right now and seeing "working with dems" only, and going crazy over it.

Why SHOULDN'T McConnell go? He's old news and not needed in the party. Kentucky already elected easily the most libertarian of GOP candidates in Rand Paul. They should have no problem doing it again.

There's an initiative in Kentucky right now where the Tea Party is actually working with the dems to make an attempt to primary McConnell.

Of course the GOP is having tunnel vision right now and seeing "working with dems" only, and going crazy over it.

Why SHOULDN'T McConnell go? He's old news and not needed in the party. Kentucky already elected easily the most libertarian of GOP candidates in Rand Paul. They should have no problem doing it again.

I would love McConnell to go. He is at the top of my list of chickenshit fuckups who are destroying the GOP.

It would be awesome if he were put on an ice floe and put to sea.

Nah, McConnel will probably get re-elected because the media will say he has the best chance of beating the Democrat opponent. And in the end, isn't that what matters most.:rolleyes:

I'm a Libertarian Conservative, but I would be more apt tovote for republicans if they had this platfrom:

Top Marginal Income Tax Rates

Either Flat tax of 10% for all, or the FairTax.

Spending
  • Decrease military spending overseas by 15% annually ongoing
  • Cut entitlement spending by 10% annually ongoing
  • Eliminate the Department of Commerce
  • Eliminate the Department of Education
  • Scale back the Department of Energy
  • Scale back the Department of Housing & Urban Development
  • Scale back the Department of the Interior

Abortion
Drop it from the platform altogether

Gay Rights
Drop it from the platform altogether.

Gun Law
  • No changes to existing legislation, no bans

Support legislation to whit; if Congress doesn't pass a budget for the year, they don't get paid until they do.

Flat tax for all on all income without exception, based on what is needed to spend after we drastically cut spending after eliminating agencies that are not a constitutional charge of the federal government.. if we need 15%, we do 15%, if we need 12% we do 12%, etc

Balanced budget amendment
Spending

Decrease military spending by 15%
Audit the defense department to find and eliminate waste going forward
Cut entitlement spending by 50% to start, while we work on the elimination of federal entitlements all together
Eliminate the Department of Commerce
Eliminate the Department of Education
And there are MANY more agencies that can and should be eliminated.. I have made lists before and if people want, I will go thru the agencies again and start listing them

Abortion
Define a human life SPECIFICALLY

Marriage
Eliminate marriage from federal law. Only recognize family units of whatever makeup for the purposes of taxation, inheritance, power of attorney, and other true governmental matters

Gun Law

Look for improvement on background checks, because people are the problem, not the weapon

I'm a Libertarian Conservative, but I would be more apt tovote for republicans if they had this platfrom:

Spending

Abortion

Gay Rights

Gun Law

Support legislation to whit; if Congress doesn't pass a budget for the year, they don't get paid until they do.

You don't even have to change the economic platform...all they have to do is drop the social issues and they'll get a ton of new independent voters. It's the number 1 thing they fuck up on every time, and I'm starting to think it's on purpose because no one can be that stupid.

Sounds like you already decided what you wanted to hear, so why waste our time with your silly games?

Interesting, front to back, and more specifics than I expected. Also a little more moderate (and that's not an epithet) as well, which would give the party a better opportunity to win first and then see what it can do from that point.

Another interesting thing is the lack of the more hardcore absolutists. When pressed for specifics and a plan that can be sold to the public, screaming platitudes isn't so easy, is it?

Good stuff. Can it be sold to the electorate? Dunno, but at least some real ideas are there to work with.

:rock:

I know it is. I think Romney would have tried to change things, but I guess ill never find out. Regardless, a platform is worthless if we dont try to follow through on it.

Spending

Abortion

Gay Rights

Gun Law

Tax rate is too high. Ben Franklin once stated that a government that had a 10% tax rate would be seen as very oppressive. He would be right, but the fact that most of our taxes are withheld from us before we ever see it, most people are blissfully unaware of how much they are actually paying.

I'd argue for closer to 3-5%. Especially considering we have state and local taxes as well. After all, the only reason the 16th amendment was passed was because the politicians promised the tax rate wouldnt go above 5% (they immediately broke that promise) but I think it's only fair we keep it in our generation.

Forum List

Back