Whatever Happened to Electric Cars?

Also with our crappy electrical grid I don't see how it could handle 250 million cars plugged in at night

You could be right John I remember reading about highways built like our old AFX slot cars

LOL i remember seeing things like that in popular mechanics

telsa envisioned that electricity could be sent out over the airwaves

similar to am/fm radios through microwaves

and the consumer could have a device similar to a radio

that could convert the microwaves back into electricity

for home and auto use

It's the battery dude, Obama is throwing billions of dollars at it read about it a few years ago

Hydrogen is the next thing, I remember watching nova the first power plants filled an entire Ford van cargo bay, now they got so small only 3/4 th the size. Greenland with all it's thermal vents are leading the way

hydrogen is already here

the use of hydrogen fuel cells to convert

hydrogen into electricity is routinely used in city buses in Canada for example

the real key to hydrogen is to easily free up the hydrogen without the use of fossil fuels

Lol I so loved popular science and popular mechanics had my first subscription when I was 7 years old couldn't wait till the next month read both cover to cover a 100 times.

info on electric car being put back into production in the 60s

estartinventions/a/Electric-Vehicles.htm

Lol I so loved popular science and popular mechanics had my first subscription when I was 7 years old couldn't wait till the next month read both cover to cover a 100 times.

info on electric car being put back into production in the 60s

estartinventions/a/Electric-Vehicles.htm

loved popular science and popular mechanics

i did too

I know and people have to know about it because the power plants will Make great strides in the next 20 years

And electric cars will still suck, I have had electric stand up and sit down fork lifts at work for the past 30 years and they never changed.

I know and people have to know about it because the power plants will Make great strides in the next 20 years

And electric cars will still suck, I have had electric stand up and sit down fork lifts at work for the past 30 years and they never changed.

like i said the real advancement in electric vehicles

will only come when they can supply and produce their own electricity

imagine your electric forklift running low on power

and you simply open a cap and pour in a liter of water

and the forklift operates for another two days

Sorry had to work, this is a serious question? They were mass produced before gasoline cars, starting around The 1880s So think about it in over 100 years still no great leaps and bounds in battery technology, with all the money thrown at it the tech still sucks
Electric car - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yes, it was a very serious question. Since the OP was all about "where are the electric cars?", and the discussion has been about modern vehicles, the fact that there were electric cars in production 100 years ago doesn't seem relevant.

And are you really contending that there has been no great advancements in the technology?? Really? What part of it sucks? I can see the time required to charge could be a deterrent. But other than that, what is it that sucks about the technology? The technology can produce a very fast, very efficient, dependable car that burns no fossil fuel and has zero emissions. That sucks?

Oh, and to answer my own question (using your Wiki link), production of EVs in the US stopped in 1920. So there has been no significant production of electric cars in 95 years.

Your just changing the fossil fuel from The road to The power station , electricity is not a fuel either is hydrogen but hydrogen is better, much better

Did you bother to read my post
Quit being a liberal for once and learn

Decline and Rise of Electric Cars From 1930 to 1990

LMAO!! Quit being a liberal?

Yes, I read the article. It is still looking at small numbers for specific purposes. And your own article seems to smash your claim that there have been no "leaps & bounds" advances. The EVs in your article had ranges of less than 100 miles. The Tesla doubles that, at the very least. The speed of the EVs is also low. Whereas the Tesla has a top speed of almost double the interstate speed limit, and can go 0-60 faster than most cars. In fact, the Model S P85D will do 0-60 faster than all but a handful of specialized production hotrods, like the Viper, a very few corvette models and the Hellcat.

And production was never large scale.

Electric cars are subsidize and no used retail value and a EPA hazard

Have you ever been around battery acid ? Yea I can see how we could have a 1000 or so electric cars accidents a month with electric cars and wild life try to drink that shit

I would love to see that, where have you reading about that new science?

there is some information about the Japanese developing a car

that ran on water there was even a video out

however i could not find it off hand

i will look around for it though

i have experimented with

releasing hydrogen from aluminum quite successfully

aluminum gives off a great deal of hydrogen

but it is expensive to do one one of the

materials needed to do so is a rare earth metal

so as it turns out currently that is not a good candidate

in the production of hydrogen

Your just changing the fossil fuel from The road to The power station , electricity is not a fuel either is hydrogen but hydrogen is better, much better

67% of the electricity generated in the US is by fossil fuels. So 33% (a third of all the electricity) is generated by sources other than fossil fuels. And those numbers are changing towards non-fossil fuels.

Ok, so you say hydrogen is better. I am not arguing that. I am arguing that EVs are a viable option and dismissing them as "golf carts" is ignorant.

67% of the electricity generated in the US is by fossil fuels. So 33% (a third of all the electricity) is generated by sources other than fossil fuels. And those numbers are changing towards non-fossil fuels.

Ok, so you say hydrogen is better. I am not arguing that. I am arguing that EVs are a viable option and dismissing them as "golf carts" is ignorant.

they maybe golf carts now

but they they certainly will be of much more use

in the future

Electric cars are subsidize and no used retail value and a EPA hazard

Have you ever been around battery acid ? Yea I can see how we could have a 1000 or so electric cars accidents a month with electric cars and wild life try to drink that shit

Right, because combustion engines never leak dangerous fluids, do they?

they maybe golf carts now

but they they certainly will be of much more use

in the future

I agree. They certainly will become more and more widespread. And there are some EVs that are certainly not anything resembling "golf carts". They are just expensive, as most new technology starts out. The example I used previously was VCRs. My brother bought the first one I ever saw. It was a big clunky thing that set him back around $2,500.

Forum List

Back