Whatever ever happened to the little sign… ‘We have a right to refuse service’?

Left for society to solve, blacks would still be riding on the back of the bus in the south and people in wheelchairs would still have limited access to public facilities.

Right where government put them. Government that legalized slavery. Government that declared blacks 3/5ths of a person. Government that said Dred Scott was property to be returned to his owners. Government that implemented Jim Crow laws and segregated schools.

Ronald Reagan: Government is not the solution, government is the problem
Well if Ronnie thinks government is the problem maybe we just do away with it and see how long it takes civilization to disappear.

The federal government passed no laws to legalize slavery because it was always legal but they did ban in 1862.

Yes, that's always so persuasive. I can be a Marxist like you or an anarchist. Those are my choices. If I want any government, then that justifies ubiquitous government.

Thanks for that non-contribution to the discussion.

Left for society to solve, blacks would still be riding on the back of the bus in the south and people in wheelchairs would still have limited access to public facilities.

Right where government put them. Government that legalized slavery. Government that declared blacks 3/5ths of a person. Government that said Dred Scott was property to be returned to his owners. Government that implemented Jim Crow laws and segregated schools.

Ronald Reagan: Government is not the solution, government is the problem

That soundbite really gets to the root of the problem

Soundbite? What is wrong with you? These are the key things you people keep bringing up to justify using government force. Do you read any of the discussions? These are what liberals keep bringing up to justify government force. And I am accurately pointing they ARE government. Government did these things, not markets. That's a sound bite? That's CONTENT.

You're the sound bite queen. You go on about laissez-faire when free markets had nothing to do with those government atrocities. Racists used government to do those things just like liberals use government today, to spread your hatred, intolerance and bigotry for anyone different than you in any way and you run to government to do it because only they can use arms to force your will on everyone.

Why? Because free markets won't do that. You are blaming choice for lack of choice, and you're using it to force lack of choice on us all. Just like the racists did to blacks. And like the racists, you're victimizing the business community yet again. We just want to make a buck, and our making a buck provides jobs and funds the government. It's win-win-win. Well, except for authoritarian leftist.

Sound bites? You're vacuous.

Kaz, hooked on soundbites. And in the ADA case, and in many others, the government was the solution.

Yeah, it was an exorbitantly expensive solution to a problem that affected a small number of people.

When I go to the grocery store, the three best parking spaces are reserved for the handicapped. They are always empty. In fact, I can't remember the last time I noticed a car parked in a handicapped space.

That's a typical government solution: inconvenience the entire population for the benefit of very few people.
Life is unfair little man. Sorry...

If that's your attitude, then why should anyone give a shit about whether gays can marry or whether blacks can use the same drinking fountain as whites?

You're always stepping on your own dick, PMH.

It doesn't, shit for brains. Haven't you been reading this thread? Problems like discrimination are for society to solve, not the government. Choosing who you associate with is a fundamental human right.

Injuring others is not a fundamental human right.

No one has the right to hurt one publicly except to save life or limb.

You little anarcho-commie, listen up: your private accommodation is protected.

You haven't injured anyone if you simply choose not to do business with them. On the other hand, government injures you when it compels you to undertake activities against your will.

Go ahead and drive through the red light on 7th East and 4th South at noon in SLC.

Yes, We the People do have the right to restrict certain activities for the benefit of all.

Kaz, what part of government can be used for good or for evil are you having such trouble with? And why does no country in the world, not a single one, have a truly Free Market?

Injuring others is not a fundamental human right.

No one has the right to hurt one publicly except to save life or limb.

You little anarcho-commie, listen up: your private accommodation is protected.

You haven't injured anyone if you simply choose not to do business with them. On the other hand, government injures you when it compels you to undertake activities against your will.

Go ahead and drive through the red light on 7th East and 4th South at noon in SLC.

Yes, We the People do have the right to restrict certain activities for the benefit of all.

That has nothing to do with whether you should do it, you senile commie moron.

Kaz, what part of government can be used for good or for evil are you having such trouble with? And why does no country in the world, not a single one, have a truly Free Market?

The part of the government that points guns at people is that part I have trouble with. Get rid of that, and I'm fine with government.

If that's your attitude, then why should anyone give a shit about whether gays can marry or whether blacks can use the same drinking fountain as whites?
That's not an attitude, that's reality, and decent people, not you guys of course, make adjustments to society to try and smooth over some of those rough edges. It makes what is unfair a little less so.

The part of the government that points guns at people is that part I have trouble with. Get rid of that, and I'm fine with government.
I've lived many decades and never had a gun pointed at me, at any time, for any reason. What's your story?

That's not an attitude, that's reality, and decent people, not you guys of course, make adjustments to society to try and smooth over some of those rough edges. It makes what is unfair a little less so.

So what tyou and the libturds want is "reality," and what everyone else wants is just whining.

You're an idiot. Do you realize that?

You aren't even attempting to argue your case.

So what tyou and the libturds want is "reality," and what everyone else wants is just whining.

Rational people understand my case, which means you are exempt.

I've lived many decades and never had a gun pointed at me, at any time, for any reason. What's your story?

Yeah, right, and Guido the Mafia leg breaker doesn't show any guns to the local bar owner when he comes by to collect the weekly "protection" money.

You have to a certifiable moron not to understand that laws are enforced with guns. Why would anyone obey them if the weren't?

Wrong. A bunch of morons who are immune to facts and logic may agree with you, but no "understands" your case, because you haven't got one.

Yeah, right, and Guido the Mafia leg breaker doesn't show any guns to the local bar owner when he comes by to collect the weekly "protection" money.

You have to a certifiable moron not to understand that laws are enforced with guns. Why would anyone obey them if the weren't?

Guido doesn't need to show a gun, and neither does the government. Decent people follow the rules of their society. The fact that you don't believe it even exists cannot be helped. Like the guy in the rubber room who thinks he's Queen Victoria, all we can do is lock him up.

Wrong. A bunch of morons who are immune to facts and logic may agree with you, but no "understands" your case, because you haven't got one.
Case in point.

Guido doesn't need to show a gun, and neither does the government. Decent people follow the rules of their society. The fact that you don't believe it even exists cannot be helped. Like the guy in the rubber room who thinks he's Queen Victoria, all we can do is lock him up.

That's right, government doesn't need to show the guns in most cases because we all know that men with guns will show up at our house if we don't comply.

Apparently cattle who meekly walk down the shut to the abattoir are your idea of "decent people." People comply with unjust laws because they have no choice, not because they are "decent."

People comply with unjust laws because they have no choice, not because they are "decent."
People fight unjust laws, and change them. They don't hide in a house full of guns waiting to shoot first.

And I don't pay my taxes because I'm worried about men with guns showing up. I fought with the IRS for two years and all we did was talk on the phone from time to time until I won. No guns were required. It's my government, they aren't my enemy, that's you.

Forum List

Back